PDA

View Full Version : Drew's RX-8

DrewMan
19-08-07, 09:58 PM
Hi guys,

Been floating around on the forum for a while and i finally decided to join up!

Here are some pics of my ride:
http://www.rx8club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105658&d=1186894833
http://www.rx8club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105659&d=1186894833
http://www.rx8club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105665&d=1186895252
http://www.rx8club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105664&d=1186895252

MODS :):

TurboXS exhaust with racing midpipe
K&N Typhoon Type 2 Short Ram Intake
Agency Power Underdrive Pulley
Tein Flex + EDFC
Mazdaspeed Brake Pads
Endless Brake Lines
Cusco ALC+OS front strut
Cusco Front + Rear Swaybars
Agency Power adjustable endlinks
Mazdaspeed Concept Bodykit
Mazdaspeed rear Spoiler
Knightsport side fenders
Ganador side mirrors
Kenwood Amp + 12" Sub
Alpine Tweeters
Agency Power Clutch Line
ACT Heavy Duty Clutch
ACT Prolite flywheel
AFE Short Shifter
GReddy Oil Pan
GReddy Air Diversion Panel
Momo Sport Pedals
Sparco Shift knob
Mazdaspeed Radiator & Oil caps!
Hella Micro DE foglights /w PIAA Super Plasma GT-X bulbs

RaYmO
19-08-07, 10:08 PM
Welcome Drew!

This is the angriest RX8 I've seen!

uknowsergio
19-08-07, 10:16 PM
Thats mean.

Very nice mod list also ;)

llama_au
19-08-07, 10:20 PM
^^^a bird could use it hehe

SHOGUNOVDDRK
19-08-07, 10:29 PM
wow this thing looks even meaner inperson these pictures do no justice :(

i saw you around toongabie early last week at a set of traffic lights....(was in my mums car)

NO10VE
19-08-07, 10:43 PM
Hey copper, (Drew's a cop) nice 8 finally nice to see it

vtec-NA.th
19-08-07, 11:30 PM
what a hot rx8!

you're one cool copper! :D

felixR
20-08-07, 12:01 AM
looking good Drew!

hey that sticker on the windscreen is familiar.. you know ben & tim?

tuan0011
20-08-07, 12:16 AM
Welcome drew.

Jay
20-08-07, 01:37 AM
hehehe seen this car at my parents house ;)

DrewMan
20-08-07, 05:35 AM
Jeez,

Everybody knows me before ive even had a chance to introduce myself!
lol

FelixR- Yes ive known ben and time pretty much their whole lives (we have baby photos together)

Thanks for all the compliments guys :)

...and no its not a toilet seat!

its a concept hoodscoop from the mazdaspeed concept in japan

When i saw it, i was like, "I HAVE to get get that hood scoop" and when the chance to buy it came up, i couldnt pass!

and yes it is functional because theres a hole in the hood for the air to get to the engine bay

ATMOSR
20-08-07, 03:06 PM
Nice 8 mate. Good to see more ppl tuning up the later model rota's.

You do have a toilet seat on your bonnet tho! LOL jks.

Mick
20-08-07, 05:06 PM
Drewman ur car looks awesome man!\
love it.everything goes well .. . except the wheels, isnt my cupa tea =/
everything els is SMexy =)

rodent
20-08-07, 06:10 PM
Everybody knows me before ive even had a chance to introduce myself!
lol
Harlo,

I live across the street from Jay, so of course I've seen (and heard) ya around too :P
Mighty fine looking RX-8 you've got there buddy. Might have to check it out next time you come around :D

jonno.

Dori*mon
21-08-07, 06:40 PM
thats hot! lovely rx8

Deviliss
21-08-07, 06:58 PM
nice ride mate! mean looking RX8

s_vtec
22-08-07, 05:38 PM
i like the red :)

DrewMan
23-08-07, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the comments guys!

Its finally at the level that I wanted the car to be at when i first got it! and it has almost been a year!

You will be coming to EOMM right? Wear your police uniform. It will be funny to see a cop get out of an RX8!

Not really! Flemington Police have an rx8 as well! too bad its auto...:neutral:

shonen
23-08-07, 02:17 AM
Nice rx8 !!

I actually like the bonnet, really suits the lines of the car.

R34NRG
23-08-07, 08:12 PM
how much power is that thing pumpin out?>

NO10VE
23-08-07, 08:16 PM
how much power is that thing pumpin out?>

with that list of mods. Im guessing almost 140 atw. impossible to get major power out of an NA rx8

R34NRG
23-08-07, 08:32 PM
with that list of mods. Im guessing almost 140 atw. impossible to get major power out of an NA rx8

thanks for pointing that out lol, i totally forgot the rx8s are NA. a real shame mazda did that.

although the car does look the goods

dc2rrrr
23-08-07, 08:51 PM
I COULDNT GET PICS TO WORK

R34NRG
23-08-07, 10:19 PM
I COULDNT GET PICS TO WORK

only the 1st one works....for me newai

s_vtec
24-08-07, 10:28 AM
i'm just wondering what you think of the Tein Flex? i'm planning to get them on my car

Rotary_rockeT
24-08-07, 11:51 AM
wear the uniform! i bet it'd stop security from hassling us ha ha :lol:

dc2rrrr
24-08-07, 02:42 PM
cANCEL THAT PICS NOW WORK FOR ME

DrewMan
24-08-07, 02:50 PM
Tein flex works great! but you have to get the edfc option with it!

DrewMan
24-08-07, 07:03 PM
it is a bit bumpier but if you can stand it, its a great upgrade for any car

llama_au
24-08-07, 08:52 PM
EDFC is incredibly useful, I use mine on my Super Streets regularly.

DrewMan
24-08-07, 09:02 PM
i didnt now that super streets were compatible with EDFC...or is that only for the rx8 version of the super streets?

llama_au
24-08-07, 09:13 PM
I don't know the answer to the RX8 question, but the EDFC is perfectly compatible with the Aus Spec Super Streets in my N15 Pulsar :)

Mr Happ
24-08-07, 09:29 PM
Nice mod list Drew. Styling wise, i'd do things differently but your mods are spot on. Well done mate :mrgreen:

DrewMan
24-08-07, 09:45 PM
I don't know the answer to the RX8 question, but the EDFC is perfectly compatible with the Aus Spec Super Streets in my N15 Pulsar :)

well that answers that question. I know that the edfc only works on the flex and mono flex for the rx8

Nice mod list Drew. Styling wise, i'd do things differently but your mods are spot on. Well done mate :mrgreen:

the only thing thats missing is the GReddy turbo kit...

and i wouldnt mind getting the re amemiya battery relocation kit and the FEED rear tower bar

might get some te37s when the cashflow starts again

NO10VE
24-08-07, 11:02 PM
well that answers that question. I know that the edfc only works on the flex and mono flex for the rx8

the only thing thats missing is the GReddy turbo kit...

and i wouldnt mind getting the re amemiya battery relocation kit and the FEED rear tower bar

might get some te37s when the cashflow starts again

The tein SS's work with EDFC but the have to purchase the pillow mounts at an extra cost. The EDFC wont work without the pillow mounts.

Damn coppers make good money it seems

s_vtec
24-08-07, 11:04 PM
maybe i should be a copper, and more chicks will dig the asian guy in a uniform lol anyways te37 will look hot on it :)

DrewMan
25-08-07, 10:40 PM
maybe i should be a copper, and more chicks will dig the asian guy in a uniform lol anyways te37 will look hot on it :)

oh if only...

anyways te37 will look hot on it :)

im thinking of getting the time attacks!

Dave R
25-08-07, 11:15 PM
Nice car buddy :)

if u dont mind me asking what LAC u in ?

DrewMan
26-08-07, 12:44 AM
Nice car buddy :)

if u dont mind me asking what LAC u in ?

that would be parramatta

why do you ask?

Dave R
26-08-07, 05:40 PM
was just intrested.. have a mate about 2 join up in the police force...

J
26-08-07, 06:33 PM
just about to join up, as in just about to fail at the academy?

nice rx8, tons better than s_vtecs nugget

Dave R
26-08-07, 06:40 PM
^ probably! rofl! hahaha

DrewMan
27-08-07, 03:37 PM
just about to join up, as in just about to fail at the academy?

nice rx8, tons better than s_vtecs nugget

i didnt really like it at the academy. it really takes you out of your comfort zone!

whats wrong with s_vtecs rx8? all 8s are hot!

Cappuccino
27-08-07, 03:40 PM
that would be parramatta

why do you ask?

Small world my mate works there.....drives a bmw 1 series....

Nice looking Rx8 bonnet suits it well.

DrewMan
27-08-07, 07:17 PM
Small world my mate works there.....drives a bmw 1 series....

Nice looking Rx8 bonnet suits it well.

you know dos?

Cappuccino
27-08-07, 07:32 PM
yep i know dos.... known him for years as he went to school with my older brothers. Havent seen him in a while but...next time you see him say Will says hey.

DrewMan
27-08-07, 07:44 PM
yep i know dos.... known him for years as he went to school with my older brothers. Havent seen him in a while but...next time you see him say Will says hey.

will do...hes on my team so i see him pretty much every day at work

DrewMan
27-08-07, 11:40 PM
Just some updated pics (thanks timmeh!)

http://lh4.google.com/impoze/RtESQUI52BI/AAAAAAAAMYU/DAFa3Vz-yc8/IMG_6129.jpg?imgmax=576
http://lh4.google.com/impoze/RtESRUI52CI/AAAAAAAAMYc/NrqfMGT-JyU/IMG_6130.jpg?imgmax=512
http://lh6.google.com/impoze/RtESS0I52EI/AAAAAAAAMYs/HctaJJ6PCXU/IMG_6132.jpg?imgmax=576
http://lh4.google.com/impoze/RtESTUI52FI/AAAAAAAAMY0/JpcDXKxjnhs/IMG_6133.jpg?imgmax=576
http://lh3.google.com/impoze/RtESVEI52HI/AAAAAAAAMZE/4IwTDiJrYf4/IMG_6135.jpg?imgmax=512
http://lh3.google.com/impoze/RtESXEI52KI/AAAAAAAAMZc/LqvGyeaM7QQ/IMG_6138.jpg?imgmax=576
http://lh3.google.com/impoze/RtESYEI52MI/AAAAAAAAMZs/pZS9NRI4dKo/IMG_6140.jpg?imgmax=576

s_vtec
28-08-07, 12:15 AM
oh very nice...

Dave R
28-08-07, 12:28 AM
i hope those mods are engineered :P hehehe

only playing :)

DrewMan
28-08-07, 03:01 PM
^oh dont get me started lol

llama_au
28-08-07, 11:01 PM
What's the answer :P

Dave R
29-08-07, 10:06 PM
ey buddy, u got pm.. sent a couple of days ago... ;)

twitch
29-08-07, 11:34 PM
very nice like it a lot
have the doors ever hugged you?
(like in the commercial) hehe

DrewMan
30-08-07, 07:52 PM
ey buddy, u got pm.. sent a couple of days ago... ;)

got it thanks! pm replied

very nice like it a lot
have the doors ever hugged you?
(like in the commercial) hehe

yep! i think its only car that actually hugs you back!

ram
03-09-07, 04:07 PM
...might get some te37s when the cashflow starts again

DO IT!!!

Luc
04-09-07, 09:50 PM
acab

Omawari_San
04-09-07, 09:55 PM
Nice car man!
I like it.
Put a oilcooler behind the scoop! Perfect place.

Stalemete
04-09-07, 10:03 PM
hot car is hot.
that is all :lol:

oh you also need something to fill that child devouring mouth of a front bar ;)

VTECMACHINE
04-09-07, 10:27 PM
Nice RX8 man! Looks quite aggressive. IMO I reakon black wheels (CE28 Time attacks) would really set the car off.

and yes it is functional because theres a hole in the hood for the air to get to the engine bay

I don't get hood scoop's, I reakon they add unneccessary drag especially in a car that lags Torque...

s_vtec
04-09-07, 10:29 PM
car still looks mad, alot better then my nugget

VTECMACHINE
04-09-07, 10:30 PM
i hope those mods are engineered :P hehehe

only playing :)

HAHAHAHA... I was also thinking that.

Are the modifications enginnered though, just wondering? Like if you do something illegal like get defected, would you get told off more than the general public considering you are meant to be setting an example to the public etc... or do you get let off because of your occupation?

nath
05-09-07, 12:16 AM
Car looks good Drew - I have to say though, IMHO these pics don't do it justice. Seeing it in the flesh on Fri night made me like it lots.

So have we convinced you on a set of TAs now? : )

PyRoMaNiAc
05-09-07, 12:55 AM
HAHAHAHA... I was also thinking that.

Are the modifications enginnered though, just wondering? Like if you do something illegal like get defected, would you get told off more than the general public considering you are meant to be setting an example to the public etc... or do you get let off because of your occupation?

wondering this also...

Mr Happ
05-09-07, 01:13 AM
Drew,

I'd be really keen on your thoughts on the AP Pulleys, also the light fly, and TEIN Flex. ... seriously considering an RX8 for my daily driver. Would go with RB Revi and RB Race exhaust. As for wheels..........i reckon RPF1 in 18x9.5 with 275s are awesome......see below.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda-talk/images/rx8enkeirp.jpg

nath
05-09-07, 01:14 AM
Love those RPF1s!

DrewMan
05-09-07, 07:46 PM
they look very similar to the mazdaspeed concept rims
http://carbl.com/im/mazdaspeed.jpg

thats my front bar!

DrewMan
05-09-07, 07:50 PM
Drew,

I'd be really keen on your thoughts on the AP Pulleys, also the light fly, and TEIN Flex. ... seriously considering an RX8 for my daily driver. Would go with RB Revi and RB Race exhaust. As for wheels..........i reckon RPF1 in 18x9.5 with 275s are awesome......see below.

Its kinda hard to get HP out of an NA car. the pulleys and light flywheel add a little bit of Hp but not much. they do add a heap of throttle response though. The revi is probably the best intake out there atm. the RB exhaust is heavier than stock so youre better of getting something else. I reccommend getting the RE-Amemiya super dolphin.

http://www.re-amemiya.co.jp/new_parts/pic/rx_8/06_new/06_rx_8_d_long_muff_all.jpg

sex in the form of an exhaust!

its dual tone and sounds absolutely awesome!

Babalouie
05-09-07, 08:01 PM
RE Amemiya > *

Mr Happ
07-09-07, 09:46 AM
Thanks Drew, note i am referring to the RB Race Exhaust rather than the normal exhaust.......check this out, cant get much lighter than this beauty

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9743/16396dg1.jpg

DrewMan
08-09-07, 12:09 PM
its only a single side exhaust and its loud loud loud!

only a helmet will deaden the sound!

Mr Happ
09-09-07, 03:04 PM
Have you heard it the RB race system? reports i have is that sound is bearable...no drone either.

scathing
09-09-07, 07:59 PM
they look very similar to the mazdaspeed concept rims
http://carbl.com/im/mazdaspeed.jpg

Those MazdaSpeed rims look like Advan AVS Model 5's (http://www.yokohamatire.jp/yrc/japan/wheel/brand/avs_model5/index.html).

scathing
09-09-07, 08:05 PM

Its only functional if it solves a problem.

Are you having temperature issues with your car? Your mod list doesn't really indicate a marked increase in power output to require more air going into the engine bay, unless Mazda ran the car close to the limits of the stock cooling system from the factory.

You could be doing a lot of track work, of course, where you're running the car harder for longer than what the manufacturer envisioned. I know I wouldn't mind some bonnet and brake venting on my car, especially when I do track days in summer.

Magnet
10-09-07, 01:59 AM
Why would you want more air coming into the engine bay, where's it going to come out? Do you have cooling problems? Shouldn't be driving your car that hard to justify the need for extra cooling via bonnet scoupe, unless you track the car?Even still, it's just rice.

Justin Fox
10-09-07, 11:51 AM
I'm getting sick of reading posts where you guys (here's looking at you Alan) flame people for mods which are just for aesthetics. It's cool that you're into form follows function but it doesnd't entitle you to be on a high horse about it.

I am 100% into aesthetics and JDM Style. Not everything on my cars have to be for function. I am totally into functional parts, but I am also totally into mods which make a car look great.

supernatural
10-09-07, 12:35 PM
not having a go at anyone here... but personally i think that body kits and aesthetic parts serves as a function... its there to "solve" the look of a normal car... it may not "solves" everyones problem but it will "solve" someones problem... if your car looks stock... and u want it to look unique... isnt tat a "problem" already?? so by having a body kit would solve the "problem" then...

the man wants air going into his engine bay... and tats wat he achieved... so problem solved...

unless you track the car?Even still, it's just rice.
LOL! tats childish :P

Babalouie
10-09-07, 12:37 PM
I'm getting sick of reading posts where you guys (here's looking at you Alan) flame people for mods which are just for aesthetics. It's cool that you're into form follows function but it doesnd't entitle you to be on a high horse about it.

Just a thought....what do your new side skirts do exactly Alan? :)

doofus
10-09-07, 12:51 PM

I am 100% into aesthetics and JDM Style. Not everything on my cars have to be for function. I am totally into functional parts, but I am also totally into mods which make a car look great.

good call!

:D

scathing
10-09-07, 06:05 PM

I don't recall flaming Drewman because of aesthetics.

He says that his scoop provides more air into the engine bay, so apparently its not "rice". I'm asking him to back up that comment with facts. I don't see anything in my post in this thread as "flaming" - they are genuine questions. From a technical perspective I can't see why a modern road car with a only a catback and intake would require extra cooling, unless Mazda was remiss about engineering the cooling system.

At which point I would be flaming Mazda's engineering, not the aesthetics of this car.

I am interested, since s_vtec has an RX-8 and sometimes asks me questions. So, being the engineering type I am, would like to know about it to remind him in advance should he start turning up the wick on his car. I won't say I'm not skeptical that, in this day and age, an OEM would set up a car so close to its heating limits, but given that its happened in the recent past I'm not ruling it out.

As an analogy, lets say I knew nothing about the Z32's most famous attribute. If I asked John Penlington if all the vents on the front of his 300ZX served a purpose after he wrote somewhere that it was there to keep underbonnet temps down, would I still be "flaming" him? He installed the vents to provide better airflow and cool his engine down, which we all know does happen in that car, so if I were to ask him in all ignorance would it be an attack?

I just want to know if the RX8 is the same. I don't really have much to do with them at the moment, but I am always curious. So please, make sure the glove fits before you accuse me of something.

Just a thought....what do your new side skirts do exactly Alan? :)

I refer to my own carbon wing as my "rice wing". You'll never hear me tell anyone that it provides any meaningful aerodynamic downforce. The only downforce my bodykit generates is good old F=ma, where a is gravity. However, I don't pretend any different and if anyone calls it rice I won't disagree.

uknowsergio
10-09-07, 07:17 PM
I can't see why a modern road car with a only a catback and intake would require extra cooling, unless Mazda was remiss about engineering the cooling system.

My house has ducted Air-con.

My body can take the heat, and so can my house...

But i'd rather it cool.

Wouldn't you prefer to be cool? :P

p.s. Clean rx8, I'd love to check it out closer next meet! I'm thinking about buying one of these eventually...

JustinS14
10-09-07, 07:36 PM
But it dose not flow the air any where dose it? on top of the engine? that dose nothing dose it? must flow over a cooler or rad of some sorts.

If it was backwards it would work way better and suck air out of the engine bay.

llama_au
10-09-07, 08:25 PM
But it dose not flow the air any where dose it? on top of the engine? that dose nothing dose it? must flow over a cooler or rad of some sorts.

If it was backwards it would work way better and suck air out of the engine bay.

LOL. 'does', not 'dose'. I thought I'd walked onto a VL forum for a second :lol:

JustinS14
10-09-07, 08:45 PM
^ Yeah i cant spell for shit haha :P

Magnet
10-09-07, 10:24 PM
Hey leave justinS14 alone, he's internet challenged.

That wasn't my point, nor alan's. I have no problems with the scoupe, it's cool, but don't try and argue that it's functional, especially after you've had a dig at 'ricers who hang out at maccas'. We're all into making our making our cars look pretty, to the most part, but we don't argue the functionality of bodykits and stickers.

supernatural
10-09-07, 11:24 PM
they may seem like rice to yous but he see's tat cooling his engine is a form of function... and like i said previously... he maybe trying to enhance the look on his car... so tat does serve as a function doesnt it??

Babalouie
10-09-07, 11:31 PM
I think we should just drop it and move on :D

Magnet
10-09-07, 11:44 PM
they may seem like rice to yous but he see's tat cooling his engine is a form of function... and like i said previously... he maybe trying to enhance the look on his car... so tat does serve as a function doesnt it??
...and again, no problems with rice(jdm rice), but you do not argue that it's functional and not rice.

Babalouie
11-09-07, 12:05 AM
Yup...moving right along....nothing to see here :D

scathing
11-09-07, 01:42 AM
he maybe trying to enhance the look on his car... so tat does serve as a function doesnt it??

I'll let DrewMan answer the "intended purpose" of the bonnet scoop:

I reckon the hood ornament looks unique and pretty cool. Not entirely my cup of tea, but it certainly looks a lot cooler and more integrated into the factory lines than your average WRX / STi's inverted vacuum cleaner head attachment (sorry guys, its true).

But, a spade's a spade. That's all that really needs to be said.

doofus
11-09-07, 01:49 AM
...and again, no problems with rice(jdm rice), but you do not argue that it's functional and not rice.

so what if he did argue that its functional and not rice? did he hurt your feelings?

you all have dicks, but whinge over little things like little girls.

i dont understand what all the fuss is about?

scathing
11-09-07, 11:16 AM
Anyway, after seeing the car briefly at the last EOMM (when it arrived at Rhodes) I do quite like the bodykit and the design of the rims.

The car looks like a shark, with that gaping maw at the front and sleek lines down the flanks.

Babalouie
11-09-07, 12:18 PM
Moving right along, all done....ahh isn't closure nice :D

DrewMan
11-09-07, 01:12 PM
Wow so much fighting over a simple bonnet scoop!

In my books, rice is basically "something that doesnt add to the performance of the car and is only there for looks".

rx8s are notorious for naturally having higher running engine temps. The scoop helps a little with the cooling but there are probably better hoods out there that do a better job. I just got this one because I knew nobody in aus had one yet!

Isnt it better to have 1 scoop rather than no scoops? I saw someone at the EOMM who had a purple shinka and actually CUT HOLES into his hood and meshed it up. looked...questionable

Magnet
11-09-07, 05:23 PM
so what if he did argue that its functional and not rice? did he hurt your feelings?

you all have dicks, but whinge over little things like little girls.

i dont understand what all the fuss is about?
Welcome to the internet.

doofus
11-09-07, 05:28 PM
why don't you grow up magnet.

Babalouie
11-09-07, 05:31 PM
CLOSURE.

WE.

ARE.

MOVING.

ON.

...don't make me come and smack you guys

*waves freshly minted moderator stick*

tuan0011
11-09-07, 09:57 PM
Wow so much fighting over a simple bonnet scoop!

In my books, rice is basically "something that doesnt add to the performance of the car and is only there for looks".

rx8s are notorious for naturally having higher running engine temps. The scoop helps a little with the cooling but there are probably better hoods out there that do a better job. I just got this one because I knew nobody in aus had one yet!

Isnt it better to have 1 scoop rather than no scoops? I saw someone at the EOMM who had a purple shinka and actually CUT HOLES into his hood and meshed it up. looked...questionable

Kiet's shinka rx8 had a turbo kit, Drew. I think he was taking a stab at making a functional scoop.

DrewMan
14-09-07, 01:40 PM
I think I took a pic of it at the EOMM if i can find it...

http://hidebehind.com/img/BA/BA9640.JPG

I think he shaved the rotary indentation as well

Mike.V?!
14-09-07, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the internet.

That 'it's only the internet' defense mechanicism is a load of bullshit. Weren't you one of the guys who threatened iced for comments he made that were 'just on the internet'?

black200
14-09-07, 03:34 PM
i think it was the other way around mike!

even though my initial reaction was yuck chrome, it actually has quite grown on me. Especially the front end, lookgs great.

Only thing to watch is that those red lug nuts you have might not be any good on the wheels you have. If the wheels have a tapered design for the nut to fit into snugly, then sweet no problem. but if the wheels have a flat collar and the nuts dont - that could spell major trouble

Gorilla
14-09-07, 04:08 PM
hey, you have got 5 pages of fame, from people talking about your car...see and you didnt even have to do mods to bump it up....at least its making an impact hehe

DrewMan
14-09-07, 04:13 PM
i think it was the other way around mike!

even though my initial reaction was yuck chrome, it actually has quite grown on me. Especially the front end, lookgs great.

Only thing to watch is that those red lug nuts you have might not be any good on the wheels you have. If the wheels have a tapered design for the nut to fit into snugly, then sweet no problem. but if the wheels have a flat collar and the nuts dont - that could spell major trouble

They are rays nuts and have a tapered end. THey fit perfectly into the rims!

now for some volks to go with it...

Trolls Royce
25-01-08, 02:14 AM
Does your exhaust pass emissions tests?

DrewMan
25-01-08, 03:14 AM
its back to stock :D

R34Turbo
25-01-08, 04:54 AM
wow copper? dangerous~ shouldn't have defect mods listed with the plates now :D BTW nice rx8, first time to see eyelids on rx8's...

DrewMan
05-08-08, 03:46 PM
test fit:

Front:

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4075/img0007lh9.jpg
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/1729/img0008or9.jpg

Rear:
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7887/img0010io0.jpg
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/2424/img0011pn2.jpg

Needs another 20mm in teh rear methinks!

The Goods:
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/7122/img0012op3.jpg
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/2603/img0017uy6.jpg

Albino
05-08-08, 04:04 PM
Nice rims mate. U beat to me to em! haha

good price and good buy

Andy Wana
05-08-08, 04:05 PM
Very nice ... are you going back to stock with the front bar?
And those wheels are light as for 18"s :shock:

What's the size of the wheel? like factory 18 x 8.0s?

DrewMan
05-08-08, 04:14 PM
Very nice ... are you going back to stock with the front bar?
And those wheels are light as for 18"s :shock:

What's the size of the wheel? like factory 18 x 8.0s?

yeah theyre just the same as factory but with a +40 offset

i wish they were 9's but ah well, theyre just for daily driving anyway

my front bar got destroyed at the skidpan remember?
ah well...time for a front lip!

im getting some work xd9's in matte titanium for the track

http://www.hybrid-performance.com/images/xd9.JPG

will be 18 x 9.0 +38

s_vtec
05-08-08, 04:16 PM
Looks much better :)

VTECMACHINE
05-08-08, 05:05 PM
Why works for the track... they are so heavy!

DrewMan
05-08-08, 05:13 PM
Why works for the track... they are so heavy!

theyre good value for what they are and they dont look too bad either.

unless of course someone is selling a set of second handers at a good price.

Andy Wana
05-08-08, 05:17 PM
I'd go Mazdaspeed wheels for track, Work emotions for daily.

HKS200
05-08-08, 05:18 PM
looks good :D needs the rest of the MS kit

DrewMan
05-08-08, 05:28 PM
looks good :D needs the rest of the MS kit

booring

my sideskirts are cracked (looking at getting different ones)

front needs a lip - re amemiya maybe?

im feeling this one:

http://www.re-amemiya.co.jp/commodity/image/01_rx_8_aero/06_rx_8_f_lip_all.jpg

HKS200
05-08-08, 05:33 PM
booring

my sideskirts are cracked (looking at getting different ones)

front needs a lip - re amemiya maybe?

RE amemiya is nice i've seen one running around sydney with the full RE kit fog lights and all. What about Bomex :P

Run-It-Hard
05-08-08, 05:34 PM
niiiice RX-8 drewman! the bonnet blends in really well :)

quick question regarding your offset plate, i got a mad fine and lost 3 dp's for having an offset number plate bracket although this particular bracket was ADR approved, was this copper having a stab at me for shits and giggles?

Run-It-Hard
05-08-08, 05:36 PM
btw if you did get that lip too, would you get the canards too? or are they included?

DrewMan
05-08-08, 05:37 PM
thats weird since this is what the guidelines are:

Clause 24 - Display of number plates
Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 1998
1) Unless otherwise approved, the registered operator of a registered registrable
vehicle, must ensure that the vehicle number plate issued for the vehicle is
permanently affixed to the vehicle so that;
a) the number plate is at all times,
i. in an upright position and is substantially parallel to the vehicle's axles,
and
ii. not more than 1.3 metres above ground level, and
b) the numbers on the number plate are clearly visible from a distance of 20
metres at any point within an arc of 45 degrees from above or to either side.
c) Any cover on a number plate;
i. is clear, clean, untinted & flat over its entire surface,
ii. and has no reflective or other characteristics that would prevent use of
traffic offence detection devices, and
d) in the case of a motor vehicle a number plate is to be affixed front and rear,
and
e) in the case of a motor cycle or trailer a number plate is affixed on the rear
only.

id take it to court if i were you

and yes the canards are included :D

HKS200
05-08-08, 05:40 PM
niiiice RX-8 drewman! the bonnet blends in really well :)

quick question regarding your offset plate, i got a mad fine and lost 3 dp's for having an offset number plate bracket although this particular bracket was ADR approved, was this copper having a stab at me for shits and giggles?

I say kill the pig and have bacon for breakfast

DrewMan
05-08-08, 05:53 PM
I say kill the pig and have bacon for breakfast

bacon is fantastic! I like it crunchy

I also saw the Stage21 front lip recently and I thought it looked OK

thoughts?

http://www.stage21.co.jp/cgi-bin/stage21/images/LRX8Aa.jpg

Run-It-Hard
05-08-08, 05:54 PM
thats weird since this is what the guidelines are:

Clause 24 - Display of number plates
Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 1998
1) Unless otherwise approved, the registered operator of a registered registrable
vehicle, must ensure that the vehicle number plate issued for the vehicle is
permanently affixed to the vehicle so that;
a) the number plate is at all times,
i. in an upright position and is substantially parallel to the vehicle's axles,
and
ii. not more than 1.3 metres above ground level, and
b) the numbers on the number plate are clearly visible from a distance of 20
metres at any point within an arc of 45 degrees from above or to either side.
c) Any cover on a number plate;
i. is clear, clean, untinted & flat over its entire surface,
ii. and has no reflective or other characteristics that would prevent use of
traffic offence detection devices, and
d) in the case of a motor vehicle a number plate is to be affixed front and rear,
and
e) in the case of a motor cycle or trailer a number plate is affixed on the rear
only.

id take it to court if i were you

and yes the canards are included :D

unfortunately i didnt, this happened some time ago, i had no time nor the funds to go, as on top of that i got a red label because these cops thought my car wasnt safe to drive this led to being towed =/ being a 1st year apprentice at the time it really hurt my hip pocket.

anywhos less me, more you :D go with the RE lip :)

Mr Happ
05-08-08, 06:21 PM
Dont mind the stage 21 lip at all.

I have a sneaking like (not quite love) of the RX-8, was going to get one before i bought my F6......a light tune RX-8 (wheels,suspension,brakes, breathing mods and light cosmetics) would be a sweet daily driver / toy i reckon.

Run-It-Hard
05-08-08, 08:07 PM
forgot to ask, with the underdrive pully i'm guessing you needed a shorter timing belt, was this hard to source? how much shorter did the belt end up being?

DrewMan
05-08-08, 09:06 PM
forgot to ask, with the underdrive pully i'm guessing you needed a shorter timing belt, was this hard to source? how much shorter did the belt end up being?

the belt came with the underdrive pulley

i dunno where im going to get a new one lol!

prolly gonna have to go to Agency Power directly and ask them for a replacement

its not bad considering it was only about $200

definately pulls harder and accelerates faster but when the car idles, the a/c gets noticeably warmer. Kinda sucks when youre stuck in traffic but its nice and chilly when you get going again.

Run-It-Hard
05-08-08, 10:06 PM
the belt came with the underdrive pulley

i dunno where im going to get a new one lol!

prolly gonna have to go to Agency Power directly and ask them for a replacement

its not bad considering it was only about $200

definately pulls harder and accelerates faster but when the car idles, the a/c gets noticeably warmer. Kinda sucks when youre stuck in traffic but its nice and chilly when you get going again.

haha, yeah thats the problem i have been facing. i have been looking at underdrive pulleys for a while but it doesnt include a belt and i have no idea how i will find one that will fit, i'm also considering taking my a/c out so the belt wont be connected to the compressor which would make the belt shorter once again. Decisions decisions :P

DrewMan
11-09-08, 05:36 PM
Carbon Splitters...

Yay or Nay?

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5540/img0075in5.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9420/img0077jx6.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9919/img0078uk8.jpg

Also installed my new Odula Ram intake, Koyo Radiator and new battery! My old one was as old as the car :o

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6839/img0079yz2.jpg
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2558/img0080wr4.jpg

Andy Wana
11-09-08, 05:43 PM
I don't really mind the carbon splitters, Drew.
They look pretty good from those pictures, but I'd like to see a picture of the splitters with the whole car in it.
3 qtr view from the front and side view.

DrewMan
11-09-08, 05:50 PM
I don't really mind the carbon splitters, Drew.
They look pretty good from those pictures, but I'd like to see a picture of the splitters with the whole car in it.
3 qtr view from the front and side view.

just a test fit atm

i still have to reinstall the splash trays, front bumper and add coolant (ill do it tomorrow)

ill have to drill the holes in the splitters to fit them

Im just wondering if I should keep them on since ill be getting my stage21 front lip in a matter of weeks

or maybe put both of them on?

Andy Wana
11-09-08, 05:54 PM
just a test fit atm

i still have to reinstall the splash trays, front bumper and add coolant (ill do it tomorrow)

ill have to drill the holes in the splitters to fit them

Im just wondering if I should keep them on since ill be getting my stage21 front lip in a matter of weeks

or maybe put both of them on?

What does the Stage21 front lip look like?

DrewMan
11-09-08, 05:56 PM
What does the Stage21 front lip look like?

http://www.stage21.co.jp/cgi-bin/stage21/images/LRX8Aa.jpg
http://carview-img02.bmcdn.jp/carlife/images/UserCarNote/334904/p2.jpg
http://carview-img02.bmcdn.jp/carlife/images/UserCarNote/334896/p1.jpg

i saw it and loved it!

and no you cant copy me!

hahahahahhaha

DreadAngel
11-09-08, 06:16 PM
Both on :)

Andy Wana
11-09-08, 06:24 PM
LOL. I'd still be going the Mazdaspeed path if I were to go with any bodykit.
And I have the factory front air dam on at the moment, so I won't be doing anything to it anytime soon.

rodent
12-09-08, 02:52 AM
Yay for the splitters.

Although this looks pretty tough, maybe you should try driving it around like that? :lol:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6839/img0079yz2.jpg

Albino
12-09-08, 10:21 AM
What carbon splitters are they?? Very sexy.

DrewMan
13-09-08, 02:06 AM
What carbon splitters are they?? Very sexy.

I got them from http://www.autotecknic.com/

They mostly do DTM stuff but do have some parts for JDM cars

theyre just the universal splitters they have. you can pretty much put them on any car

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-7493592142114_2015_8105517

simonster
13-09-08, 12:26 PM
I got them from http://www.autotecknic.com/

They mostly do DTM stuff but do have some parts for JDM cars

theyre just the universal splitters they have. you can pretty much put them on any car

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-7493592142114_2015_8105517

i bought the same splitter for my s2000 let me know how you go with install i still habnt drilled into it yet...

DrewMan
13-09-08, 12:57 PM
i bought the same splitter for my s2000 let me know how you go with install i still habnt drilled into it yet...

i think ill put them on when i get the front lip

spio
14-09-08, 01:36 AM
I have the same front splitters, managed to pick it up for 50 bucks on ebay. They usually go for around 180 delivered.

To install it, it's a matter of drilling holes in your front lip/bar. Alternatively if the holes on the splitters dont suit, you can jsut redrill them. When drilling CF some precaitonary steps should be taken, to ensure you dont crack or splinter the splitters:
- place some masking tape over the place you will be drilling through (both sides)
- place the splitter on a block of wood (or similar) when you are drilling
- drill a pilot hole first
- dont force the drill bit through, let it drill through under its own accord

I also placed some rubber washers between the bar and the splitters to act as a cushion.

Albino
15-09-08, 11:19 AM
Wow nice... didnt know they were universal. Looks liek it was built for the RX8!

D CUPS
16-09-08, 07:48 PM
Yes for the CF splitters :D Drewman

and..oooh yeah for Odula!

Kaotic
16-09-08, 07:54 PM
are you gonna colour code the bottom lip on the new bumper then put the cf splitters on?

cause the black and cf might blend in a little imo:)

but both are ver sexy;)

Albino
17-09-08, 11:59 AM
are you gonna colour code the bottom lip on the new bumper then put the cf splitters on?

cause the black and cf might blend in a little imo:)

but both are ver sexy;)

but the black is a matt finish and CF is gloss?

Reckon the colour coding is nicer..

Andy Wana
17-09-08, 12:21 PM
I'd say colour code the stage21 lip and leave the CF splitters as is.
Show us some pics when they are on, Drew. Can't wait to see them on.

Rad
17-09-08, 12:23 PM
Hope driveways don't become a pain with that lip!

DrewMan
24-12-08, 07:18 PM
Merry Christmas to me!

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1223/img0205vf7.jpg

Bodgy Racing Developments
24-12-08, 07:25 PM
defect! boxes dont comply to ADR standards :P

DrewMan
24-12-08, 07:26 PM
defect! boxes dont comply to ADR standards :P

I've reinvented the wheel!

theyre a lot lighter and quite cheap. but the ride does get a bit harsher and they dont last as long as regular wheels

s_vtec
24-12-08, 07:28 PM
You need a turbo kit :D hehe

hammo_89
24-12-08, 10:45 PM
PICS of them on the car!! and what happened to the mazdaspeed wheels?? what rays did you get?? Did you get time attacks??

DrewMan
24-12-08, 11:01 PM
You need a turbo kit :D hehe

:S tell me about it! Id love to get one but I dont see it happenning in the near future...

PICS of them on the car!! and what happened to the mazdaspeed wheels?? what rays did you get?? Did you get time attacks??

Mazdaspeed rims will be track rims and the new rims will be road rims.

Theyre not time attack but they will reveal themselves soon enough heheheh

Andy Wana
24-12-08, 11:31 PM
Drew, what a tease!
And a baller!

eug4emi
24-12-08, 11:35 PM
pics or ban....asap

Gorilla
25-12-08, 11:13 PM
Im assuming its RE30 as his MSN nick says :P

DrewMan
25-12-08, 11:37 PM
lol shane you ruined the suspense!

SPL_K
25-12-08, 11:48 PM
you msg'd me as soon as you put a deposit on it AHAHA

DrewMan
26-12-08, 12:04 AM
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/261/img0005nn3.jpg

bling!

Bang A Dang
26-12-08, 12:28 AM
so sexy! now wrap some rubber on them and slap em on yr hub drewman

Rad
26-12-08, 12:33 AM
What tyres are going on

Bang A Dang
26-12-08, 12:35 AM
rad says rt615

Rad
26-12-08, 12:39 AM
Nah, they're his track rims..

TENSE
26-12-08, 12:45 AM
nankangs are the go these days :D

Rad
26-12-08, 12:46 AM
nankangs are the go these days :D

Yeah, to go into a telegraph pole.

DrewMan
26-12-08, 01:20 AM
rad says rt615

spotto!

the mazdaspeed rims are going to be the track rims

ill put some re555s in 245/40/18 on them

ill just use the tyres that I have on the mazdaspeeds now

225/40/18 and then upgrade to some 265-275s or something when they die

DrewMan
26-12-08, 02:25 AM
Oh yeah and I got these!

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/2862/img0001mh2.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/272/img0005pz5.jpg

when it comes to rotaries, you cant go past RE-Amemiya!

dopey
26-12-08, 03:10 AM
awesome drew
congrats on the new purchases

DrewMan
27-12-08, 01:32 PM
Finally got them on the car!

I reckon they look schmicko!

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/1237/img0002jg6.jpg

They sit flush with the guards and although theyre not as aggressive as some, I would have had to get the guards rolled if I went with anything lower.

z10
27-12-08, 01:36 PM
Finally got them on the car!

I reckon they look schmicko!

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/1237/img0002jg6.jpg

They sit flush with the guards and although theyre not as aggressive as some, I would have had to get the guards rolled if I went with anything lower.

that is seriously hot! nice one drew!

eug4emi
27-12-08, 01:37 PM
http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/animals/do_want.jpg

So much better than your old rims, the height IMO is perfect!

wilch
27-12-08, 01:41 PM
that's quite the transformation from this:

*thumbs up

DrewMan
27-12-08, 01:45 PM
that's quite the transformation from this:

*thumbs up

hey they came with the car orrite!?

yes I still have them sitting in my carport.

ford falcon anyone?

18 x 7.5 +50

should fit any car :D

Dave R
27-12-08, 01:51 PM
looks good man, really good!!

now to make some power :P

Cappuccino
27-12-08, 01:55 PM
I dunno Drew, those 20inch chromies where pretty shmick :P

Not!!

New wheels look the goods mate!

philz
27-12-08, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure If i missed it, but what's the offset of the RE30's.

It looks mega hawt too!

DrewMan
27-12-08, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure If i missed it, but what's the offset of the RE30's.

It looks mega hawt too!

Thanks!

size is 18 x 9.0 +35

it currently has 225/40/18s on them

D CUPS
27-12-08, 04:41 PM
.........HOT...........

Love the new wheels Drewman, that's soooo tasty. MORE PICS please!

hammo_89
27-12-08, 10:34 PM
looks awesome mate!! bronze and red goes so well and the re30s are a gorgous wheel!! suits the car well! GW!!

DrewMan
28-12-08, 04:09 PM
argh! Woke up this morning to take the car to work and found out there was a flat. I took it to a place close to work and after inspection, they found that the bead where the tyre sits on the rim has been damaged!

Since it wasn't damaged when it was on the last wheel, one can only assume that it was damaged when the tyre place was putting them on the new rims by being overenthusiastic with the tyre lever.

A return trip shall be made on Monday and the workers confronted!

philz
28-12-08, 04:22 PM
A return trip shall be made on Monday and the workers confronted!
...and arrested?

Sucks to hear, hope it gets fixed asap.

Would you also have any side shots of the rims, I want to see how well the wheels fill the guards

Vashcat
29-12-08, 10:33 AM
instant win drew.
hands down

Wink
29-12-08, 10:46 AM
Need more pics!

And open a can of whoop-ass on the tyre mob!

scathing
29-12-08, 07:35 PM
Yeah, to go into a telegraph pole.

:P I use Nankangs as track tyres. They're sick as. 3 track days and still no evidence of hard usage.

MAD828
29-12-08, 07:48 PM
Did the tyre shop reverse mount the tyres to the rims? I know most RAYS wheels require you to do that.

Your car looks amazing with those wheels.

doofus
29-12-08, 08:18 PM
damn!! looks awesome!

DrewMan
29-12-08, 08:22 PM
OK after a trip to the tyre shop and an inspection of the tyres, it looks as though the sidewall was damaged before they were put on the new rims.

The belts had a very small amount of rust which was evidence that suggested that it was there prior to the guys mounting the tyres.

So now I have to buy a new tyre...*sigh*

ah well...I guess window tints can wait!

Thanks for all the comments!

Vashcat has volunteered (under threat of death) to shoot my car once its back up on four wheels.

DrewMan
29-12-08, 08:23 PM
...and arrested?

Sucks to hear, hope it gets fixed asap.

Would you also have any side shots of the rims, I want to see how well the wheels fill the guards

I'll try to get some decent piccies for you when I dont feel like a zombie and the weather clears up a little

DrewMan
29-12-08, 08:25 PM
:P I use Nankangs as track tyres. They're sick as. 3 track days and still no evidence of hard usage.

Theyre very hardy. I had 3 track days on them and they didnt even look used. it took almost 2 years of normal driving and a few track days in between to kill them :shock:

dopey
29-12-08, 08:27 PM
Damn bad luck Drew... Hope you're rostered on for some Public Holiday overtime rates over the new years period :D

Vashcat
29-12-08, 09:00 PM
holla me drewmang let me know your days off, if not your days on so you can pick me up and we can hassle some young Merc/bmw P plater drivers up my end.

:p

s_vtec
29-12-08, 10:20 PM
New rims looks AWESOME on the car and I love how your car looks now :), Makes me miss my rx8 :(

ATMOSR
30-12-08, 04:20 PM
Damn! RE30+SE3P=Awesome!

Andy Wana
30-12-08, 04:58 PM
Drew, I have a spare Bridgestone RE040 lying around at home.
Factory size (225/45/18 I think), will that be of any use to you?

Albino
31-12-08, 05:32 AM
awesome drew
the re30s look a lot better than i thought they would!

NO10VE
31-12-08, 05:57 PM
red and bronze - s3x

step.s
01-01-09, 06:30 PM
hey they came with the car orrite!?

yes I still have them sitting in my carport.

ford falcon anyone?

18 x 7.5 +50

should fit any car :D

how much u willing to sell ur old rims for?

DrewMan
01-01-09, 06:49 PM

pm sent!

Kaotic
01-01-09, 07:12 PM
Free out of jail pass once passed GO:lol:

DrewMan
06-01-09, 08:14 PM
For those of you who wanted side shots

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/1291/img0004yu7.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/1378/img0006jz4.jpg

Wheel is back on and ready to see the wide open road!

felixR
06-01-09, 08:36 PM
damm drew.. hot!!! i love it..

nice change!

philz
06-01-09, 08:42 PM
Nice drew, fitment is great! Thanks for the pics.

wilch
06-01-09, 08:48 PM
3/4 front and rear shots now please.

NOW.

.::F[L]Y::.
06-01-09, 11:03 PM
wow nice new wheels! they really make a big difference to how your car looks!

Andy Wana
07-01-09, 10:17 AM
I have been nursing a semi for weeks now, Drew.
Give us the picture of the wheels on the car already.

evil
07-01-09, 11:46 AM
very noice mr drew...

DrewMan
07-01-09, 12:51 PM
I have been nursing a semi for weeks now, Drew.
Give us the picture of the wheels on the car already.

lol andy theres a pic (http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showpost.php?p=370097&postcount=168) already!

sleepy
07-01-09, 02:25 PM
car looks mean.

Kustom
20-04-11, 10:12 PM
Hey mate,
New rims look sick!

Sweet job. Love the mazdaspeed kit too

anth
21-04-11, 10:05 AM
only 2yrs late :P