PDA

View Full Version : Rob E's NA6CE MX-5

Mr Happ
24-08-07, 08:39 PM
Gday Folks, thought it was time to post up some shots and a bit of a story about the evolution of the Moneypit....(inherited the name from the previous owner after he had dumped quite a bit of cash into it.......and the name has stuck :twisted: )

I bought the car with a HKS Turbo kit, Konis & Eibachs and ALT wheels...it used to look like this (only mods at this stage were removed soft top and fitted the early hard top - no demister type, and removed chrome style bar and centre caps )

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9265/robsphotos010ru61yb6.jpg

Having previously owned a 160rwkw NA8 Clubman i had intended initially to keep on the turbo path, however after a few months i decided to give the turbo the flick and build up a Naturally Aspirated 1.6, in the JDM Roadster style but without compromising its weekend track ability. Having previously owned a light tune NA6 i really wanted to go back to the simple pleasures of the MX-5 that i found were lost with a big power turbo set up.

So i started on modding the car, just basic stuff.....changed wheels, removed window tint, mud guards etc. At the time the car looked like this

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3741/p1000363en51nz3.jpg

Then i started getting quite serious, buying up shed loads of parts and giving the credit cards and my mrs patience a real work out ! Along the way i've changed my mind heaps of times, and being a impulsive bloke this means i bought things i have subsequently decided i didnt want, and then had to sell :oops: Here is is as of 26 AUG 08

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1892/p1000450ed5.jpg

Its pretty much done now, aside for finalising wheel choice (i will go for a light racer type wheel rather than an old school dish rim - well thats what i think now anyway :P ), need to decide on some race seats and the car will get IRTBs in the end.

here is the current spec list UPDATED 7/10/07

Engine / Driveline

Wolf V500 ECU
Maruha Motors F-Cams
Maruha Motors Adjustable Cam gears
Maruha Motors High Pressure rad cap
Custom Mania intake, AFM removed
Racing Beat 4-1 Header
2.25 inch SS Mandrel system, enlarged flanges on cat
JDM Billet Steel Flywheel (4kg)
1.8 Exedy Clutch
4.44 Final Drive
Type 1 Torsen LSD

Suspension

Tein Basic Coilovers (7KG/5KG) Corner weighted.
Mazda NB shock Mounts
Racing Beat Hollow front sway bar

Chassis

Mazdaspeed Shock tower brace
Brown Davis rollbar NB Type (CAMS approved)
Cusco Type 2 Lower Arm bar
Cannon rear sub frame brace
OEM NA6 Hardtop, soft top removed

Brakes

1.8 Brake upgrade
Hawk HP+ Pads
SS brake lines
XS-Speed master cylinder brace

Wheels

Work Nezart 15x7 +35
Michelin Pilot Sport 195/50/15

Exterior

OEM front lip spoiler
S800 Side mirrors
Clear side markers / indicators
Cusco offset front number plate stay

Interior

JJR Circuit seats
Momo Prototipo steering wheel
SP Type gear knob
Short Shift kit
Aircon and PS

EGG80X
24-08-07, 08:43 PM
top stuff mate, I saw your car getting tuned at mania last week

DrewMan
24-08-07, 09:00 PM
wow youre the first ive ever heard of getting RID of a turbo hahahah

You've got some balls doing that (and a good credit card...)

Mr Happ
24-08-07, 09:11 PM
top stuff mate, I saw your car getting tuned at mania last week

Thanks mate.

@ DrewMan : yep, perhaps a bit unusual....certainly would never have considered it when i was younger...but meh, i've done the big hp thing and i'd prefer to be the battler underdog.....thats why i've kept the 1.6 :lol:

Deviliss
24-08-07, 09:12 PM
very nice ride mate, soo clean!!

Babalouie
24-08-07, 09:45 PM
Very nice mate....take heed Roadster fans, this is how it's done!

How's the Maruha cams, Rob?

felixR
24-08-07, 09:46 PM
clean MX5! :)

Mr Happ
24-08-07, 09:52 PM
Very nice mate....take heed Roadster fans, this is how it's done!

How's the Maruha cams, Rob?

Thanks Kev, means a lot coming from the JDM Roadster king himself :mrgreen:

the car is still in the shop unfortunately, hence cant get more shots. Initial indications for the F-cams are positive however......for some reason the Megasquirt didnt seem to like them, however with base map on the new Wolf loaded and 2-3 minutes tuning has picked up 7 rwkw already, without yet playing with the cam timing.Will know outcome tomorrow :cool:

Dave R
24-08-07, 09:57 PM
awesome car man!

gota love that mania CAI !!!

my dad loved it so much he made it that he kept it even with the turbo setup :)

Babalouie
24-08-07, 10:22 PM
Thanks Kev, means a lot coming from the JDM Roadster king himself :mrgreen:

the car is still in the shop unfortunately, hence cant get more shots. Initial indications for the F-cams are positive however......for some reason the Megasquirt didnt seem to like them, however with base map on the new Wolf loaded and 2-3 minutes tuning has picked up 7 rwkw already, without yet playing with the cam timing.Will know outcome tomorrow :cool:

I picked up 8kw from the Tomeis so that certainly sounds about right :)

nath
24-08-07, 10:29 PM
Looks good Rob!

You're not thinking about Chris Cooper's CE28s are you??

Mr Happ
24-08-07, 10:39 PM
Looks good Rob!

You're not thinking about Chris Cooper's CE28s are you??

Thanks mate. Yeah, if the price was right i would be onto them. That said, the IRF RPF1s and Volk RE30 are pretty attractive too :cool:

nath
24-08-07, 10:46 PM
[email protected] RE30s - your wife probably won't be able to tell the difference between the Volks and the old ALTs and wonder why you had to buy new ones!

My vote is for bronze CE28s or gunmetal RPF1s.

kula
24-08-07, 11:06 PM
awesome car..
whered u get the maruha bits from?
i met the main man and hes a really really nice guy..
hes given me a crazy deal on some IRTBs as well :(

Mr Happ
24-08-07, 11:06 PM
@ nath

Yeah, i'll just pretend they arent new wheels and that will keep me out of trouble :lol:

Both of the Volks i would go in bronze, 15x7 +28. RPF1s are not available in gun metal in 15 inch. Regarding RPF1 colours Gold and F1 Silver is available in 14x7 +19.5 from one supplier in Japan, or in F1 Silver 15x7 +35 which is readily available.

Ideally i would Like RPF1 in 15x7 +25 but thats not gonna happen! :twisted:

Mr Happ
24-08-07, 11:15 PM
awesome car..
whered u get the maruha bits from?
i met the main man and hes a really really nice guy..
hes given me a crazy deal on some IRTBs as well :(

I went to Saiji @ Maruha Japan directly. Top bloke. I was quite lucky to get these cams, as they no longer do billets for the B6 and only do regrinds on exchange for the B6. He did me a big favour and sourced some cams for me, a one off apparently and then reground them. Saiji tells as they dont do the billets anymore that the B6 F-cams are JDM only and not for export.

I would ideally like to go Maruha IRTBs in the future, so if you have a crazy deal you are a lucky bastard.....i havent asked him about those yet, but i've seen the prices in road&ster.

PS. Mark - will have those spacers tomorrow arvo.

Babalouie
24-08-07, 11:20 PM
I think Jolt on Aus-Cartalk has 16x7+25 CE28s for sale...

kula
24-08-07, 11:28 PM
ya.. Saiji is the man..

i asked for BP ITBs, cus if i was building an engine that would be it..
but they only do them for the NA8 head, not the NB one, which is what id like ideally..
unless people can convince me otherwise ;)

Mr Happ
24-08-07, 11:34 PM
@ Babs, thanks for reminding me mate, had forgotten about those. 16's are just too big though IMHO for the NA. 14 or 15 is the go. I've also found a source for
CE28N in 15x7 +22 (specially made for Cockpit Gaikan).

kula
25-08-07, 12:04 AM
nice size.. price em up for me too:)

Mr Happ
25-08-07, 12:14 AM
nice size.. price em up for me too:)

The Cockpit-Gaikan specials are JPY 161K a set plus handling fee and shipping.....bronze only :cool:

Babalouie
25-08-07, 12:17 AM
Ouch....that's not so cheap. Fair bit more exxy than the regular CE28 too. At this point I reckon the gold RPF1 I-Stylings are pretty compelling at the price. Nice drifty 14in size too.

Mr Happ
25-08-07, 12:24 AM
Babs, what have you seen the regular +28s at? Havent looked too hard, but how much better than say 150k a set do you reckon is achievable?

Babalouie
25-08-07, 12:27 AM
From memory....around say Y30 per wheel for CE28 in regular listed sizes for MX5.

Mr Happ
25-08-07, 12:29 AM
Thanks mate

Babalouie
25-08-07, 12:34 AM
Hang on, I forgot all about that other *thing* we were talking about the other day :) I'll get back on it ;)

Mr Happ
25-08-07, 12:42 AM
Hang on, I forgot all about that other *thing* we were talking about the other day :) I'll get back on it ;)

Unbelievable, just sent you a PM on the other forum just now. In short, no big deal mate, i am probably heading down another path.....

deez
25-08-07, 12:53 AM
Awesome car and a good list of mods Rob! It makes me :mrgreen: with envy :)

You and Babs count as my inspiration for JDM roadster tuning ;) Saw the car at Mania a few weeks back as well...looks absolutely great in person.

Mr Happ
25-08-07, 01:07 AM
Thanks Deez appreciate it mate.......its not finished yet so will only get better from here :cool:

Andy Wana
25-08-07, 03:33 AM
Rob E, you have a really nice NA there
Laced with top quality blue ribbon performance aftermarkets as well

It is more than just a clean MX5, people! :)

kula
25-08-07, 10:11 AM
yeah im sure the TE37 TAs i saw in crystal in jan were like $1000 for the set.. :(

Tom
25-08-07, 01:13 PM
Wow... thats awesome, damn you guys and your contacts in Japan for uber parts...
im with deez... sooo jealous.

I saw those I-Styling RPF1s on a car in hyper-rev, i think im in love, but i assumed they were a custom job i couldn't find info anywhere, seems i didnt look hard enough and now i just bought some TE37s 14x6.5 +15 damnit!

Keep up the good work your an inspiration to MX5 owners everywhere!

Daniel - SoAsianDVD
25-08-07, 07:30 PM
You have an awesome MX-5 Rob. I'm super envious of all you MX-5 owners! I'll be back, next year possibly!!

Mr Happ
26-08-07, 05:37 PM
Ok folks, update and photos.

Picked up the car yesterday, and the first surprise is the idle. Its real lumpy even at 1200rpm. The thing is, these cams are supposed to be fairly mild.....Babs, do you have a pronouced lumpy idle on your Tomeis?

Well, not that i am complaining mind you, it certainly has a heap of "character".......sounds like an old school fast 4! :lol: Thing is its not properly tuned though, some more work will need to be done here. The WOLF V500 has so many load points will take some time to get it smoothed out.

With no AFM or MAF the sound through the Mania CAI is extreme too.....not the deep roar you normally get, this sounds like a sports bike revving right in your ear, and at about the same volume! :lol: The shorter diff ratio and light flywheel are quite noticeable too.

The new brake set up is working really well, has heaps of stopping power however the neg camber on the fronts means that there is not all that much rubber for stopping so there is more importance on modulating pedal pressure.

When looking at the car today i realised the current wheels are starting to grow on me.......so may well leave them be for a while. Seats will be next - once the Wolf is properly tuned.

Took some topless shots quickly this arvo, most didnt come out too good because of the sun, apologies for the lack of photography skills, i aint no Kula :mrgreen:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1892/p1000450ed5.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5792/p1000457xh8.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9225/p1000443za6.jpg

Babalouie
26-08-07, 06:33 PM
Actually, the idle I get with the Tomeis is hardly any different to the stock cams, and it idles perfectly stable at 800rpm.

I reckon that it's probably in the tuning, what timing did they set on the cams? If they set it up with lots of overlap then possibly that's what you're feeling...and how many ponies did she chuck out? :)

deez
26-08-07, 07:26 PM
Car looks really sweet Rob! I agree the wheels do look good with the car, especially seen in person. Good choice on keeping them :cool: I'm still not yet done drooling over the engine shot....

I notice a lot of guys have debadged their cars to give it a cleaner/sleeker look. I really want to get rid of my front badge because for one, it's not even Eunos :!: and I wouldn't really mind for it to be the eternal flame Mazda badge but the previous owner put on a new skool "M" one :evil:

Is this easy DIY? And if so is there any difference between JDM imports and Aussie delivered models in that there is no "pins" or stubs of any sort behind the badge?

kula
26-08-07, 07:54 PM
lookin good!

Andy Wana
27-08-07, 12:33 AM
Deez, I had the eternal flame logo on my NA8's bonnet
There are no pin holes behind it, so I took it off ... but that's the least of my worries

I would LOVE to have any original MX5 logos as opposed to my freakin' GOLD plated badges at the rear end
They are really not cool and I can't see a way to remove them without leaving lots of sticky gunk on the paintwork

nath
27-08-07, 12:40 AM
The gunk can come off Andy. Just use a bit of heat and some elbow grease. I got badged while parked at the station a little while ago and they left the gunk behind on the panel - the position of this badge was wrong so I took this opportunity to get a new badge and put it in the right position. You can't notice the badge was ever in the wrong spot (except for two small screw driver marks from the tool who took my badge)....

Oh and Rob, freaking sweet mate. Can't wait to check this out in person on Fri night!

Mr Happ
27-08-07, 08:09 AM
Actually, the idle I get with the Tomeis is hardly any different to the stock cams, and it idles perfectly stable at 800rpm.

I reckon that it's probably in the tuning, what timing did they set on the cams? If they set it up with lots of overlap then possibly that's what you're feeling...and how many ponies did she chuck out? :)

Ok, we have a problem then.......apparently there are set at 110 deg however i have a feeling that there might have been some fark up when installing the cam gears......or alternatively, Maruha have given me the "High" cams instead of "F" cams. Either way its very lumpy. As for power it went in with 70rwkw and came out with 80. I was expecting somewhere around 85 on that dyno, bearing in mind ECU and intake were done at the same time, so the result is lower than expected. I am confident once its properly tuned (hence thread in Work shop) and we work out what has gone on it will make the numbers. Either way, some lessons have been learned here! ;)

Babalouie
27-08-07, 11:08 AM
Mind you....My Tomeis are in an engine that is controlled by an air flow meter. Your motor is (I presume) now map-sensed and I reckon that at low vacuum levels and idle rpm, manifold vacuum might not be as "good" as a afm at giving a good, stable signal.

Ironically, the best solution for stable idle with big cams is actually your old flap door AFM. The restriction "damps" the unsteady manifold vacuum, and you get nice steady idle.

GTking
27-08-07, 12:13 PM
NICE car
i especially like your Rims
Dish ftw!

Mr Happ
27-08-07, 05:28 PM
Mind you....My Tomeis are in an engine that is controlled by an air flow meter. Your motor is (I presume) now map-sensed and I reckon that at low vacuum levels and idle rpm, manifold vacuum might not be as "good" as a afm at giving a good, stable signal.

Ironically, the best solution for stable idle with big cams is actually your old flap door AFM. The restriction "damps" the unsteady manifold vacuum, and you get nice steady idle.

Thats right Babs, running on MAP. Im going to try and get in retuned next week, will see how we go.

Philip Lee
27-08-07, 09:48 PM
Hey Rob....how would the blue hose leading from the CAI into the side of the rocker cover work? What are the benefits? Sorry if this is a silly question :P

this is a silly question indeed.

go take a look at your engine and come back hahahahhahahahaha

deez
27-08-07, 10:06 PM
this is a silly question indeed.

go take a look at your engine and come back hahahahhahahahaha

Just did :lol:

Got my answer

Slaps self on face

Mr Happ
07-10-07, 12:19 PM
Ok, quick update:

Was able to give the car its first spirited run this morning after sorting out some teething problems. The development period of the car has been a long one, since buying the car last december its been 10 months and more than $10k (ouch!) in the making. Anyway, i can tell you it was great fun being able to take the car for a run, 98% sorted.

The ECU has been retuned courtesy of Danfast/C&V and it is going a lot better.....no more fouling plugs and rough running. With the short diff ratio, lightened fly and cams/ecu it really flys in the 5000-7000rpm range...the sound at WOT is fantastic. Took the car for a spin through the Natio this morning and i was very happy with the car.... surprised a few sports bike riders :cool:

Handling is excellent, very neutral and responsive. Grip levels are high and with all the bracing, Hardtop and Brown Davis bar the chassis is very tight and stiff...overall chassis / handling is another level above my two previous modified Mx5s...certainly a lot more potential than can be exploited on the road.

The JJR circuit seats are in and importantly i've gained probably another 2cm of headroom. Very happy with these for the money. The brakes are very solid too.

Only a little sorting is required now, some ECU fiddling and playing with alignment.

Took a shot on the way home

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6592/p1000502eh4.jpg

RaYmO
07-10-07, 04:10 PM
Did you do some doughnuts before taking that pic Rob?

(photographic evidence of tyre tracks in your pic :D )

Mr Happ
07-10-07, 04:21 PM
Did you do some doughnuts before taking that pic Rob?

(photographic evidence of tyre tracks in your pic :D )

Ha ha.....yeah i noticed that :lol: I expect they are from something more hektic than an MX5 :P

deez
08-10-07, 12:15 AM
Good to hear its running nice Rob :) Any dyno sheets?

Mr Happ
08-10-07, 09:09 AM
Deez, have one somewhere. Its making 80rwkw on C&V dyno. Initial reading pre ECU/CAMS on Mania dyno was 70rwkw, and the Mania dyno is known to read a little high.

Mr Happ
05-11-07, 05:02 PM
Update :

Moneypit had its first track day yesterday at Wakefield with the MX5 club. She performed brilliantly :cool:

I havent been down to WP for about 4 years or so and started slowly, first runs were 1.22 - 1.24s ....finished with a bunch of 1.19 lows (street tyres) which i am happy with seeing as this is the first real shakedown the car has had.. Not a bad start for a 18 year old 1.6 in full road trim (inc aircon/ps) and a measly 80rwkw (and i am an ordinary steerer!)

There will be some more tweaking of the alignment and also ECU tune, goal is 1.17 high on street tyres.

Now im hoping someone got some pics..........

Babalouie
05-11-07, 05:36 PM
Great! So it's all running sweet, Rob?

kula
05-11-07, 06:10 PM
do you have an LSD?

Babalouie
05-11-07, 06:21 PM
do you have an LSD?

And if not why not

StanTheMan
05-11-07, 06:24 PM
he..... should have I put it in for the previous owner. :lol:

Mr Happ
05-11-07, 10:18 PM
Great! So it's all running sweet, Rob?

Well not quite 100% yet......almost there. It no longer fouls the plugs and runs a lot smoother....so the major issues have now been sorted. There are still some lumps between 2000-4000rpm however not an issue on the track. Will get those sorted when i have time.

Kula, yes - a type 1 torsen.......came with 4.1 ratio which i have changed to 4.44.

kula
05-11-07, 10:50 PM
cool.. wot tyres were they?

Mr Happ
05-11-07, 11:13 PM
Michelin Pilot Preceda 195/50/15 32psi all round

Mr Happ
02-12-07, 09:37 PM
Ok, car is now for sale as i have to do some rationalisation.... $15,900

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?t=6109&referrerid=1765

Mr Happ
17-09-09, 10:15 AM
ok im back.......we can afford a toy to keep in the garage now, seeing we have a 3car garage and only 2 cars :cool:

So im now starting to look around an NAs..........this morning i ordered a set of these :

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/4391/rpf1u.jpg (http://img44.imageshack.us/i/rpf1u.jpg/)

14x7 +19

i always wanted some of these bad boys and thought i may as well grab them while i can.......then i will just find a car to suit in coming months.

JDM-mk
17-09-09, 10:19 AM
ohhhhhh shittttt !!!! this is some goood news :)

where did you get the rpf1's from ? , i thought only one shop in japan made these ?

Mr Happ
17-09-09, 10:28 AM
Goodwin Racing in the states did a special order, i think i might have grabbed the last set.

Yes, they are available from I-STYLING in Japan........Japanparts.com can get them but they are a bit more expensive.

Justin Fox
17-09-09, 11:02 AM
Hahah buying mods for a car before owning it? Love it.

StanTheMan
17-09-09, 01:11 PM
I hope there is not going to be any tears.

but then the rest of us will probably benefit as there will be parts to offload.

whats your plan with engine mods?

ATMOSR
17-09-09, 01:16 PM
I love the fact that you have bought a set of sweet rims before even aquiring the next MX5! Just Awesome.

Mr Happ
17-09-09, 01:27 PM
I hope there is not going to be any tears.

but then the rest of us will probably benefit as there will be parts to offload.

whats your plan with engine mods?

tears? what you talkin bout :neutral:

no engine mods planned.....just bolt ons. Got burned bad last time when i let mania take the cam cover off :lol:

I love the fact that you have bought a set of sweet rims before even aquiring the next MX5! Just Awesome.

saw the opportunity and took it!

mitch_f1
17-09-09, 02:00 PM
really what happened at mania?

amazing wheels by the way

Mr Happ
17-09-09, 02:25 PM
Mitch.....in short

1. Install cams.......tried to tune megasquirt......couldnt. Blamed ECU / cam combo
2. said i'd need to go with Wolf V500 which they would be able to make work.
3. bough Wolf V500, couldnt tune properly (poor idle, fouling plugs) took it back a number of times they still couldnt sort it. Said the cams were the problem, Maruha must have sent the wrong ones.....i didnt really beleive that.

In the end was diagnosed correctly by another mechanic.....short nosed crank, worn keyway (which Mania had loctite repaired for previous owner)

Full rebuild done by new owner including the Maruha cams and now she purrs like a kitten.

I was a long standing Mania customer and whilst they are nice folks, i wouldnt allow them to do anything more than bolt ons.

Szemen
17-09-09, 04:29 PM
+19 offset...Sounds like its gonna be some nice fitment =D

Going back to Chaste White? Looking for an NA6 or 8?

Mr Happ
17-09-09, 04:41 PM
NA8 with PS would be nice.......open with regards to colour at this stage.

philz
17-09-09, 05:14 PM
Love it mate That enkei fitment is perfect.

Good to see you grabbed the last set.

None of this convex Rpf1 :)

Run-It-Hard
17-09-09, 05:36 PM
RPF1 *drool*

goodluck in your search for your 5, looking forward to see the outcome of the build.

CoffeeBoss
17-09-09, 06:50 PM
Hahah buying mods for a car before owning it? Love it.

This guy is more true than most of us here, taught me much of what i know.

This is the best news I've heard all week Rob. The pull of the Roadster is simply too great for some of us :D

Awesomeness.

I have to introduce you to Indy one of these days.

None of this convex Rpf1 :)

Quiet you! :lol:

Mr Happ
17-09-09, 08:21 PM
philz is onto it.......flat facing is the only way to roll :P

matt, stop it.....im getting all moist. Keep your eyes out for a clean NA for me :cool:

i've got some more NA6/8 neutral shopping to do.

Mr Happ
28-12-09, 07:47 AM
i've found the new beast........pity that its unlikely that the RPF1s will clear the brakes :twisted:

EGG80X
28-12-09, 08:36 AM
i've found the new beast........pity that its unlikely that the RPF1s will clear the brakes :twisted:

guessing by the sound of it, you brought Daz clubman??

Taz_
28-12-09, 08:48 AM
Welcome back to the fast hairdresser club!

Can't wait to see the new beast.

Mr Happ
28-12-09, 09:18 AM
Kelv, yep should be a fun road trip home......just need to watch those double demerits :mrgreen:

Thanks Taz :cool:

philz
28-12-09, 10:06 AM
I had a feeling it would be you, Happ.

Good to see you are back, Daz has made an awesome package.

Let me know if you are parting with those tasty enkeis ;)

Run-It-Hard
28-12-09, 10:16 AM
Wow! Congrats Rob!

I bet it would be insanely fun to drive, Daz really created an execellent example that I could only assume that it would absolutely love attacking the corners!

danga
28-12-09, 10:19 AM
oooh nice... :D

Mr Happ
28-12-09, 10:56 AM
I had a feeling it would be you, Happ.

Good to see you are back, Daz has made an awesome package.

Let me know if you are parting with those tasty enkeis ;)

hey philz, its possible that the RPF1s may be for sale...however given their rarity they are an appreciating asset now so i might hold on to them :lol:
every now and then i go to the attic and get one out and admire it.....3.9kgs!

Wow! Congrats Rob!

I bet it would be insanely fun to drive, Daz really created an execellent example that I could only assume that it would absolutely love attacking the corners!

yep looks good. I owned a similar AVO/T28 equipped Clubman back in the day, they are a great package and im looking forward to working with the very high base Daz has set !

EGG80X
28-12-09, 11:18 AM
nice one Rob, awwww damn it I want another mx5 too

Babalouie
28-12-09, 11:26 AM
Welcome back into the fold mate! Shit, now I want an MX5 too :lol:

Mr Happ
28-12-09, 11:37 AM
Haha it's like that...I've been looking for a while now, coffeeboss had an eye out for me too lol. I'm happy now that I am in a position where I have somewhere to store a 3rd car and an understanding wife :D

I've already been parts shopping in the uk and japan this morning.

scud
28-12-09, 12:03 PM
first dibs on rpf1s :P :lol:

congrats on the purchase rob!

Jeo
28-12-09, 12:41 PM
Congrats man, looks like a awesome car.

Without trying to sound like a vulture, also keen on those RPF1s ;)

Mr Happ
28-12-09, 01:06 PM
well, you can pick up the RPF1s from I-Styling for Y 38,400 a wheel..plus freight/gst/duty ;)

evil_weevil
28-12-09, 04:02 PM
Congrats mate!
good stuff - see you at the track with it?

Mr Happ
28-12-09, 04:24 PM
good stuff - see you at the track with it?

absolutely. my wife is a frustrated hoon, she is on to me already about booking her in for a track day asap.

I'll start a new thread and get some photos up on the weekend....we have a big road trip home on the coast road.

evil_weevil
28-12-09, 08:48 PM
Good to hear!
well when you and the mrs book a track day, let me know cause my mrs is keen to get out there, she has done one day at MDTC and now wants to do wakefield and EC! the bug has bitten her heheh

rodent
28-12-09, 09:28 PM
Congrats Rob! Can't wait to see what's next for the Clubman :)

Mr Happ
28-12-09, 10:55 PM
Good to hear!
well when you and the mrs book a track day, let me know cause my mrs is keen to get out there, she has done one day at MDTC and now wants to do wakefield and EC! the bug has bitten her heheh

will do mate, i'd say feb at this stage would be the earliest :cool:

Congrats Rob! Can't wait to see what's next for the Clubman :)

thanks :cool: i have a few ideas but its early days. lets just say its safe from getting a sub in the boot and 20' dolces :lol:

Mr Happ
31-12-09, 05:21 PM
Big day yesterday, flew to MEL early and Daz picked us up (great bloke) Car was exactly as expected....drove 900klms to Just north of Milton Nsw and she's now resting in the garage. Performed faultlessly. Awesome
drive on the princess highway ... From Lakes Entrance Vic to Narooma Nsw (I felt a bit like coffeeboss on one his trips but alas lacking a Dslr I couldn't be bothered with Phone shots) was a great drive. Id say the car is 80% to where I want it and it's in great shape. New thread soon.

Run-It-Hard
31-12-09, 05:47 PM
Awsome!

Good work dude, keen to see this in the flesh one day :)

Babalouie
31-12-09, 06:19 PM
Rob, I think we can change your thread title now...what would you like it to be :D

rodent
31-12-09, 07:19 PM
May I suggest "Sweep the leg Johnny! Happ's NA8 Clubman"

Mr Happ
31-12-09, 07:25 PM
Add refer page 4 and we have a winner :)

Brendan
31-12-09, 07:38 PM
you bought D-Mag's Mex! that care is farking awesome if i had of known he was selling it it would be in my driveway now :P

CoffeeBoss
04-01-10, 01:08 PM
Haha, i love it Rob. You and MX5's, it's like gravity.

We definitely need to catch up. I was driving past your old place on the weekend (after a Natio run). Every time I drive through there, I recall that day you took me for a spin in your old turbo Clubman. Still one of the quickest road cars I've ever been in. I mean, NA's feel fast anyway, but with a turbo on them, WOOSHKA!

Mr Happ
04-01-10, 01:36 PM
yeah, that one was quick.......this one isnt that fast.......YET :lol:

heres the new thread mate :

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?t=21403

:cool:

END THREAD.