PDA

View Full Version : 1991 ef8 sir... Tnez motorsports (demo)

06-09-07, 06:49 PM
i swear i posted up pics somewhere on here but nope... i guess not. i dont have too much moolah to burn so i was basic and kept it simple... i love this car cause its almost as old as me, it smokes newer turbos and some V8's...plus its reliable!
not to mention im in the states so this is a true diamond in the rough... its ALL original and OEM, as far as the body, engine and interior. of course i kept close to to its roots, so there are many honda access, Spoon, Mugen and Cusco parts.

here's the SiR I'm building; it's pretty kool i guess, if you like these little cars.... took me a while to find one and even longer to save for one but thats all in the past now. I got it in pretty rough condition; no accessories or mods, besides a rusted and holey yokohama bay side sports exhaust that was beat the fu*k up, half an access window visor and some JDM garbage(newspaper, wrappers and coins) throughout the car... I took off the bumpers, doors and replaced a fender then removed the interior, to inspect everything and make sure it was clean and safe... it is an 18 year old car.

ENGINE... i bought it with the original B16a @ around 8x,xxx KM's along with the numbers-matching short gear ratio Y1 transmission. Of course, I gave it a basic tune-up and flushed everything, including the tranny after inspecting the bay thoroughly. the following is how the car currently sits; I also have a JDM ITR B18c block, ITR P73 intake manifold, ITR throttle body and a few other nic-nacs being prepped for install. as of now though:

*spoon sports pr3 ecu
*spoon sports vc-3e vtec controller
*spoon sports 2-ply metal head gasket
*spoon sports type-f rad. cap
*ctr pistons
*ctr in./ex. camshafts
*ctr dual valve springs
*ngk plugs
*ngk wires
*hks drop in filter
*cusco oil catch can
*mugen/jasma 4-1 extractor
*straight/test pipe
*tanabe super medallion N1 cat-back exhaust
*oem L.S.D.

SUSPENSION...

*tokico blue struts
*eibach sportline springs
*cusco upper front strut bar
*cusco upper rear strut bar
*cusco lower front tie bar
*cusco lower rear tie bar
*itr sway bar
*sprinthart cp 14x6

EXTRAS...

*honda access stanley fog lamps
*honda access power folding mirrors
*honda access power windows
*honda access floor mats
*honda access window visors
*honda access super sound bass tubes
*honda access mudd flaps
*honda access emergency road-side flare
*honda access takata seatbelt journey
*honda access non-slip dash mat
*honda access non-slip trunk mat
*honda access center armrest
*mugen plate studs
*mugen resevoir covers (spoon pictured)
*CTR oil cap
*CTR shift boot
*OEM CR-X antenna block off plate
*OEM CR-X cyber sun visors
*spoon sports duracon shift knob

...HONDA BABY!!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/joshuatnez/front.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/joshuatnez/ef8sir2.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/joshuatnez/b16bay2.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/joshuatnez/jasmamugen.jpg

Deviliss
06-09-07, 07:45 PM
that hot! kept very nicely mate!

OVTEC
07-09-07, 12:40 AM
o0o0o thats very nice, wat rims you got for it and what exhaust do u have coz im looking to upgrade my exhaust soon

07-09-07, 06:01 AM
o0o0o thats very nice, wat rims you got for it and what exhaust do u have coz im looking to upgrade my exhaust soon
I have the mugen/jasma 4-1 extractor with the tanabe super medallion exhaust... i want to find the mugen exhaust tho... PAIN IN THE ASS to find here!!!

this is one of the few cars that honda actually sat down and thought about... thats probably why I saved up and imported this rather than dropping the money down on an s2k or something else... these things can sell for up to 10k over here, i got lucky with finding one in the first place and then at such a low dollar!

..thanks for the appreciation...most people laugh at me here in the states... but then, when they pull up at the next light and im sittin there waiting for another run, they almost look sad... ...gotta LOVE IT :)

11-09-08, 11:23 AM
I'm selling some parts... check Honda-Tech or feel free to message me here. shipping is available :)

s2ky_
11-09-08, 11:35 AM
o snap.. thats pretty hawt!

milkman
11-09-08, 11:54 AM
Nice and clean CRX. Get some AutoSol on those Mugen headers. :D

NuGeN
11-09-08, 12:14 PM
Out of curiosity, do these cars come with a cable clutch or a hydraulic clutch ?

gimic
11-09-08, 12:15 PM
I think i'm going to cry.

Dude, absolutely awesome. Nice work.

edit: ^^Cable

OVTEC
11-09-08, 12:32 PM
pretty sure cable

ATMOSR
11-09-08, 02:55 PM
tidy CRX dude! Got any pics with the CP's?

OVTEC
11-09-08, 08:11 PM
PM SENT ABOUT PARTS FOR SALE!

HwyStar
11-09-08, 08:25 PM
...what do mean by most people laugh at me here in the states ??
As far as I can tell (from reading US websites) clean crx's are kept in very high regard.

STTICH
11-09-08, 08:29 PM
oh my, crazily tidy, nice ! :)

dc2rrrr
12-09-08, 11:05 AM
Sensational

SINISTR
12-09-08, 12:50 PM
Very NICE!!!! good job!!

touge crx
12-09-08, 06:11 PM
cleanest crx ive ever seen! keep us updated.

panda[cRx]
12-09-08, 07:42 PM
very nice but wouldnt itr cams/pistons be better for the b18c/b16a combo?

i'd be very interested in seeing pics of these items as they are not available in aust

*honda access power folding mirrors
*honda access floor mats
*honda access window visors
*honda access super sound bass tubes
*honda access takata seatbelt journey
*honda access non-slip dash mat
*honda access non-slip trunk mat
*honda access center armrest
*mugen plate studs
*OEM CR-X cyber sun visors

did u get the honda access gear from honda usa or did u import it?

17-09-08, 05:49 PM
;313414']very nice but wouldnt itr cams/pistons be better for the b18c/b16a combo?

i'd be very interested in seeing pics of these items as they are not available in aust

did u get the honda access gear from honda usa or did u import it?

the clutches on these are cable b series, pretty hard to find them nowadays... usually people do the cable2hydro conversion and use the newer tranny.

when i swap the b16a w/ b16b piston bottom end for the b18c block, I will also be using the b18c pistons. I just through in b16b pistons when I couldnt afford the ITR motor...

what I meant about "people laugh" is that a few of the cars I have ran on, didnt expect to get smoked. I havnt raced in a while though, Ive been trying to save for a repsol.

about the Honda access parts, i've gotten some from the guys I bought my car from (N1 Concepts) here in the bay and a few from Ebay, etc.. I willl try to get some pics up of all the parts later.

thanks for all the kind words.

17-09-08, 06:02 PM
tidy CRX dude! Got any pics with the CP's?

oh yeah.. the guy that sold me the rims didnt mention that one was bent so I need to find one more before my next little photoshoot.

.:DC2R:.
17-09-08, 06:40 PM
Shit is tight man!

18-09-08, 12:43 PM
Shit is tight man!

Thanks!

I will be stripping the car and re-spraying it, in and out (OEM color: cherry black pearl) soon... so I will be sure to post up pics of the rebuild!! :)

21-10-08, 06:54 PM
with a "spoon fender" ;p my original one was wrinkled/rusted...

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/joshuatnez/whatever044.jpg

mrkrooz
21-10-08, 08:36 PM
so clean well done :thumbsup: :)