PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 2000-2 RX-7 series 8

NinjaDust77
21-09-07, 04:29 PM
iv been hunting for an RX-7 series 8 for about 2months now...

im looking to find an RX-7 series 8, needs to be one of the later models (2000 onwards), pref in Black or the Gunmetal (Titanium) Grey. also needs to be a Type R, RS or the Spirit R

If anyone knows of one that they have seen or know of someone selling, pls send me an email.

Thanks.

Andy Wana
21-09-07, 04:59 PM
Tried carsales yet?

NinjaDust77
21-09-07, 05:06 PM
yeah i have...
carsales, car point, unique and trading post.....

most of the ones for sale tend to be type RB...
im after the higher spec models.

arron
22-09-07, 01:00 AM
You might want to know that 'gunmetal grey' is a limited edition paint, only on the Spirit R...

Yeah, it's going to hard to find Type Rs or RS' in Sydney.. but I'd still wait for them, rather than get any RB...

NinjaDust77
24-09-07, 11:56 AM
yeah i know what u mean.... there aint many on sale...
the Spirit Rs iv seen have only come in the gunmetal grey... iv only ever found 2, a type A and a Type B... pretty hot looking cars!

arron
24-09-07, 01:57 PM
If you ever get the Spirit Rs, then get the type A... the type B miss out on too many extras!

NinjaDust77
24-09-07, 02:32 PM
If you ever get the Spirit Rs, then get the type A... the type B miss out on too many extras!

what extras would that be?... i just thought it was just the interior changes between the Type A and Type B, ie/ Type A gets the fixed RECARO buckets (2 seater only) and the type B gets the normal interior (4 seater) but with the red leather factory seats and they all get the white faced dials? while the Type C is basically the Type B but with auto?

Anchor
24-09-07, 04:23 PM
How much are you willing to spend?

NinjaDust77
24-09-07, 07:10 PM
max $40k

NinjaDust77
24-09-07, 07:12 PM
there is one i found in the auto trader but the dudes never answer my email or call me back...

its a spirit r type b

FRpilot
24-09-07, 08:21 PM

no.
dont stress, the only difference btw a and b are the bucket seats

Anchor
25-09-07, 10:51 AM
But here is a link to a 2002 Bathurst Type R Limited Edition (http://www.japaneseautocentre.com.au/zoom.php?id=55#) from the same place we got ours.

It is currently listed for $43999, has aftermarket suspension and pods, for cash I think you could get it for 40 easily, we got them down a lot on the price by simply trying to leave a few times.

brasher
25-09-07, 11:49 AM
Put something up on Ausrotary, A few S8's have swapped hands there lately.

www.ausrotary.com

Go to Car Trader section

Use the template.

NinjaDust77
25-09-07, 01:37 PM
Well I talked to the misses and I'm not allowed to sell ours.

But here is a link to a 2002 Bathurst Type R Limited Edition (http://www.japaneseautocentre.com.au/zoom.php?id=55#) from the same place we got ours.

It is currently listed for $43999, has aftermarket suspension and pods, for cash I think you could get it for 40 easily, we got them down a lot on the price by simply trying to leave a few times.

yeah iv seen this one.... but i dont like the interior, iv seen better for less, i also saw the other black one they had, but i think someone bought it already

thanks anyways

NinjaDust77
25-09-07, 01:42 PM
no.
dont stress, the only difference btw a and b are the bucket seats

yeah, thats what i thought?....

thanks kei

NinjaDust77
25-09-07, 01:43 PM
Well I talked to the misses and I'm not allowed to sell ours..

do u have any piks of your one?... can i have a geezer?!?!..

Anchor
25-09-07, 02:01 PM
do u have any piks of your one?... can i have a geezer?!?!..

Yes that one is definitely on the expensive side, but there aren't many around at the moment.

There was another car yard, a short drive west of Edward Lees, same road, that had a few as well, they were priced a little better, but I don't remember what it was called.

Ours:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/4483/kylierx705pi4.jpg

NinjaDust77
25-09-07, 03:20 PM
shes a pretty girl aye!!... nice FD Anchor!!... but where are you fog lights?

yeah there was some at E & M unique motors, but there ones are RBs, can u believe they r asking for $43k for an RB!!!! WFT!!!

there is also 3 at the Tokyo Import place further down the road (2x blues and 1x silver, i havent had a good look at them yet, just driven past at night ) and 2 more at Japlink (again iv only driven past it so havent had a good look at them)

Anchor
25-09-07, 03:48 PM
I don't know enough about the FDs, were the fog lights a factory option? If not then they must have been removed at some point back in Japan (we got it pre - compliance) and they weren't on it then.

As for the different spec levels etc, I'm not sure what the differences are really (haven't had this one for more than a few months), but you can definitely find cheaper ones than 43K.

NinjaDust77
25-09-07, 05:39 PM
well heres a break down of the differing specs for the FDS...

i got it from the AUSROTARY site - http://www.ausrotary.com/viewtopic.php?t=44725

'Series 8' is actually two production runs, version V (98-00) and version VI (00-02). They were never available in australian showrooms, and because they officially imported 'series 7' up to 98 - the regulations = no series 8 that were made in 98 or early 99 (IIRC).

Version V

top spec: RS (280ps)

sports spec: R (iirc, 280ps)

base models: RB and RB s-package (optioned up RB)

Version VI

special editions: Spirit-R (a, b and c), RZ (consider these: ultimate spec) (the c is not 280ps)

top spec: RS (280ps)

sports spec: R, R Bathurst R (both 280ps)

base spec: RB, RB s-package

The 280ps cars have significant differences to the others - more power (boost, upgraded turbo, bigger exhaust), better brakes, different suspension setups (differs from model to model), 4.3 diff, and will have all the goodies (such as adjustable spoiler, twin oil coolers, strut brace, better seats, etc). The RZ and spirit-r cars have even more goodies.

All cars *should* have a white sticker in the drivers' side door area, which will list what model it is.

The 2-seaters are the RZ and Spirit-R type-a.

For more detailed info go here: http://www.rx7.net.nz/newrx7.htm

Version 5 99/00(Black gauges, Nardi Steering wheel, twin airbags, engine, computer, turbo, cooling and body refinements over Series7/Version IV)

265PS:
RB (Auto 255PS) Base Model.
RB S-Package Rear spoiler, ZR rated tyres, foglamps, suede seats.

280PS: (abraidable seal turbo)
Type-R 16" wheels, ZR rated tyres, 2 oil coolers, front strut brace, dark tint rear glass, suede seats.
Type-RS Same as Type R except 17" wheels, Bilstein suspension, larger brakes, foglamps, 4.3 diff.

Version 6 01/02 (White gauges-chrome rings, flying M Nardi steering wheel, electronically controlled braking distribution, clutch interlock mechanism, rubber knit fabric. 2002 models also have 16bit ABS computer)

265 PS:
RB (Auto 255ps) Base Model.
RB S-Package Rear spoiler, ZR rated tyres, foglamps, suede seats.

280 PS:(abraidable seal turbo)
Type-R 16" wheels, ZR rated tyres, 2 oil coolers, front strut brace, dark tint rear glass, lux suede seats.
R Bathurst-R 500 Limited edition with decals. Same as Type R with adjustable shocks, carbonfibre gearknob/handbrake/dash surrounds and door pieces. Available in Pure White, Innocent Blue Mica and Sunburst Yellow.
Type-R Bathurst Same as Type R with foglamps, adjustable shocks.
Type-RS Same as Type R except 17" wheels, Bilstein suspension, larger brakes, foglamps, 4.3 diff
Type-RZ 175 Limited edition with decals. Same is type RS except Snow White pearl mica only, red Recaro's (2 seat), red stitch Nardi wheel, gear knob and handbrake, dark grey 17" BBS wheels, driver knee pad & passenger foot brace.

Spirit-R 1500 Same as Type R with 17" BBS wheels, red brake calipers and strut brace, red stitch on wheel, gear knob and hand brake, special soft coating on interior trim, Spirit R badging on body, tacho, and engine bay. In addition to the other shades new colour Titanium Grey Metallic for Spirit only.
Type A Red Recaro's (2 seat), uprated Bilsteins, stainless mesh brake hoses, drilled disks, gunmetal grey BBS's, driver knee pad & passenger foot brace.
Type B Red leather seats, uprated Bilsteins, stainless mesh brake hoses, drilled disks
Type C 255ps auto, red leather seats

Anchor
25-09-07, 06:00 PM
That's awesome information mate! Now I have an idea what people are talking about when they are saying is it this or that and I say "duh, it's a rotor-what?" :mrgreen:

IcemaN
25-09-07, 07:28 PM
i know an importer who gets sprit ra's
he just the one he had though.
pm me and il pm you his details

NinjaDust77
26-09-07, 11:59 AM
i know an importer who gets sprit ra's
he just the one he had though.
pm me and il pm you his details

u have PM

[[d a n n y]]
26-09-07, 01:55 PM
i got a place as well
pm me if u need details

phat_nam
26-09-07, 02:31 PM
had a look at j-spec? they got some type a's commin sometimes

NinjaDust77
26-09-07, 02:43 PM
had a look at j-spec? they got some type a's commin sometimes

yeah but they are in VIC, im in NSW Syd area.... and i dont think they offer any type of warranty longer then 3months? correct me if im wrong

NinjaDust77
26-09-07, 02:53 PM
];113436']i got a place as well
pm me if u need details

u have PM...