PDA

View Full Version : PSP - How do I download, copy, and play?

MR R32
27-10-06, 12:18 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm buying a PSP this afternoon, and obviously I'm going to need some games.

Now games are expensive, so I want to be able to make "backup copies" in case my "originals" are destroyed... Wink wink.

Does anyone have any information on how to downlaod, copy, and play PSP games?

Thanks

Gav
27-10-06, 01:45 AM
Bit of a grey area.

My cousin has one with the software on it to play copied games but if he puts an original in it wipes the software.
They are very,very rare.
It's not really worth it.
As far as I know,if you go out and buy one now there's no chance of doing it because of the firmware version of the PSP.
I think it was only the first ones that could do that.

Don't know if it's the same story in AUS but here in Ireland that's it.

Pre 2.6 firmware versions can have modded GTA:LCS games.
There's a cheatdevice you can download(free) which adds an extra menu to the game.
You can make your own car "setups",spawn cars,have any weapon,add new buildings and tons more things with it.

:)

hebe
27-10-06, 09:19 AM
You will need a PSP that has a v1.5 firmware and AFAIK all v2.6 and below can now be downgraded to 1.5. Well last time I looked, it can be (I've sold my PSP now so don't read up on stuff).

Then you will need a loader that will load the ISO files of the games straight off the memory stick...if I can remember correctly, I used daxZISO or something along those lines which were worked for all games that I wanted to play...mind you, I had around 15GIGS of games and only a 2gig memory stick LOL.

I think they also have mod chips for PSPs now as well...not sure...

But definitely check out http://www.ps2nfo.com/ as it's got all the info you're looking for.

Omawari_San
27-10-06, 10:16 AM
Some time ago there was a modchip released wich allowed you to have to firmeware on your psp. 1.5 would load automaticaly to allow you the use of homebrews and the second firmeware would load if you push a certain button while switching on the psp.

But dont know a website. But you can get them on ebay, I think.

But just get a good used game from ebay for small money. I allways enjoy having original software. You get a manual, a nice box for the shelf etc.

By the way: The initial D game is very nice on the PSP!

MR R32
27-10-06, 11:07 PM
By the way: The initial D game is very nice on the PSP!

Thanks.. I didn't know there was one. Going to have to find a few titles on EBay over the weekend. Thanks guys!

FC3S
28-10-06, 01:04 AM
yea PSP is awesome.
i even connected it in my car to watch videos (yes i'm a cheap ass)

Hens
28-10-06, 02:17 PM
we do not want to get sued.
maybe someone should close the thread.

use google like everyone else 8)