28-10-06, 10:14 AM
That's ridiculous!!!

doofus
28-10-06, 10:54 AM
woah, the black 4wd is gonee!!

those stuff acutally work!! :D

van
28-10-06, 10:57 AM
It's pretty bad really, because you have no idea the posts are there until you've hit them (not including that chick in the silver car, who moved for the bus and then tried to follow the bus through - it should have occured to her that the posts would come back up).

If you're not from the area, or you've simply never used that street before, and you see a bus or other vehicle going through; what are you going to think? I don't imagine the idea that some posts are going to shoot out of the ground is going to be the first thing you think of.

If there were highly visible signs there, then I'd agree the drivers are just ignorant/negligent. But if there's no decent signage, I'd be suing the council.

They should use boom gates. Those are much more visible. And of course, the signage needs to be very clear.

Babalouie
28-10-06, 11:26 AM
It's pretty bad really, because you have no idea the posts are there until you've hit them (not including that chick in the silver car, who moved for the bus and then tried to follow the bus through - it should have occured to her that the posts would come back up).

If you're not from the area, or you've simply never used that street before, and you see a bus or other vehicle going through; what are you going to think? I don't imagine the idea that some posts are going to shoot out of the ground is going to be the first thing you think of.

If there were highly visible signs there, then I'd agree the drivers are just ignorant/negligent. But if there's no decent signage, I'd be suing the council.

They should use boom gates. Those are much more visible. And of course, the signage needs to be very clear.

Judging by how hard the Echo and CRV were gunning it, and how close they were trying to stay to the bus I would say that they knew exactly what they were getting into....they prolly didn't think the poles would come up so fast :)

...and in the 1st few secs the footage shows that there are clearly 2 huge signs with "No Entry" on them :D

Edit....I vaguely recall that there was a 5th Gear crash test done on these poles and they could stop a big truck going at somne ridiculous speed :D

Flawless
28-10-06, 12:54 PM
lol good stuff

[ekkY]
28-10-06, 01:19 PM
that starlet and crv and the van ram the poles pretty hard

Omawari_San
28-10-06, 04:11 PM
Poor child in the black car. Even the airbags deployed.

Bad except that, funny!

BLISTC
29-10-06, 11:38 PM
the dude in that van looks like he wasnt wearing a seatbelt

head smashed right into the windscreen

see the spider crack marks left?

felixR
30-10-06, 12:05 AM
the dude in that van looks like he wasnt wearing a seatbelt

head smashed right into the windscreen

see the spider crack marks left?
yeah.. ouch!

weezer
30-10-06, 07:09 PM
it was actually the airbag that hit the windscreen :)

BLISTC
31-10-06, 12:49 AM
lucky for him then!

fuck those airbags if can crack windscreens imagine what they do to peoples heads if collected at the wrong time

shonen
31-10-06, 01:18 AM
sure it was the airbag ???

It does look like he hit his head..cause he comes out of the car rubbing his head.... plus the crack is way too high to be the airbag I reckon..

VTECMACHINE
31-10-06, 02:43 AM
Lol.. that's hilarious!