PDA

View Full Version : SPL suspension arms

bluesprinter
26-06-13, 04:03 PM
Anyone has or knows the weight of the SPL suspension arms? referring to Nissan Silvias in general.

Whats the weight of one suspension arm, example rear toe arm compared to stock and also to other branded aftermarket arms?

never held one in person so would like opinions or real weight data if possible.

SPL claim these are light weight so im keen to find out just how light

Trying to save weight in my suspension components if you must know.
I have used other brands in previous cars and even though they are a strong unit, they're heavy as fuck which i don't want again

saad
26-06-13, 04:17 PM
I would sned SPL an email to be sure 100%. The camber arms are titanium, so should be pretty fuckin light

type-x
26-06-13, 04:56 PM
Going in the right direction! Give Jdm obsession a buzz I'm sure he knows.

I have the rear set of arms, these and cazman are good bang for buck.

JDM Obsession
26-06-13, 07:02 PM
Here is the information you need:

Tension Rods (PAIR) - 1.97 kg
Traction Rods (PAIR) - 1.40 kg
Camber Arms (PAIR) - 2.35 kg
Toe Rods (PAIR) - 1.96 kg

All items are in stock.

We are offering end of financial year deals so please email us if you want to get in on it!

To clarify, these units are 100% made in the USA from USA sourced materials.

autech
27-06-13, 09:09 PM
just for reference....

The silvia pickup points aren't all that brilliant. Looking for improvement via lightweight arms wont be as major or as good as you think - to the point you wont even notice :(. Due to the angles and swing range - only 10-15% of that weight difference will actually be transferable up to the shock.

For the majority of the time most movement will be low velocity, so you may only see a weight transfer difference of 300 grams or so at the shock itself for all arms being used.

[RAWWR]
28-06-13, 12:27 AM
^ very very interesting, you sound like you definitely know your shit :)

but as the old saying goes, "every little bit counts" so it is still an advantage over heavier arms, even if it is a lot less than the manufacturer makes it out to be!

bluesprinter
28-06-13, 10:52 AM
interesting interesting.

autech
28-06-13, 06:22 PM
Well weight is weight!

the SPL arms are made super well - so kudos to them for a great product :) i remeber the first time i fitted a set up - when i pulled them out of the wrapping it put a smile on my face haha.