PDA

View Full Version : Canberra action

daveho1
08-08-13, 06:19 AM
hey guys,
sorry to noob but is there ever anything going on in canberra? it would be really good to get out and have a chat.

thanks.
Dave

Gecho
08-08-13, 08:11 PM
Do what i did when i lived there...Drive to sydney. not much happens in the ole A.C.T .. except for summer nats, and tbh i'd already met enough Cheryls with Falcodores.
sucks man..roads are so nice there too

BeastVS
09-08-13, 11:49 AM
I was down in Canberra like a month ago, Drove the 34 down and stayed the night with the mrs, Went to the zoo etc. I drove my car around a fair bit on Friday night and not once saw another modified car, Would probably explain why i was getting dirty looks everywhere lol. Like Gecho said your probably best to come up to Sydney for events etc.

big fat paulie
09-08-13, 11:56 AM
Used to be some meets on at the museum on Friday.
That was back in 2010 though.

bluesprinter
09-08-13, 12:03 PM
Go out to wakefield and have a chat, nearly something always happens every day or once a month that is JDM related..

dont they also hold some hill sprints monthly or something close to ACT?

Joy
09-08-13, 12:17 PM
don't CM guys blast through canberra on their way to WP????

moss
09-08-13, 12:51 PM
There aren't any JDMST events in the ACT, but there are weekly NS meets, and if you want something a bit more broad minded, a more general meet is held most Fridays in Braddon or Woden. Its a lot more active in the summer months, most people wont go out on a Friday night in winter. Motorsport wise there is precious little, there are hill climbs and skidpan / motorkhana style events out at Queanbeyan, or Wakefield Park is a little over an hours drive from the city. There's also a few show n shine events every year, both Marques in the Park and the Wheels show which welcome a variety of cars and are held ~ 6 months apart, and a few sound/audio events which usually incorporate a mini show n shine and a dyno comp.

There are other more 'underground' street racing / drifting and those sorts of groups around, but I wont go into that. If you were to go to an event and ask someone they might invite you along.

daveho1
12-08-13, 04:19 AM
thanks for the imput guys. im a honda guy and we organised a canberra meet a few months back there was a total of about 8 people.
2 EG
a dc2
a dc4
a bb6 pelude
a jz80 supra
and a liberty of some description

not the bigest meet but good people for sure, ive been invited to go out to the braddon meet on fridays so i may duck past n check it out.
i know the groups your refering to in regard to street racing and drifting etc but thats not really my thing i dont need the hastle cause police dont look kindly on that sorta thing
thanks for your help guys

saad
13-08-13, 10:40 AM
What the name of that group again? That the invite only one who go for runs at cotter etc at night?

Jeo
19-08-13, 09:46 PM
Pretty solid group out at the hillclimb each month.

Rebetzke
19-08-13, 10:33 PM
The scene is good at parts just need to know people few of us meet at 7/11 in the city most Friday nights and they are heaps of nice Nissan and evo, the braddon crew and cotter people are shit box commies mostly