PDA

View Full Version : The almost stock 1.6.....not qute so stock after all

StanTheMan
10-11-06, 07:06 PM
went to the Sydney MX5 hang MX5 mania today. Then decided to chuck the MX5 on the dyno.......expecting 65RW Kw......
to my astonishment.......76 RwKw. :shock: Which i thought was a bit eager but that how it is. All these years i thought i had a pretty stock standrad engine. With a few minor performance mods.
very ineresting part was......they ran it without the fan infront of the car. a massive 51Kw :lol: . then they stuck the fan in front. its a pretty powerfull fan too...76kw with what i thought was 189Nm of tourque....the mind boggles.

Now i understand all the riff raff about befoer & after, different day, balh blah blah. but thats just what it is. but i did question the higher read out which i personally a little too high. they recon its pretty acurate. I didnt have the cash to go elsewhere & get it cross referenced.

In my book MX5 mania do know what they are doing so until the next Dyno club day where i can do some serious comparing .....its 76rwKw.
And i'll just take thier word for it.

Dave R
10-11-06, 07:08 PM
good work !!

So the dyno is fixed ?

They defenetly great down there.....
(me and my dads 5 is always down there :( dam head gasket !)

Maybe its ur lil intake duct that gave more power :P hehehehe

StanTheMan
10-11-06, 07:23 PM
hey i saw your dad's car there today. 8)
& the head gasket has arrived.

That little scoop....ROFLMHO......yea that must be it. :lol:

Babalouie
10-11-06, 08:10 PM
So what you're saying is that if you could find a way of bolting the fan to the front of your car you would have a permanent 25rwkw gain? :D Electric turbocharging taken to the extreme?

Roadster
10-11-06, 08:11 PM
stan, my car pulled a 76.1rwkw LOL
james yu's nb8a did 77.1rwkw!

i told you you have got NOS in there somewhere! LOL

so i was not lying when i stressed "I couldn't reel you in up a hill!!! WTFBBQ%#$%#"

StanTheMan
10-11-06, 11:03 PM
So what you're saying is that if you could find a way of bolting the fan to the front of your car you would have a permanent 25rwkw gain? :D Electric turbocharging taken to the extreme?

well kind of......but thats exactly what happened. I could be way off the mark though. But when you see that happen.....you think.....i wonder if there is any stronger fans around. LOL

Hey roadster.....how you been. Its been a while since we've played. :wink:

kula
11-11-06, 12:20 AM
manias dyno from what i have heard is a little..
hmm.. optimistic. to say the least.

Babalouie
11-11-06, 12:39 AM

well kind of......but thats exactly what happened. I could be way off the mark though. But when you see that happen.....you think.....i wonder if there is any stronger fans around. LOL

Hmmm....2fans = 50rwkw? That's good thinking. Stefan :)

Roadster
11-11-06, 03:27 AM

Hey roadster.....how you been. Its been a while since we've played. :wink:

been busy working, terrorified of the playground we used to play on ;)

for this year anyway lol

StanTheMan
11-11-06, 09:21 AM

Hmmm....2fans = 50rwkw? That's good thinking. Stefan :)

well get get enough fans. heck we'll give shifty's dads 5 some competition.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

roadster......right you are. mmmm :?

kula. I know where your comming from....... I had expeted 65-70 myself.