PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones 4

infinite
15-02-08, 11:48 AM
Anyone a fan of the Indiana Jones series? New trailer is up for the latest
Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/indianajones.html;_ylt=AsY7qv8MSH6wl3g1GC6bw55fVXc A)

I like the movie poster since it's done by the same painter that has done all those previous classic movies. But the choice of colour is wrong imo

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2007/IndyCoverBig.jpg

Rad
15-02-08, 11:53 AM
Yes! looks good, can't wait. Love Indiana Jones.

Q_ball
15-02-08, 11:58 AM
They should really learn to let the classics pass on a good note, rather than recreate or extend the story to a pt where it jst turns to shit.

Modified
15-02-08, 12:04 PM
nah indiana is the shit. will always be awesome.

i dont mind the colour choice.. im very much a fan of the style of art aswell...

eug4emi
15-02-08, 12:33 PM
love the poster, keeps the same vibe!

Bodgy Racing Developments
15-02-08, 08:39 PM
looks decent actually, i cant wait.

Mike.V?!
16-02-08, 01:19 PM
Needs more Short Round

llama_au
16-02-08, 02:00 PM
I'm looking forward to it.

4agte
16-02-08, 06:46 PM
awesome i love the indiana jones movies

Shiri
16-02-08, 07:53 PM
They should really learn to let the classics pass on a good note, rather than recreate or extend the story to a pt where it jst turns to shit.

In fairness, this is why it has taken so long. They've waited however many years to find a script that all of the people involved believe will only add to the Indiana Jones franchise.

van
01-03-08, 05:52 PM
Full trailer. I think this has been around already, but better quality here.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/indianajonesandthekingdomofthecrystalskull/

infinite
01-03-08, 08:53 PM
Dr. Jones, no time for love. We've got company :D

Whatever happen to that guy... its like he disappeared after Temple of Doom

van
01-03-08, 09:01 PM
Short Round? Didn't get up to much! His other really memorable role was as Data in The Goonies, and the rest was just bit parts and such.

Edit: Here he is as an adult, with some of his Goonies co-stars.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/localmike/stuff/junho11_goonies03.jpg

deez
02-03-08, 02:10 AM
Awesome trailer!

Taz_
17-05-08, 12:54 AM
Watching this next week before it comes out, my last perk working for Hasbro...

it looks really good, there is a new poster out for this btw...

as far as movies go, it's a dark horse, I think it will do really well at the box office, brings a new audience to this classic story.

Hollywood "IT" guy Shia Labouf is also in it, was picked by Steven Spielberg post his work on Transformers which Spielberg co produced.

trism
17-05-08, 01:09 AM
yeah, it has the potential to be good, also has the potential to be shite..

we will see next week

patience
17-05-08, 01:41 AM
I hate Shia

But Indi movies have always been favourites right from when I watched them as a child, I'll be there on first night out.
Did George Lucas write the script for this one as well?

haikii
17-05-08, 12:21 PM
I really think this would be great! i dont think them bringing it up again will make it crap..

I mean starwars was awesome!! and plus i think the new kid suits the role well. but i think if they wanna try and make a series with him...it might not work ay

eug4emi
21-05-08, 02:45 PM
go indy

http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/harrisons-hairy-stunt-to-help-save-planet/2008/05/21/1211182859686.html

evil
21-05-08, 04:13 PM
anyone posts any sort of spoilers or opinions that may be interpreted as spoilers will be banned.

(that is all)

well there is more... I want the toys and the lego....

Q_ball
21-05-08, 04:29 PM
In fairness, this is why it has taken so long. They've waited however many years to find a script that all of the people involved believe will only add to the Indiana Jones franchise.

Yeh i see where ur coming from there,
And i respect that they've taken their time to allow for a quality script to be generated rather than crap.

But fact of the matter is this - similar to Rambo/Rocky... you get an old guy to do athletic or physically demanding stunts, 8/10 times will result in some kinda PHAIL! haha.

To give credit where its due, the trailor does look really good and i shall be watching this movie... but with less anticipation than i had with both Rambo and Rocky.

van
21-05-08, 04:37 PM
I think they're approaching the stunts fairly realistically (for a movie). There's a scene in the trailer where Indy's swinging on his whip down into a truck, and mis-times it. So in their defence, they're obviously playing up the fact that he's getting older and losing his speed and dexterity, etc.

Kazaf
21-05-08, 05:24 PM
Farout isnt Harrison Ford like 1000 years old

DrewMan
21-05-08, 09:34 PM
I'll definately be watching this! comes out in a few hours!

Queenie
21-05-08, 09:58 PM
Usleess Inforamtion for the Day:
Harrison Ford is dyslexic ... He need someone to read his scripts for him and he memorises like that.
Can't wait to see this!

Taz_
21-05-08, 11:46 PM
Watched it tonight, it's a good movie, but I didn't like the ending and some over the top theories it used as the main premise of the origins of the skull etc..

Was some great stunts, funny bits, car chases and general indy formula, won't give u any spoilers...

Still worth watching, and Harrison Ford and Shia were great in it.

Taz_
21-05-08, 11:47 PM
PS Lego toys are already out, have been for a while, some action figure stuff was out mid may, but stocks are trickling in and some items were delayed so are in limited numbers...there are some original movie figures out also...eg. the swordsman from the original movie.

van
25-05-08, 05:28 PM
Saw it this afternoon. Loved it very much.

EGG80X
25-05-08, 05:34 PM
love it but the ending..... well it didn't do it for me

dom
25-05-08, 05:42 PM
I just went and saw it. Its a tad unrealistic but it was an indiana Jones movie so that is to be expected. Other than that i though it was awesome, its a movie you will enjoy more at the cinema than you will ever will at your house (unless you have an insainly big tv and huge speakers), its quite funny and yeh pretty happy that i went and saw it.

btw, they played a batman trailer at the start which is another movie im itching to see.

Harves
25-05-08, 07:07 PM
I went and saw it yesterday - fun movie! Ending was abit silly

Kaotic
25-05-08, 07:09 PM
yeah i saw it on thursday... its very much like all the other ones

And yes the ending was wierd and over done!

llama_au
25-05-08, 10:11 PM
I thought it was a little over the top, but still enjoyed it.

Stivo
25-05-08, 10:29 PM
*removed*

step.s
25-05-08, 10:51 PM
heard it was a shiet movie

Iain
26-05-08, 01:18 AM
i wasnt the best but still watchable i put it below Temple of Doom lol

Arkhaeon
26-05-08, 03:12 AM
The girlfriend and I were very disappointed. I think speilburg and lucas went "we forgot to do something to jonesy 3.. oh yeah, we forgot to fuck it up - quick; lets make a sequel!"

Crappy plot, insanely stupid stunts (so far fetched it would make lassy forget how to come home), a crappy plot, old fart harrison ford does stunts that most guys in their 20's wouldnt be able to acheive, and did I mention the crappy plot?

I was a huge fan of the original three, but this one is just an embarrasment.

Nothing like flogging a dead horse, eh lucas?

disclaimer; IN MY OPINION - dont sue me.

evil
26-05-08, 10:27 AM
Its an Indiana Jones movie.

its not meant to be realistic.

I think it tied all the other movies together nicely and closed out the Indiana Jones Quadrology well...

I thoroughly enjoyed it as an Indiana Jones movie, i was initially disappointed with the ending by after thinking about it more i actually liked it.

Taz_
26-05-08, 03:06 PM
rumours of a 5th movie are already doing the rounds...i.e *REMOVED FINAL MOMENT OF THE FILM SPOILER*...

evil
26-05-08, 03:21 PM
TAZ... please edit your post

anyone posts any sort of spoilers or opinions that may be interpreted as spoilers will be banned.

if Taz hasnt....

DO NOT READ THE ABOVE THREAD

i know its not much of a spoiler but it ruins it enough.

Shiri
30-05-08, 12:17 AM
la la la

This should be edited too...

I loved it! As a huge movie buff in general, I think it was as true as to the originals as you could get considering it's been 18 years since the last one. They didn't make it anything it shouldn't of been and that was perfect. Accounted for his father and brodey.

I actually liked the ending :)

Shai was perfect and it's worth seeing it just for Harrison. He's fantastic in it :D

StanTheMan
30-05-08, 08:11 AM
I enjoyed most of it

acting was crap.......action was great.

Neilus
30-05-08, 11:20 AM
Seeing The Janitor from Scrubs and Caleb from The OC square off in the first 20 minutes made my day :)

NO10VE
30-05-08, 04:37 PM
^ haha

I enjoyed it, action was great

dom
30-05-08, 07:35 PM
^yeh, i was like wtf, its caleb!

Taz_
02-06-08, 04:07 PM
Sorry if I posted any semblance of a spoiler...

Still worth watching...