PDA

View Full Version : Winamp now has unicode support!

raz0r$harP
24-11-06, 12:56 AM
..well it had it a few builds ago (since 5.3) but I only downloaded 5.32 tonight. Finally have implemented unicode support into it (to support asian characters in file names and playlists).

Oh well, that is all!

van
24-11-06, 07:10 AM
iTunes for me thx!

kula
24-11-06, 08:01 AM
itunes is the devil.

van
24-11-06, 09:24 AM
I hear that a lot, but I've never had a problem with it. People have complained about it reorganising their music, which is funny because that's an option that you have to actually choose during the install process. I've also heard whining about the RAM usage. All I can say is that I sit here with Photoshop, Illustrator, Firefox, Trillian, and a host of other apps open all day, and I notice no slowdown. So... *shrug*

Luc
25-11-06, 03:05 AM
what is unicode?

bathurst-91
25-11-06, 09:47 AM
ive always been one to support originality as was always a supporter of icq vs other IM's (but switched to msn due to bloatness of icq)and was always behind winamp but lately i just got utterly sick of its bloat-ness they started adding all this crap to make stuff organised and in that they made it a whole lot more cluttered!

so ive actually switched to itunes and i dont even own an ipod!!! i just like the layout, simplicity and cool stuff like song rating and search/grouping by catagory.

kula
25-11-06, 02:51 PM
u can still download a simple winamp...