PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Eastwood around 1:30pm today? Gunfight!

eug4emi
10-03-08, 07:22 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/they-were-shouting-put-the-gun-down/2008/03/10/1204998346849.html

Shit just read this, I lived around that area for about 14 yrs but never heard of such craziness..

Davf
10-03-08, 07:31 PM
I was at home and just heard alot of sirens around that time. When i dropped a friend off at the station around 5.50pm there was still a few cops about with the lane taped off. Pretty crazy.

scathing
10-03-08, 09:15 PM
OK, that's just fucked up.

chris86
10-03-08, 09:33 PM
someone I know who was having lunch in eastwood at the time told me about this. Cops had a shoot out with some guy in an alley way near Progress Ave. He's been shot a few times and is in hospital. Heard that on the radio.

4agte
10-03-08, 09:33 PM
yeah the cops shot up a drug dealer or something

4agte
10-03-08, 09:34 PM
"We heard the shots ring out, I saw the flashes, I just thought it was kids shooting a bird or something.

what its normal for kids to shoot birds in eastwood lol

arron
10-03-08, 09:36 PM
in eastwood...?

but why would you need a gun in eastwood even if it were a drug dealer... Eastwood isn't even populated by any gang members anymore..

4agte
10-03-08, 09:40 PM
in eastwood...?

but why would you need a gun in eastwood even if it were a drug dealer... Eastwood isn't even populated by any gang members anymore..

well dosent seem that way...

wasabi
10-03-08, 09:46 PM
I WAS THERE! getting my haircut!

Kazaf
10-03-08, 10:02 PM
Where the hell is Eastwood?
haha

Brendan
10-03-08, 10:04 PM
Where the hell is Eastwood?
haha

i think its near bankstown :P

scathing
10-03-08, 10:15 PM
I like how "the guy turned the gun on himself". Just reminiscent of suspects that fall down flights of stairs.

Maybe we'll later get a press release that he was a terrorist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Charles_de_Menezes), intent on blowing up a Sydney landmark like......Eastwood.

4agte
10-03-08, 10:16 PM
I like how "the guy turned the gun on himself".

Just reminiscent of suspects that fall down flights of stairs.

police are good people they could never lie about anything

minix3
10-03-08, 10:22 PM
Eastwood isn't even populated by any gang members anymore..

There are some of the "new gens" around. But hanging outside the church shuffling while attempting to look tough doesn't usually require a gun.

Mr Happ
10-03-08, 10:26 PM
I like how "the guy turned the gun on himself". Just reminiscent of suspects that fall down flights of stairs.

Maybe we'll later get a press release that he was a terrorist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Charles_de_Menezes), intent on blowing up a Sydney landmark like......Eastwood.

Too cynical. Its very easy to sledge from the foot path but these men and women have to put themselves in harms way only to cop abuse and derision from Joe public day in day out. If the bloke is armed with a firearm and aggressive in a public place, no problem game on i say.

I (for the first time i might add) saw some cops take down a couple of rampaging (think meth) blokes last week, and i can tell you its a good thing we have them (cops that is :P )

Dave R
10-03-08, 10:55 PM
let me guess he was a p'plater :P

Kikkoman
10-03-08, 11:03 PM
Eastwood? I hear that place sucks -- according to serials sig on the forum!

:D

Kazaf
10-03-08, 11:16 PM
To be honest, I've never heard of Eastwood before.
Does this look like another cover-up for the police?

IcemaN
10-03-08, 11:17 PM
so much shit happens in the west bank ey

4agte
10-03-08, 11:17 PM
let me guess he was a p'plater :P

lol gold!

scathing
10-03-08, 11:29 PM
Too cynical

The only difference between cynicism and realism, in our society, is the spelling.

If the bloke is armed with a firearm and aggressive in a public place, no problem game on i say.

If the report was that the cops shot this gun-toting asshole rather than the guy "shooting himself", then I'd be cheering the cops on.

As you say, there's no dishonour in taking down an armed criminal, who was evidently quite willing to use his firearm in a crowded area, with lethal force.

BA55AR
10-03-08, 11:41 PM
i went to pick up my lil sis from station and i saw lots and lots of asians surrounding the scene whiel the police was investigating and all the media and reporters were around at about 3ish... then after hip hop i came back to eat dinner in eastwood about 9.30ish those forensic cops were fully searching out that alley way!!! im surprised this happened in eastwood!!!

Cappuccino
11-03-08, 12:14 AM
what its normal for kids to shoot birds in eastwood lol

I was thinking the same thing

only in eastwood!

minix3
11-03-08, 12:24 AM
im surprised this happened in eastwood!!!

you can't be serious.

BA55AR
11-03-08, 12:25 AM
I was thinking the same thing

only in eastwood!

no... no1 shoots bird in eastwood... that guy is just off this planet!!!

Elwood
11-03-08, 12:28 AM
There are some of the "new gens" around. But hanging outside the church shuffling while attempting to look tough doesn't usually require a gun.

owned.

prusso
11-03-08, 12:37 AM
eastwood has been going downhill
saw this coming
even red rooster has lost its touch!

4agte
11-03-08, 12:40 AM
no... no1 shoots bird in eastwood... that guy is just off this planet!!!

obviously lol

BA55AR
11-03-08, 12:42 AM
eastwood has been going downhill
saw this coming
even red rooster has lost its touch!

downhill... would it be because of the increasing population of asians?
but red rooster still has the best chips!!! hahaha

BA55AR
11-03-08, 12:43 AM
obviously lol

yea i know... but i dont get why that guy would say something like that... like u said... obviously... that guy must be on drugs!!!

wasabi
11-03-08, 01:04 AM
from what i heard at the scene.. the guy pulled the gun at the cops and shot but the cops were the ones who shot the guy (not him turning the gun on himself) but meh i duno

lol and who said these guys are gangsters?

VTECMACHINE
11-03-08, 01:41 AM
WHOA!!!

"We heard the shots ring out, I saw the flashes, I just thought it was kids shooting a bird or something."

I found that part funny... Imagine homie Kaotic in his Sik-vic doing driveby's on these birds and shit.

RaYmO
11-03-08, 02:38 AM
good thing the gunfight was confined to the alleyway...

If it was on the parallel st with all the other grocery stores, I'd imagine there would have been quite a few fatalities as it is quite busy there (I do my grocery shopping there once a week)

I think there's more to this story... sounds suss how the gunman shot himself in the head...

fun33r
11-03-08, 11:19 AM
I think there's more to this story... sounds suss how the gunman shot himself in the head...

Then again he dosen't sound like the most intelligent person in eastwood :neutral:

jeffske
11-03-08, 11:42 AM
i went to pick up my lil sis from station and i saw lots and lots of asians surrounding the scene

lots of Asians in Eastwood..get out you must be joking....:mrgreen:

prusso
11-03-08, 12:35 PM
downhill... would it be because of the increasing population of asians?
but red rooster still has the best chips!!! hahaha

no im not implying that, im not racist
all im saying is the area has got dodgey
not really safe to walk the streets like it used to be like 5-10yrs ago
red rooster chips have gone down hill, but thank god there chicken salt is back!
if ur on facebook join the red rooster chips appreciation society lol!

Gorilla
11-03-08, 12:50 PM
this is just another day in the hood hahah

eug4emi
11-03-08, 01:35 PM
Eastwood used to be dodgy, gangs frequent the area, probably much lesser now, why would a guy carry a gun around the area? Getting ready to rob someone?

Fkn funny about kids shooting birds....wtf

Today I walked past and the area is still blocked off, so many curious asians gathering, like a movie is shooting or something haha

prusso
11-03-08, 03:25 PM
chatswood was worse than eastwood
now its the other way around imho

wasabi
11-03-08, 03:37 PM
i remember once in the local papers it said eastwood was turning into cabramatta LOL that was back in the days though

ae86slaver
11-03-08, 04:38 PM

I witnessed this exact thing last Thursday night. F*cking L to the MAO.

IMO, Eastwood is pretty safe, just lots of elders going about their grocery, nice people at the cafes and kids wettin themsleves in the fountain that is mostly dry.

Red Rooster - ahah i can't believe that shop is still surviving. The local one here in Gladesville shutdown a few months ago, I was pissed.

BA55AR
11-03-08, 07:36 PM
no im not implying that, im not racist
all im saying is the area has got dodgey
not really safe to walk the streets like it used to be like 5-10yrs ago
red rooster chips have gone down hill, but thank god there chicken salt is back!
if ur on facebook join the red rooster chips appreciation society lol!

no i was joking mate!!! im not saying your rascis... im just emphasising the rate of asians moving into eastwood!!! hahaha yea.. their chicken salt is GOLD!!! see because of all the asians moving in KFC and MACCAS closed down!!!! =[[ *sniff sniff*

BA55AR
11-03-08, 07:38 PM
i remember once in the local papers it said eastwood was turning into cabramatta LOL that was back in the days though

x2 back in high school days!!! i remember that too!!!

jeffske
11-03-08, 08:00 PM
no i was joking mate!!! im not saying your rascis... im just emphasising the rate of asians moving into eastwood!!! hahaha yea.. their chicken salt is GOLD!!! see because of all the asians moving in KFC and MACCAS closed down!!!! =[[ *sniff sniff*

chinese live on the one side of the railway line, koreans on the other
true story

zawrilla
11-03-08, 08:08 PM
There's always lots of asians in Eastwood - I am yet to see a white person there..... ok maybe not quite that extreme.

Also, Raymo, I never see your 5 around there... now I will look out each time to see if I can see it when I'm there.

jeffske
11-03-08, 08:24 PM
There's always lots of asians in Eastwood - I am yet to see a white person there..... ok maybe not quite that extreme.

Also, Raymo, I never see your 5 around there... now I will look out each time to see if I can see it when I'm there.

I've played "spot the Caucasian" and always managed to find one lol
in all honesty, I think they move away from the area (not sure why) and Asians just replace them. On the topic of racial segregation anyone else read the media beat up on caucasians leaving the public school system
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/white-flight-leaves-system-segregated-by-race/2008/03/09/1204998283744.html

eug4emi
11-03-08, 08:50 PM
chinese live on the one side of the railway line, koreans on the other
true story

Buddy
11-03-08, 08:52 PM
cops where still around there last night.. random but not really.. lots of randoms in eastwood these days

Buddy
11-03-08, 08:54 PM

IMO, Eastwood is pretty safe, just lots of elders going about their grocery, nice people at the cafes and kids wettin themsleves in the fountain that is mostly dry.

Red Rooster - ahah i can't believe that shop is still surviving. The local one here in Gladesville shutdown a few months ago, I was pissed.

used to be like that.. i have lived there for 20 years.. its changing. alot of people wont up up there these days.

the original red rooster of eastwood is the bomb!!!

eug4emi
11-03-08, 09:08 PM
used to be like that.. i have lived there for 20 years.. its changing. alot of people wont up up there these days.

the original red rooster of eastwood is the bomb!!!

i used to buy chips and gravy from red rooster eastwood all the time, it's the best

prusso
11-03-08, 09:25 PM
crunkle chips plus chicken salt = win
hands down the best chips in syd haha
plus the hot bread rolls from the shop that was next 2 the church, not sure if its still there?

wasabi
11-03-08, 09:30 PM
by church do you mean the masonic temple (it says this on the sign) lOL? coz theres a bread shop next to that

scathing
11-03-08, 09:48 PM
I still can't believe they replaced my Maccas with some random noodle bar....like there weren't enough of them already.

Give me back my Eastwood McDonalds.

SUGA
11-03-08, 09:58 PM
I've played "spot the Caucasian" and always managed to find one lol
in all honesty, I think they move away from the area (not sure why) and Asians just replace them.
[/URL]

funny you say.. i live in eastwood (although im hardly ever in it...) and i dont have a single asian family living left, right, infront behind or anywhere in radius of our house.. where do they all come from!!!

Davf
11-03-08, 10:39 PM
..where do they all come from!!!

The "other side"...now moved to both sides of the tracks. Most (white) people shop at West Ryde now, its newer, cleaner, more range then Eastwood(for what we buy anyway)

Red Rooster of Eastwood went downhill after it changed hands...not quite the same ever since.

BA55AR
11-03-08, 11:17 PM
crunkle chips plus chicken salt = win
hands down the best chips in syd haha
plus the hot bread rolls from the shop that was next 2 the church, not sure if its still there?

yea the mantova bread rolls a the best!!! $1 for 6 back then... i dont know about now!!! love them fresh baked out of the oven!!!

rusty1
11-03-08, 11:25 PM
My grandparents lived in Eastwood when I was a kid and it used to be a quite suburb, even classy, lots of nice old homes. We would love sitting in the First&Last milkbar.:) having a milkshake(real one):D

BA55AR
11-03-08, 11:31 PM
My grandparents lived in Eastwood when I was a kid and it used to be a quite suburb, even classy, lots of nice old homes. We would love sitting in the First&Last milkbar.:) having a milkshake(real one):D

yes yes old times... ive lived in eastwood since i was 2... it used to be so nice and peaceful too!!! until high schoool ASIAN INVASION!!! i know front to back and back to front how its changed EASTWOOD was where i went: primary schoool, high school, tutoring, chinese school!!! DAMN its changed!!!!

prusso
11-03-08, 11:59 PM
yea the mantova bread rolls a the best!!! $1 for 6 back then... i dont know about now!!! love them fresh baked out of the oven!!!

yeah next to masonic temple and the mantova bread rolls
havent been down there for bread in ages
mainly cos i get it from coxs road now
used to fill up a bread roll with red rooster chips lol

BA55AR
12-03-08, 12:05 AM
yeah next to masonic temple and the mantova bread rolls
havent been down there for bread in ages
mainly cos i get it from coxs road now
used to fill up a bread roll with red rooster chips lol

omg u srz? i did that too with gravy!!! hahahaha!!!! *hi5* mate

eug4emi
12-03-08, 12:34 AM
eastwood used to have kfc too!

ae86slaver
12-03-08, 12:34 AM
Big P, anyone would think you were azn if they didn't know u in RL ;)

BA55AR
12-03-08, 01:06 AM
eastwood used to have kfc too!

yea!!! where excellent BBQ is!!! only if it was still here i can grab a snack box!!!

wasabi
12-03-08, 01:18 AM
just go to macq centre. kfc maccas oportos subway hungry jacks.. eastwood for all your asian foods.

Buddy
12-03-08, 07:21 PM
funny you say.. i live in eastwood (although im hardly ever in it...) and i dont have a single asian family living left, right, infront behind or anywhere in radius of our house.. where do they all come from!!!

i live just down the hill from you.. its the same.

but eastwood centre is different

i remember 7 for $1

Serial Killa
12-03-08, 07:26 PM
Eastwood sux

Buddy
13-03-08, 08:30 PM
your face

zawrilla
13-03-08, 10:53 PM

Asia

rusty1
14-03-08, 07:38 PM
Looks like from what they can figure out, the dead gunman was in the proccess of an attemted mass shooting with a Gloc pistol. He was an experienced shooter, frightening to think what might have happened if the cops had not intervened:shock: :shock:

eug4emi
14-03-08, 07:55 PM
Looks like from what they can figure out, the dead gunman was in the proccess of an attemted mass shooting with a Gloc pistol. He was an experienced shooter, frightening to think what might have happened if the cops had not intervened:shock: :shock:

so the gunman eventually died? you got any news link on it? where did you hear this from

wasabi
14-03-08, 08:27 PM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23375601-2,00.html

lol damn i might have got shottt