PDA

View Full Version : Aussie drag racer charged with 6 counts of homicide...

Civic Weapon
21-03-08, 12:46 PM
thoughts?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/motorsport/aussie-drag-racer-charged-with-homicide/2008/03/21/1205602625274.html?s_cid=rss_news

m0nty
21-03-08, 12:51 PM
Relatives of victims and people who were hurt claim in lawsuits that Critchley was driving recklessly.

As opposed to a controlled and perfectly safe burnout on the streets around kids without safety barriers?

Sounds like Tony is being made a scapegoat for poor planning. Downgraded man slaughter charges could be the end result.

RaYmO
21-03-08, 12:57 PM
This is pretty damn piss weak... The organisers should have put in safety measures to protect the crowd

IcemaN
21-03-08, 12:58 PM
wtf suchhh bullshit. so not his fault. someone always has to take the fall. such bullshit this arghhhh.
it was also a charity event if i recall correctly.

the media also suck, look how they use such a degrading photo of him to make him look like he wanted to do it.

Rad
21-03-08, 01:08 PM
Hadn't realised it was in America, enough said..

cannonball
21-03-08, 01:20 PM
He said people were asked to step back from the street.

Bwahahaha.

Some organisation there.

you cant ask people to "step back" from a burnout event, and the organisers were stupid to think they could. Its up to the organisers to controll the situation and keep people safe, if the Aussie guy said "no, I wont do it, its not safe" then the organisers would have got another driver to do it. On any events I have been a part of, when we need to get the crowd back, they all grumble and complain, or flat ignore you. and when this happens, the organisers DO NOT LET THE BURNOUT START. If the crowd gets to close during the burnout, the clerk of course stops the cars and sends everyone back to the pits, show over.

But farking litigious americans dont make the situation any easier.

Bang A Dang
21-03-08, 01:38 PM
if you guys get a chance to see the video of this burnout, please notice the fence/brick wall only goes for 100m or so from the start line... it should of went for the whole length of the strip like our wsid

so really it wasnt his fault for ploughing into those innocent people, blame the officials for the lack of safety measures of a place which they consider a dragstrip for the event

Bang A Dang
21-03-08, 01:38 PM
found it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=soxtQ2tMTf4

DreadAngel
21-03-08, 04:56 PM
Hadn't realised it was in America, enough said..

Amen lol...

Burnout not reckless, guess drifting in America is Kamikaze stuff then

Dave
21-03-08, 05:41 PM
this event should of been held at a proper drag circuit with safety barriers.. Doesn't take a genius to work out that without safety barriers a car that is out of control could harm others..

tiksie
21-03-08, 10:56 PM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/img/world/1806_critchley_sp.jpg

Why couldn't they use this photo!

Rascal
22-03-08, 01:02 AM
yeah this is utter crap, scapegot is right. notice in the video theres a guy in farmers overalls standing on the track? poor planning. not safety mesures and because he was the driver AND a forenier he gets the blame. it was a tragic accident but putting this man (who from all reports is devestated anyway) in jail is not gonna bring these people back.

Buddah
22-03-08, 12:07 PM
Theres some sort of sick irony in this as the event was held for disabled children. :(

Tazz
22-03-08, 12:50 PM
america = i'm pissed off at you so i'm going to sue...

llama_au
22-03-08, 09:50 PM
So sad from all angles. The driver should have realised it wasn't safe and pulled out in the first place, the organisers and spectators should have realised it wasn't safe and backed away.

Lots of should haves won't bring back anyone though.

Though jail time for the driver is not justified, he didn't mean for that to happen.