PDA

View Full Version : "To dream the impossible dream..."

Flawless
12-07-06, 12:28 PM
The most beautiful and inspirational ad Honda have ever made!

Sing along guys....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_7woDzT3Pw&search=power%20of%20dreams%20honda

Evan
12-07-06, 05:32 PM
ummmm

project2
12-07-06, 10:12 PM
yes.. ummm?

he drives all hondas except for the van and gas float and likes to be gay?

i dont get it?

Flawless
12-07-06, 10:26 PM
:P

what is there to get?
Come on where are all the honda fans here?

Flawless
12-07-06, 10:34 PM
This was written by a friend of mine.
I hope this helps you all understand and truely appreciate this ad....

"Quoted by James Chen"

This is the ad which showcases Honda's history. from the monkee bike, to the ATV quad, to the S600, to the NSX-R, to the fireblade and the TT and touring bikes, to the S2000, to the RA272 to the BAR Honda 007 and the powerboat and the balloon... You have to know something about Honda to "get" this ad. It tells Soichiro Honda's life story symbolically...and it is utterly brilliant. As such, it is the ebst commercial I have ever seen:
-Soichiro Honda the outsider... the guy living in a trailer by the sea, an outsider.
-Soichiro the grease monkey...this guy looks like a grease monkey.
-The seagull in a nest tending to it's young...His dream in the earliest stages.
-Two Seagulls on the rock....Soichiro and Takeo Fujisawa (Honda's alter-ego)
-He begins his journey with a simple mini-bike...symbolic of the Honda Cub.
-The dogs chasing him as he sings "to fight the unbeatable foe"... the resistance that dogged him from MITI (Ministry of International Trade and Industry) and the Gakubatsu (Japanese old Boys network).
-The sheep moving together as a group... the Japanese culture of group over the individual. Meanwhile, he motors on by in the background on his individual journey past the group. Two horses overlooking the field in the background-...I haven't figured this part out yet.
-The succession of cars and bikes as they progress through advances in developement.
-The boat flying off the waterfall...his death.
-The balloon rising out of the mist, with him singing "to reach for the unreachable stars"...on his way to heaven and still dreaming. A Very Happy ending.
-Underlying the entire commercial is the humor of this guy singing like Andy Williams as he blasts down the road. Honda had a great sense of humor.

rodent
13-07-06, 02:19 PM
Not a Honda fan, but I thought that was brilliant!

lovesil
13-07-06, 03:51 PM
It's not bad! but i reckon the Honda Euro Ad is more impressive to me

Alfadog
13-07-06, 04:44 PM
Sensational advertisement.

Just brilliant! Thanks for sharing those insights Flawless, makes it all the more enjoyable :)

Flawless
13-07-06, 05:50 PM
no problem guys!

pleasure's all mine Alfadog

Flawless
14-09-06, 07:47 PM
OMG!
This is actually going to be on national television :D :D :D

http://www.thepowerofdreams.com.au/?WT.mc_id=NW060914

Justin Fox
15-09-06, 09:22 AM
I wish Honda would stop dreaming about making boring slow eco-friendly cars and start dreaming about winning races again!!!

EGG80X
15-09-06, 12:15 PM
I wish Honda would stop dreaming about making boring slow eco-friendly cars and start dreaming about winning races again!!!

x2

they need a rwd sports car

Alfadog
15-09-06, 06:19 PM
They still sell the S2000 :P

But they need a proper one (none of this convertible rubbish!) :)

Shiri
16-09-06, 08:12 PM
The new Civic Type R is to be realised in 2008 even word of it being realised here. Bout time... but a new NSX and a proper Teg Type R would be good...

problem is that ALL car companies are loving the Hot Hatch thing at the moment... No quality Coupe's! But I'm glad hatches are making a come back...