PDA

View Full Version : streaming media [help needed]

N|A
02-12-06, 11:31 PM
Hey guys

My computer has decided to play games with me and its not playing sound off any streaming media off websites..
whether its youtube or myspace you name it... no sound is heard..
videos play but no sound is heard. The weird thing is that when i play music off itunes it works.. its just sound coming from websites..

any help would be appreciated
thx

van
02-12-06, 11:40 PM
Have you installed any video codecs lately? XViD, DiVX, etc. You could have some sort of conflict there. I think the program "G-Spot" (no kidding on the name!) can help you identify a conflict if there is one, and help you resolve it, but it's been a while since I've looked at it. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Dave R
02-12-06, 11:47 PM
This has happaned 2 me sometimes aswell...

Also sometimes on youtube it will stop loading halfway or something and will show it has finished loading but has not :S

It usually fixes it by restarting ur computer :) yer,yer it a pain in the ass but it usually wokrs :)

Goodluck :) tell us how it works out (Y)

Mike.V?!
03-12-06, 12:21 AM
The embedded videos on Myspace and Youtube are streamed via Adobe Flash. Try reinstalling/upgrading the plug-in

N|A
04-12-06, 12:00 AM
thx for the replies guys...

van ive tried un-installing all my codecs and still not working .. and i havent played with my codecs recently so i dont think it could be the codecs..

im starting to think its the flash plug-ins on my computer... im now installing anything to do with flash lol see how it goes..

thanks again for the help folks