Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DVD player with those USB port things

Daily
    DC2R

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    ^You gotta have the latest PS3 firmware

-Plug your iPod to the PS3 via USB
    -Go to the PS3 xmb (Cross Media Bar) then go to Video and search for the iPod device
    -Then press Triangle and message will ask you if you want to 'Dispaly All' go yes
    -Once that is done you should see all the folders on your iPod as you would when you connect it to a PC and thats it. Now just search where you chucked your movie hit play (X)

I'm not sure what the latest codec for the PS3 firmware has but it can pretty much play all the DivX movies, I think the only one's that don't work are .mkv files. and HD-DVD ripped movies
    Ran perfectly! Thanks!
    Really did not know about this.
    Daily
    DC2R

^You gotta have the latest PS3 firmware

-Plug your iPod to the PS3 via USB
    -Go to the PS3 xmb (Cross Media Bar) then go to Video and search for the iPod device
    -Then press Triangle and message will ask you if you want to 'Dispaly All' go yes
    -Once that is done you should see all the folders on your iPod as you would when you connect it to a PC and thats it. Now just search where you chucked your movie hit play (X)

I'm not sure what the latest codec for the PS3 firmware has but it can pretty much play all the DivX movies, I think the only one's that don't work are .mkv files. and HD-DVD ripped movies
    It doesn't detect the MP3 files?

Help?
    Daily
    2011 Corolla Sport
    2nd Car
    1989 Honda CRX

Most don't work with usb hard drives.

I dont know why, something to do with not receiving the right "spin up, spin down" signals or something probably.

All i know is it didnt work for me on my bosses, my best mats or my dvd player with usb port.
    Daily
    tiksie
    2nd Car
    tiksie
    Name
    tiksie

As Delphia said, some of the External Hard Drives don't work with them for some reason.

I have 3 External drives and only one of them are compatible with the DVD player, lucky its the one with 1TB
    Daily

There are still shitloads of compatibility issues with the PS3. It wont play older Divx formats and also picky about how supported formats are encoded as well.
    Daily

Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    I have 3 External drives and only one of them are compatible with the DVD player, lucky its the one with 1TB
    Could it be a filesystem problem? PS3, for example doesn't like NTFS.
    Daily
    BMW
    Name
    Alex Sam

Our success depends upon the success of our clients, so when thinking “write my paper!” or “do my essay!,” AceMyPaper.com custom paper writing service ...
    Daily
    sunday
    2nd Car
    honda
    Name
    hercules boats

maybe another has an opinion of that
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123