Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Contacts/Ideas Thread

Daily
    FN2R
    Name
    Eugene

Wedding Contacts/Ideas Thread

Guys / Girls,

Since I am planning my one next year in Sydney, I wanted to start this thread to get some advice, contacts (URL, phone no. appreciated), real life stories/photos from people in process of organising one, know one or a few and/or had one already.

I know word of mouth is stronger than my googling most of the times. I know some forumers would be of help and/or can provide services already like Justin Oh's photography and Andy Wana.

To start off, I want to do some interviewing and budgeting for the below, please kindly input to get me started:

- Wedding cars, prefer modern cars, but not interested in those chrome wheel white euro cars I see all the time
    - Wedding photographer
    - Wedding videographer
    - Master of ceremonies
    Daily
    2010 Lexus IS F

With your wedding cars, do you want a chaffeur to be provided?

For my brothers wedding, he just hired a silver A4 and a A6 (to go along with his own A3) from Europcar and got my sister-in-law's brother and I to act as drivers for the day.
    Daily
    08 E90

Dicky Tong is great, done some great wedding shots for me.
    (Speaks Cantonese too, if that matters?)

http://www.dickytong.com.au/
    Daily
    QU33NE
    Name
    Steff

First off, CONGRATS!

Secondly, what kind of wedding do you want?
    Black Tie, White Tie, Morning Suit, Lounge Suit, Smart Cas, Cocktail, Informal? If you can figure this out, it can help tie in the rest of the things you need for themeing (cars, type of photography, room layout etc)

How big is the wedding going to be? Is it mostly family with only very close friends? More friends? Mixture of both?

What time of you have the ceremony and reception can also impact on the type of wedding you have (E.G late arvo-early evening can be cocktail, after 5 or so it is generally acceptable to have a sit down dinner)

With the MC, I know in my family we have a member of the family do it, that is well spoken. I have 2 uncles that we choose from. That could be an option, they can then speak in English and another language with ease, they know the audience quite well for it to be a little more laid back and more intimate.

If you want any more info, I have a quite a bit of info at home on weddings (provided dad didnt go nazi and throw it out in the last clean up he did) - you can send me a PM?

Congrats again mate
    Redheads have more fun than blondes...

My mate just got married last week right opposite the harbour bridge and opera house on lawn 33 in Botanical Gardens which I reckon was a pretty awesome location the only thing that may bother you but it didnt my mate was the random tourists joining in the ceremony and taking photos hahaha. My mate then had the reception at L' Aqua for 50 people opposite Harbour Side darling harbour.

My mate did the same as Winks brother just rented two Mercedes-Benz's and had some of my other mates drive it. He wanted to rent a Hummer but it was like $2K hehe
    Daily
    FN2R
    Name
    Eugene

Thanks guys, so quick! Good ole' jdmst.

Quote Originally Posted by Wink View Post
    With your wedding cars, do you want a chaffeur to be provided?

For my brothers wedding, he just hired a silver A4 and a A6 (to go along with his own A3) from Europcar and got my sister-in-law's brother and I to act as drivers for the day.
    I would like a chaffeur too
    Daily
    Ae71
    Name
    Aleks

Congrats Mang

May i suggest getting vls for wedding cars.
    Member Bodgy Racing Developments's Avatar

wow eug congrats brother!!!!

ok for fotographers, i would highly recommend

http://www.catoandpade.com.au
    teamGROUNDzero.org
    Daily
    S15
    Daily
    HDJ80 Landcruiser, Vitz, Supra
    2nd Car
    Supra
    Name
    Shane

I used:

Babylon Wedding Cars, was an old school friend of mine, had 1 Stretched 300c, 1 sedan 300c, 1 Convertible CLK and 1 Ferrari F360

Sydney Photography, I used for photos, pm kula, he/wife does it too, but he was pretty full when it was my wedding date.

Cant rememebr video lol, but we had it at Dalton House, Sylvania Waters. We just had the usual wog type wedding, bout 200ppl, but I have a few Chinese/Viet friends, and been to their weddings..fark me too many ppl ahha 700+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast