Page 3 of 156 FirstFirst 123456789101353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Aquarium Thread

Daily
    08 Black Civic FD

yeh, i admit that my types of fishes is pretty mixed up! but thats all abt 2 change, i have a unusd 4 ft tank, and 2day im gna swap it for a 3 ft tank with cabinet!! im so lukki lol ^^ i was after a good 2 ft tank because i want to setup a plant tank, and plannin 2 put my discusses in since their both soft water, and if any1 want free jaguars or gimme some tips so i can get a slurpee or something lol...tell me, they already ate 3/6 electric yellows lol
    Daily
    your mum
    2nd Car
    your sister

i'll take it off you .. but it wont last long with my turtle .... =]
    Daily
    08 Black Civic FD

lol, if you want, ive got 7, i wanna get rid of 5 shoot me a pm =D
    Daily
    your mum
    2nd Car
    your sister

i used to buy feeder fish for my turtle .. they lasted prob a week if not less .. and thats 30 hahaha
    Daily
    your mum
    2nd Car
    your sister

feeder fish for me being .. neon tetras .. heh
    Daily
    08 Black Civic FD

arent they like $1 each?? and if ur turtle is eatin 30 a week, that means ur spending $30 weekly! lol i spend $20 for half yr worth of food!
    Daily
    ADM s15
    Name
    Bree Sugars

ah im glad i found this thread! I just bought my boy a 4ft tank for his birthday

at the moment he just has gold fish in it because we moved them from the old tank to the new one..old tank/pump was starting to cark it

Anyway, does anyone know whats more maintenance? i mean, gold fish or tropical? (we have a heater too incase we wish to change to tropical). Ive heard goldfish are worse because all they do is poop and eat..
    and ive heard tropical are very high maintenance (but they're fish. bah!) we've heard so many different answers from different aquarium shops.

Thoughts?
    Daily
    -
    Name
    Carey

Quote Originally Posted by jaymsee View Post
    and look who posted it last, did u read how i tried 2 revive that post?

and also did u read my original post? if u did, it doesnt take a genius 2 say that ive already searched the forums

so rather than just telling me, how abt u do a lil bit more research before you tell other people off, i tried 2 revive that thread, but no1 replied, so i simply started a new one and it makes it more clean anyways
    Hey I didn't say anywhere that it should be merged like I would usually say if I believed it should. It's a 6 page thread on peoples fish, so it seems like a good idea to link to it, which you didn't despite mentioning it.

edit- Perhaps I should of left out the 'already' part and confusion would of not been had. Moving on!
    Last edited by Shiri; 17-04-09 at 01:58 PM.
    Daily
    08 Black Civic FD

to shiri: i didnt mean 2 come out that hard, but i did know of the other threads, and yes we should move on ^

Code:
    ~bb~ ah im glad i found this thread! I just bought my boy a 4ft tank for his birthday

at the moment he just has gold fish in it because we moved them from the old tank to the new one..old tank/pump was starting to cark it

Anyway, does anyone know whats more maintenance? i mean, gold fish or tropical? (we have a heater too incase we wish to change to tropical). Ive heard goldfish are worse because all they do is poop and eat..
    and ive heard tropical are very high maintenance (but they're fish. bah!) we've heard so many different answers from different aquarium shops. 

Thoughts?
    gold fish can live in whatever conditions, even water straight out of the tap water for a period of time! but with tropicals, it is a bit more maintenance, where u need to make sure the ehater is at 28-32 degrees and weekly water changes and water straight from the tap would kill the fish....once i was tryin 2 transport a ghost knife...and i used tap water...i put the ghost knife in...it died in 1 sec....never doin that again! lol but i reckon tropicals looks alot better!
    Daily
    N15 SSS
    Name
    Rad

Tropical fish maintenance compared to goldfish? significant.. I wouldn't go into tropicals without the right knowledge, setup and funds.