Page 6 of 156 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Aquarium Thread

Daily
    08 Black Civic FD

omg siddr, thats really sexy! man, ur in sydney as well! i would love to make a stand as well lol and where did u get all ur items from?? mayb ill shot u a pm!
    Daily
    2013 Forester

Quote Originally Posted by TENSE View Post
    i <3 marine

but dont like the evaporation with the salt everywhere ! mm
    Never had a problem. So dont know what you going on about lol...

Neighbours got a 6ft tank.. He doesn't seem to have a problem, nor have i noticed salt everywhere etc.. heheh

my 2 cents

Oh and freshwater is boring!! wait did i just start a shit fight Hahhaha

(before you start yelling abuse, take my sense of humor into mind.. just playing with ya... no but honest its boring )

omg siddr, thats really sexy! man, ur in sydney as well! i would love to make a stand as well lol and where did u get all ur items from?? mayb ill shot u a pm!
    Bunnings man Everything is there!!

Im actually selling me old stand
    Its perfect.. selling for 80 bucks if you keen.. No joke

Im just broke and just want my money back for what i spent on the new stand.. Thats all..

I live in sutherland shire if you wanna come have a look

Ta
    Sidd Rishi Photography | www.sidd-rishi.com.au
    Sydney Wedding and Fashion Photographer
    Daily
    your mum
    2nd Car
    your sister

well.. the salt evaporation isnt really from my own tank as i used to run a tropical tank with a turtle haha

but i used to go out to peoples homes and clean their tanks ... some of them were massive ! not sure about seat wise but def 5-6m long ! really high too
    Daily
    2013 Forester

Quote Originally Posted by NVD52K View Post
    how do you get the salt water do you buy it or mix it yourself lol last time i tried doing my salt water tank the fkn fish always died man. btw dont get a damsel there a prick of a fish they always attack any fish. and where do you buy you fish and stuff from lol and your LARGE clam?
    You can pick it out from the ocean
    Thats what big aquarium shops do and so do many other hobbyist.
    But i just buy mine from the aquarium.

In few months time im just gonna get a big truck to deliver.. Sick of taking like 20 20L drums etc..

Anyways of you can make your own salt water.

Just make sure salinity is correct.

In regards to your fish dying. Well it can be a number of things from incorrect levels (such as ph, nitrate, nitrite, etc etc).. Or the fish was stressed.. etc
    Daily
    2013 Forester

Quote Originally Posted by TENSE View Post
    well.. the salt evaporation isnt really from my own tank as i used to run a tropical tank with a turtle haha

but i used to go out to peoples homes and clean their tanks ... some of them were massive ! not sure about seat wise but def 5-6m long ! really high too

damn 5-6m long?? crazy tanks!!

Well i guess if the owners dont clean it regularly that's what is gonna happen.

You gotta spend time with it..

Was at a aquarium shop the other day (dropped off my tank to get it drilled and put a wier in place etc etc) and the guy told me that hes setting up a massive tank for someone who wants a shark in it.. He has no idea about fish tanks nor willing to learn.. Just here is my money and make my house look good lol..
    Its people like those who kill the tank firstly and never look after it.. Then complain that their fish died and the tank looks dirty etc..

Sorry was just ranting.. lol
    Daily
    your mum
    2nd Car
    your sister

mm sharks

yeah 5-6m long man! whole length of his lounge room lol

couldnt get it out of the house is u wanted to hahah
    Daily
    ADM s15
    Name
    Bree Sugars

Quote Originally Posted by jaymsee View Post
    to shiri: i didnt mean 2 come out that hard, but i did know of the other threads, and yes we should move on ^

Code:
    ~bb~ ah im glad i found this thread! I just bought my boy a 4ft tank for his birthday

at the moment he just has gold fish in it because we moved them from the old tank to the new one..old tank/pump was starting to cark it

Anyway, does anyone know whats more maintenance? i mean, gold fish or tropical? (we have a heater too incase we wish to change to tropical). Ive heard goldfish are worse because all they do is poop and eat..
    and ive heard tropical are very high maintenance (but they're fish. bah!) we've heard so many different answers from different aquarium shops. 

Thoughts?
    gold fish can live in whatever conditions, even water straight out of the tap water for a period of time! but with tropicals, it is a bit more maintenance, where u need to make sure the ehater is at 28-32 degrees and weekly water changes and water straight from the tap would kill the fish....once i was tryin 2 transport a ghost knife...and i used tap water...i put the ghost knife in...it died in 1 sec....never doin that again! lol but i reckon tropicals looks alot better!
    Ah right.
    Cheers for that info! its all i needed. yes tropical do look so much better... but I have a very lazy boyfriend so I think we will stick with goldfish, for now!
    Daily
    N15 SSS
    Name
    Rad

Here is a pic of my new 4x2x2' foot tank that was delivered Saturday morning. Rock background was siliconed in shortly after.

Daily
    2013 Forester

TENSE - Yea i could imagine.. How thick was the glass? just curious

Rad - Awesome man So whats gonna go in it??
    Daily
    your mum
    2nd Car
    your sister

i'll have to ask my mate who i used to do it with, but it was pretty damn thick !

had a fair few fishies too but all hid hahah .. and they werent exactly tiny either