Thread: Brendan's Silbeer

Daily
    CD5 Accord, S13 Silvia
    2nd Car
    810 200B S12 Gazelle
    Name
    Jarich

^ What?

Amazing attention to detail, and the body styling suits my tastes. If it was mine it'd have been lower but it's not mine so all good .
    Daily
    Nissan S13 Silvia (Spec B)
    Name
    Brendan

Erm, no. The standard aero kit stays. This is only a mechanical change, no cosmetics. Although I did custom order the Ross Tuffbond Harmonic Balancer in red...it's a piece of art.
    Daily
    Name
    Brendan

Thnx Nebs. I'd have it lower too, but a red import Silvia with wide body and 10.5" rears already attracts attention from the po po, so height has been set as to not make them look too close. Plus at this height, I really have nothing to worry about in regards to daily road obstructions. If i was to go D1 kit and stay within the realms of non-fuzz attraction it would have to be set even higher. The constant worry of whether or not I'm going to get a work order every time I spot the boys in blue is something I can do without.
    Daily
    CD5 Accord, S13 Silvia
    2nd Car
    810 200B S12 Gazelle
    Name
    Jarich

Yeah, I've been quite lucky with mine, I had to put some effort into tucking the exhaust up high to maintain ground clearance but with the OEM kit it doesn't look SUPER low anyways.
    So although mine is below legal height i've been pulled over by RBT with no problems.
    The OEM kit is good in that it makes the car look nice without lowering the bodywork far (hardly any!) at all.
    Daily
    Name
    Brendan

Yah, that's one of the problems of going with a kit that goes much lower than the chassis itself. At least with a stock kit you can go lower without the kit itself being in jeopardy.
    Daily
    NA8 Clubman
    Name
    Dan

i wish i had an aero kit
    Daily
    Name
    Brendan

Start hunting...took me over 3mths to track down all the parts for mine. Forums, used parts dealers etc were checked daily. They're out there, you just need to keep looking.
    Daily
    11 e3 HSV Maloo
    2nd Car
    Honda Civic VTi

i actually hate s13 silvias but dam! thats the first one id LOVE to own! they styling of it, i feel is EXACTLY what id do to one had i owned one. its fcuking so clean!
    Daily
    CD5 Accord, S13 Silvia
    2nd Car
    810 200B S12 Gazelle
    Name
    Jarich

You can get the rear pods as reproductions easily in Japan, I used to sell them to people in Oz fairly often.
    Another alternative to the aero front bumper is getting the OEM optional front lip like my car is. It's possibly rarer than the Aero bumper but once again they make FRP reproductions of it in Japan (used to juuuuust be able to squeeze one into EMS postage haha).
    The side skirts are of course easy as pie to get hold of.
    Daily
    Name
    Brendan

Just posted up 6mths worth of posts on progress, changes et al including the articles from Fast Fours and Banzai magazines.

http://www.sillbeer.com/