Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 88

Thread: Babalouie's Hakosuka

  1. #41
    Member Manny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,279

    At the end of reading that article only one word came to mind, PASSION. Babs, you have that in spades. Always a pleasure reading your posts.

    Hoping one day I will be able to go through the same journey. I'm already having thoughts about building a car, it currently just isn't the right time for me.
  2. #42
    Member tougemonster86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mountain
    Daily
    AE111 Trueno BZ-R
    Posts
    156

    This was a good read!! I love the Hakosuka GTR!
  3. #43
    Moderator Babalouie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    5,391

    Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Hoping one day I will be able to go through the same journey. I'm already having thoughts about building a car, it currently just isn't the right time for me.
    Why wait? Remember my car took almost 2yrs.
  4. #44
    Member The_Giefster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    VR-4 Legnum
    2nd Car
    JDM Evo VIII MR
    Name
    Ryan
    Posts
    1,354

    Great read up JF and Babs. Your car is awesome! When I get a spare spot in the garage, I hope to embark on a journey like this as well.
  5. #45
    Member Manny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,279

    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Why wait? Remember my car took almost 2yrs.
    Having recently paid off my Evo IX (which I bought brand new) I'm now saving for a deposit to buy my first place, so yeah financially it's not the best time for me to be pouring money into another car, especially considering I still haven't finished modifying the Evo.

    I think once I've secured a place, and have a good grasp of what my budget is like with mortgage repayments in mind I'll consider a project car. Though, I think the problem then would potentially be space, considering I want to live closer to the City and the Evo has to be garaged.

    I'm not very mechanically minded and don't have much experience working on cars, so the thoughts around wanting to buy a project car recently is to help me skill up in this area and put something together where I can look at it and say "I built this", with much satisfaction.
  6. #46
    Member Vica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bendigo
    Posts
    266

    Photo's don't do the car justice since I have seen it in flesh! But they are awesome pics you have taken there Kelv.

    I also really enjoyed reading the interview.

    Good work guys and fantastic car Babs :-)
  7. #47
    Member big d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    none
    Posts
    379

    Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Having recently paid off my Evo IX (which I bought brand new) I'm now saving for a deposit to buy my first place, so yeah financially it's not the best time for me to be pouring money into another car, especially considering I still haven't finished modifying the Evo.

    I think once I've secured a place, and have a good grasp of what my budget is like with mortgage repayments in mind I'll consider a project car. Though, I think the problem then would potentially be space, considering I want to live closer to the City and the Evo has to be garaged.

    I'm not very mechanically minded and don't have much experience working on cars, so the thoughts around wanting to buy a project car recently is to help me skill up in this area and put something together where I can look at it and say "I built this", with much satisfaction.
    what does the missus think of all of this?
  8. #48
    Member Gorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    Landcruiser, GS430
    2nd Car
    Supra
    Name
    Shane
    Posts
    6,225

    DOnt be a whipped C derek! Mrs is the last thing to think of!!!
  9. #49
    Member cazSW20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Yokoyama Kouji-san's Joint
    Daily
    Reverse Bum-dragger
    Posts
    2,090

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    DOnt be a whipped C derek! Mrs is the last thing to think of!!!
    The pimp hand.....raise it high.
  10. #50

    Beautiful classic!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •