Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Babalouie's Hakosuka

At the end of reading that article only one word came to mind, PASSION. Babs, you have that in spades. Always a pleasure reading your posts.

Hoping one day I will be able to go through the same journey. I'm already having thoughts about building a car, it currently just isn't the right time for me.
    Daily
    AE111 Trueno BZ-R

This was a good read!! I love the Hakosuka GTR!

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Hoping one day I will be able to go through the same journey. I'm already having thoughts about building a car, it currently just isn't the right time for me.
    Why wait? Remember my car took almost 2yrs.
    Daily
    VR-4 Legnum
    2nd Car
    JDM Evo VIII MR
    Name
    Ryan

Great read up JF and Babs. Your car is awesome! When I get a spare spot in the garage, I hope to embark on a journey like this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Why wait? Remember my car took almost 2yrs.
    Having recently paid off my Evo IX (which I bought brand new) I'm now saving for a deposit to buy my first place, so yeah financially it's not the best time for me to be pouring money into another car, especially considering I still haven't finished modifying the Evo.

I think once I've secured a place, and have a good grasp of what my budget is like with mortgage repayments in mind I'll consider a project car. Though, I think the problem then would potentially be space, considering I want to live closer to the City and the Evo has to be garaged.

I'm not very mechanically minded and don't have much experience working on cars, so the thoughts around wanting to buy a project car recently is to help me skill up in this area and put something together where I can look at it and say "I built this", with much satisfaction.

Photo's don't do the car justice since I have seen it in flesh! But they are awesome pics you have taken there Kelv.

I also really enjoyed reading the interview.

Good work guys and fantastic car Babs :-)
    Daily
    none

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Having recently paid off my Evo IX (which I bought brand new) I'm now saving for a deposit to buy my first place, so yeah financially it's not the best time for me to be pouring money into another car, especially considering I still haven't finished modifying the Evo.

I think once I've secured a place, and have a good grasp of what my budget is like with mortgage repayments in mind I'll consider a project car. Though, I think the problem then would potentially be space, considering I want to live closer to the City and the Evo has to be garaged.

I'm not very mechanically minded and don't have much experience working on cars, so the thoughts around wanting to buy a project car recently is to help me skill up in this area and put something together where I can look at it and say "I built this", with much satisfaction.
    what does the missus think of all of this?
    Daily
    Landcruiser, GS430
    2nd Car
    Supra
    Name
    Shane

DOnt be a whipped C derek! Mrs is the last thing to think of!!!
    Daily
    Reverse Bum-dragger

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    DOnt be a whipped C derek! Mrs is the last thing to think of!!!
    The pimp hand.....raise it high.

Beautiful classic!