Page 4 of 138 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Chat Thread

Daily
    94 GTi Turbo
    2nd Car
    GSXR-R 750
    Name
    Jared

Yeh going good, just hit 5000km, wondering if I should take it in to get serviced or do it myself, only thing stopping me doing it myself is voiding the warranty.

Ill keep it till about april or may fix the fairing and sell her and get a gixxer
    Daily
    ZC31S
    2nd Car
    ZC21S
    Name
    Pat

so you got the bike new im assuming? How has it held up so far? i knw people bag them out but i rekon they are a decent bike!

When my car sells ill be looking at RS125, GT250R & Ninja 250r, just need to test ride them to see which one suits me best, as i've already done all the review reading on all 3! im so inclined for a RS, but need to ride it 1st to know how it feels and see if i work well with it..
    Daily
    94 GTi Turbo
    2nd Car
    GSXR-R 750
    Name
    Jared

Really good actually, fair bit of torque for a 250 but thats the Vtwin, and if you a bigger sorta bloke its about the same size as a gsxr600 maybe? Just less refined, and the only problem i've had so far is the battery, but then again every transportation vehicle that comes within 10m of my garage their batteries stuff up haha.

And yeh bought it new just for that piece of mind.
    Daily
    ZC31S
    2nd Car
    ZC21S
    Name
    Pat

Yeah i would expect the torque down low. they sound nice to lol! i sat on one at bike biz and the seating position is quite good actually.. What you think of the 650r??
    Daily
    BMW 335i
    2nd Car
    Aprilia SL1000R
    Name
    Shane

Well I ended up buying the Aprilia on the w/e

http://www.bikesales.com.au/all-bike...cs=1&silo=1400

Its a 2003 model Falco with 32k kays CF factory pipes and in great condition (it has SUE-34 plates so I'm presuming it was a chicks bike previously)

I had looked at a few CBR's felt comfortable on them (I'm 6'7 with rather long legs) was happy with the fit and finish but before I went ahead and purchased a CBR I wanted to look at a Falco that I had been eyeing off for months. I decided to drive 2 hrs to Frasers in Concord (A total Mecca for bike enthusiasts, with their dyno on show behind a glass panel etc etc!!!) and look at the falco.
    http://www.frasermotorcycles.com.au/fmc_Sydney.php

On first sight the Aprilia captured my heart and my mind, and before I could even hop on the bike the salesperson asked if I would like to take her for a run (Is Elton John a fkn poof, yes!) As soon as he cranked her over to warm it up the lovely V Twin bark emitted from the aprilia factory carbon pipes left me with the hairs on the back of my neck raised, and I felt like a 16 year old virgin all over again

We went for a 20 minute test ride through Sydney in the scorching 42 degree heat (the lead rider was on a BMW which indicated an ambient temperature of 48 degrees whilst we were at the lights at one stage!) and couldnt get enough of that syrupy smooth torque and V Twin sound!

I eventually came to a deal with Peter from Frasers, and essentially the reason why I went with the falco over the CBR, was that yes the CBR has more power, more aftermarket support and is more reliable, but it is also a lot more common and comes across as a bit 'plain jane' compared to the Italian falco with not as many on the road being so common also.

I'm looking forward to picking my falco up next weekend from Frasers, once she is in my possession I will give her a good going over with the view of also modifying her a tad also to suit my fussy (borderline OCD) pursuit of perfection.

The mods I had in mind were to replace the front and rear indicators with a more modern set of clear LED items, voltage wire mod, eprom mod (if it hasn't already been done) induction mods, lower fairing to cover the exhaust a full detail and polish, and servicing (hopefully the bike comes with a service logbook)

I have also seen a relatively cheap power commander from a falco for sale, are these worth installing?

Cheers
    Daily
    ZC31S
    2nd Car
    ZC21S
    Name
    Pat

Sweet man, nice buy!
    Daily
    2007 cbr1000rr + 05 R6 trackie

Quote Originally Posted by SfS View Post
    Yeh going good, just hit 5000km, wondering if I should take it in to get serviced or do it myself, only thing stopping me doing it myself is voiding the warranty.

Ill keep it till about april or may fix the fairing and sell her and get a gixxer
    spoke to a mate about this and you dont actually void your warranty.
    if you keep all your receipts and log them in your book and show youve mainting it then it wont void actual production faults which is what the warranty covers.

i've had my cbr from new and never bothered, why pay someone $350 when you can do it yourself for $100.

hope that helps
    Daily
    ex-ae86 owner

That Falco looks like a good buy, hotnessss~!

I was also inquiring about an aprillia motard at frasers, but it was snapped up real quick good to know they allow long enough test rides and seem pretty relaxed about it all - post up pics when you get it!
    Daily
    Holden SSV Ute SeriesII

Man getting along with your dealer is ftw!

I bought new 2010 plastics for my 09 to update it, easy as piss job should only take 2 minutes.

I'm undoing all the nuts and 4 of the shroud bolts just keep turning.... must be threaded. Ring up the dealer to see if it's a common thing and what to do. He tell me it's happened to a few 09's and just bring it in on Wednesday.

Rang him up just before, all good to bring it in, all covered by warranty (husqvarna's have a 2 year unlimited km warranty, most dirt bikes have none) while he is there he is going to fit a ECU map selector switch and load a new map to suit my cams even better, all for free! What a legend.
    Daily
    BMW 335i
    2nd Car
    Aprilia SL1000R
    Name
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by brasher View Post
    Man getting along with your dealer is ftw!

I bought new 2010 plastics for my 09 to update it, easy as piss job should only take 2 minutes.

I'm undoing all the nuts and 4 of the shroud bolts just keep turning.... must be threaded. Ring up the dealer to see if it's a common thing and what to do. He tell me it's happened to a few 09's and just bring it in on Wednesday.

Rang him up just before, all good to bring it in, all covered by warranty (husqvarna's have a 2 year unlimited km warranty, most dirt bikes have none) while he is there he is going to fit a ECU map selector switch and load a new map to suit my cams even better, all for free! What a legend.
    In all seriousness that's how all dealerships should be if they are smart enough, because you will more then likely go back to them for a new bike, servicing, boots/gloves/jackets etc. Sadly enough there seems to be more stealerships out there then this particular huskie dealer!