Page 5 of 138 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Chat Thread

Daily
    Holden SSV Ute SeriesII

yeah but a retune/fit map/tank would be a fair bit of work, thats exceptional in my book, there is only one mechanic and I'm pretty sure he only has 4 fingers on one hand so he goes good!

Whenever I get work done there he always is up for a chat, inviting me to ride days etc or just talking general shit, As he is a small shop I always am willing to support him so I always make sure I buy my chain lube/silicon spray etc from him even if I can get it for half that price at supercheap. Shit even just then I just bought a husky shirt for $70, a fuckin Tshirt He helps me so I'll help him. Plus the shirt looks awesome so win win

From now on I'm always going to get my bikes from just out of Sydney and not big dealerships, too impersonal, just a business to get you on a bike asap and not actually help you find what you are after.
    Daily
    BMW 335i
    2nd Car
    Aprilia SL1000R
    Name
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by brasher View Post
    yeah but a retune/fit map/tank would be a fair bit of work, thats exceptional in my book, there is only one mechanic and I'm pretty sure he only has 4 fingers on one hand so he goes good!

Whenever I get work done there he always is up for a chat, inviting me to ride days etc or just talking general shit, As he is a small shop I always am willing to support him so I always make sure I buy my chain lube/silicon spray etc from him even if I can get it for half that price at supercheap. Shit even just then I just bought a husky shirt for $70, a fuckin Tshirt He helps me so I'll help him. Plus the shirt looks awesome so win win

From now on I'm always going to get my bikes from just out of Sydney and not big dealerships, too impersonal, just a business to get you on a bike asap and not actually help you find what you are after.
    That is damn impressive indeed!

Why don't you give this fine establishment a free plug, and share the love amongst your fellow jdmster bikers?
    Daily
    BMW 335i
    2nd Car
    Aprilia SL1000R
    Name
    Shane

Hey guys i am after a battery charger for my bike to keep the battery charged whilst my bike is not in use.

Since my bike has a Rotax V Twin apparently cranking a motor with high compression puts a huge strain on the battery, and if the battery isn't fully charged, this can put stress on ignition components causing premature wear/failure.

So will a $50 ebay charger perform the same as a $300 job?
    Daily
    HONDUH CBR600F4i
    2nd Car
    Suzuki DRZ400e/sm

i bought a ctek xs3600 from ebay. they say its not the same as the 50 dollar jaycar charger. ive lefted it charging batteries months at a time, no problems here.
    Daily
    99' S15
    2nd Car
    05' ZX6R 636

went to fairfield markets this afternoon, setup the cones and followed the rider p's course from the rta, feeling pretty confident and i did it in the rain also
    Daily
    BMW 335i
    2nd Car
    Aprilia SL1000R
    Name
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    went to fairfield markets this afternoon, setup the cones and followed the rider p's course from the rta, feeling pretty confident and i did it in the rain also
    You shall ace it then!

Plus also when you get there you practice the test course brake test, u turn test at least a dozen times before you actually do 'the test'

Good luck mate!
    Daily
    1999 Nissan Silvia S15 with Wo

So I'm in the market for a new bike..

My budget is around $8500. I'm not sure what to get.. CBR600RR '06? any suggestions?
    Daily
    HONDUH CBR600F4i
    2nd Car
    Suzuki DRZ400e/sm

Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    So I'm in the market for a new bike..

My budget is around $8500. I'm not sure what to get.. CBR600RR '06? any suggestions?
    what are you going to use it for?
    Daily
    ex-ae86 owner

Quote Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
    You shall ace it then!

Plus also when you get there you practice the test course brake test, u turn test at least a dozen times before you actually do 'the test'

Good luck mate!
    Yeh, the test on the day is actually alot more forgiving than the layout on the RTA site diagram.

They will let you practice the course, but be aware, after the road ride, the course 'changes' and you'll do each individual component on a separate area (kinda made us nervous)

but needless to say it was a walk in the park....alot of fun actually!
    Daily
    1999 Nissan Silvia S15 with Wo

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
    what are you going to use it for?
    not track, just fanging around the streets on the weekends. Won't be main mode of transport