Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Before & after... show us your edits

Daily
    Subaru

Takes a lot of time to learn all this stuff, you will get there. Won't spam thread anymore but Photo night is a bitch to organise but ill try to get another going
    Daily
    Toyota bB QNC21

Daily
    Nissan Skyline R33
    Name
    George Low

Awesome photoshopping skills, guys. Heres my part. Hehe.

Before:

After:

Lol. Forgot bout the watermarks. Would appreciate feedbacks.
    Daily
    180sx
    2nd Car
    Mx5 NB
    Name
    Roberto

looks like an instagram filter unfortunately
    My photography Page : FACEBOOK
    Daily
    pushy
    Name
    Andrew

Like my FB page! ---> caitens.
    Daily
    '00 Gc8 WRX
    2nd Car
    '73 1200 Coupe
    Name
    Sam

Very slick Caitens, the shadows are distracting on the ground, may be worth dropping the opacity on that overlay of the original?

Sick work either way.
    Daily
    Nissan Skyline R33
    Name
    George Low

Quote Originally Posted by elitee View Post
    looks like an instagram filter unfortunately
    Lol. It does? I was experimenting with light leaks on CS6. I guess its just personal preferences. :/ Thanks for the feedback, my friend.
    Daily
    Subaru

Daily
    pushy
    Name
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Very slick Caitens, the shadows are distracting on the ground, may be worth dropping the opacity on that overlay of the original?

Sick work either way.
    Thanks Sam!

Brasher said the same thing about the shadows, definitely something to keep in mind next time. Cheers for the feedback
    Like my FB page! ---> caitens.
    Daily
    Toyota bB QNC21

Another behind the scenes post. It's an insight into my work and I am sure it'll benefit some of you creatives out there.

1. This is the RAW, unprocessed shoot from camera (I always shoot RAW, never JPEG). I am not great with getting things right on camera, but I do have a clear picture of the end result when I compose the shot. As you can see, it's pretty flat and the colours are pretty uninspiring. This was shot at 7:26am in the morning. The sunrise on that day was scheduled at 6:22am, so the ambient light is still pretty low and soft.

2. This is the shot processed via Adobe RAW in Photoshop. If you are using Lightroom, you'll have the same editing capabilities as I have done here. I changed the colour temperature of the photo to something a lot cooler whilst boosting exposure and contrast. I also shift some of the hues and saturation to get a more balanced colour harmony. At this point, this looks pretty pleasing but there are still things that needed to be fixed here.

3. I use cloning/ content-aware fill to get rid of distracting street signs and some metal alarm bell thing mainly on the bottom right. Then I added light flare on the top right hand corner to add drama to the whole composition. I wanted a nice tonal feel from extreme brightness (from the flare) at the top to something dark at the bottom (vignetting). I have the original layer underneath the one with lens flare so that I can erase some of the distracting light orbs. I added a warming filter because I wanted the flare to be warm in colour (like the morning/ afternoon sun).

4. This is something that I experiment with as of late. Coloured light leaks. It's a lot more complex than what I've done in the past. The light leak has the colour properties that I wanted in the final result. A warm to cool gradation with vermillion to blue purple hues. So I apply this on top of the overall image. This process is a lot of trial and error, and a lot of gut feel.

Finally, we have the final photo with the result of all of the above steps. Let me know what you think in the comments to follow. Cheers! =)