Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1316171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Before & after... show us your edits

Daily
    Toyota bB QNC21

1. This was actually a test shoot before I took a few more with my ring light. As you can see, it's being lit naturally since the eyes are pretty dark (this is one of the tell tale signs of natural light photography outdoors). I've bumped up the usual exposure, brightness, contrast, saturation and vibrance in this shot.

2. I wanted to bring a bit of faux brightness and more punchy colours onto the underexposed areas, so I choose this particular concoction for the colour overlay.

3. This is the result with the light leak in effect. It brings up the dark areas nicely in my opinion. And of course I could've left the photo here and be done with it.

4. In this picture, I trialed a new editing effect (colour halftone in Photoshop). In retrospective, this will work a lot better with Western comic characters rather than anime/ manga but I do want to gauge the response from viewers. So let me know whether you like it or not. I do like to experiment with my photos.

This is the final result. I balanced out the vibrance and brightness again. Next BTS, I think I'll cover the Elizabeth shoot with the game scene background.
    Daily
    Ae71
    Name
    Aleks

im still not 100% happy with how this turned out but its ok I guess, still got some things to fix up

Daily
    180sx
    2nd Car
    Mx5 NB
    Name
    Roberto

Thought about cloning out the table ?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2
    My photography Page : FACEBOOK
    Daily
    Ae71
    Name
    Aleks

im going to clone it out today to see what it looks like without it, I kinda dont mind it tho.
    Daily
    Ae71
    Name
    Aleks

A better one.

Daily
    Toyota bB QNC21

This BTS (Behind The Scenes) is pretty straightforward. The planning probably takes the longest to figure out (i.e the pose, the lighting and the post processing techniques)

1. This was the RAW photo that I used for the final artwork. The sun was getting lower at around 3pm when I took this shot. Since the light was pretty strong, I shoot with a smaller aperture (f6.3) to get more details out of the subject.

2. Next comes the deep etching process where I isolate the subject by clipping the background out. A handy tip is to pick a background that’s plain or very contrasting in terms of texture or colour. It makes the deep etch process a lot easier.

3. This step is purely gut feel. Keep the brush strokes as fluid as possible (pardon the bad pun). I have a collection of brushes that mimics the blood spray process. You turn the layer with the subject on and off occasionally to see whether the combination works. I ended up making 2 layers: one for the background of the subject and one for the foreground. I ended up with the ‘multiply’ and ‘hard light’ blending mode with each layer.

4. I delete/ soften some brush sprays (especially around the face) and then bumped up a little bit of brightness, contrast and vibrancy into the final photo.

This is the final result. I am pretty pleased with the end result. I've always wanted to mimic the official Capcom Street Fighter IV concept art style and somewhat work them into my photos. This is quite appropriate too since Deadpool is in the latest Marvel vs Capcom fighting game.
    Daily
    pushy
    Name
    Andrew

Like my FB page! ---> caitens.
    Daily
    metro/ 02 2.5rs
    Name
    andrew

fyg niqqa
    Daily
    Honda Accord
    Name
    Justin

Tried some experimenting with photoshop. The before picture is how it came out from my camera (no editing).

Daily
    pushy
    Name
    Andrew

Epic Justin! I tried the same thing not long ago... (need to take some more astro shots with my new camera though)

Like my FB page! ---> caitens.