Thread: Jimmy's R32 4dr Skyline - Now Running RB20DET

Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

Quote Originally Posted by CEF33Y View Post
    Engine bay looks tops! Covers look great. Is that coil pack cover ARC, or home made jobbie?
    It's proper ARC I bought it from Yahoo Auctions Japan before I even considered going RB20 haha. Finally came in good use.

Here's some pics from the weekend thanks to Joey who was also driving but found some time to photograph as well. My car went great. Survived the ~5hr drive up to Raleigh, had no overheating issues as I initially feared. There's a fair amount of power considering it's basically stock components apart from an R34 turbo.

Here's one of the only runs I got with Brent before a big end knock became evident.

He ended up needing a tow home, and also copped EPA and possible fines to come in the mail while broken down at maccas. Michael in his S14 got defected/fined and was not given enough time to get home so he needed a tow as well. Quite a shit end to the weekend.
    Last edited by Jimmy_HR32; 16-12-16 at 12:29 AM.
    Daily
    VY Clubsport
    2nd Car
    180sx
    Name
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_HR32 View Post
    Here's some pics from the weekend thanks to Joey who was also driving but found some time to photograph as well. My car went great. Survived the ~5hr drive up to Raleigh, had no overheating issues as I initially feared. There's a fair amount of power considering it's basically stock components apart from an R34 turbo.
    shame about your mates, the track looks empty? can you just rock up at Rayleigh and drift any weekend?
    Daily
    N/A HCR32
    Name
    Jake.

Looking good man, when are the SSR's making a return ! Can't believe you of all got that coil pack cover, i swear it was the same one i bid on ages ago.

Any chance at all you want to sell those rocker covers off your old 25de..? I'm back in yet another 32, in the process of a 25 swap and dying to find a pair with the fins!
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Crayske View Post
    Looking good man, when are the SSR's making a return ! Can't believe you of all got that coil pack cover, i swear it was the same one i bid on ages ago.

Any chance at all you want to sell those rocker covers off your old 25de..? I'm back in yet another 32, in the process of a 25 swap and dying to find a pair with the fins!
    Hahah I'd say it was the same one! I just went back and had a look what I paid, it was only 6,250 yen about 3 years ago. I think it'd go for a lot more these days...

The ones on the RB20 at the moment are actually my brothers so I still only have my pair that are on the 25DE, which I'm not willing to sell unfortunately haha. You'll find a pair eventually, I hope...

Good to see you're back in a 32!

Oh and the SSRs, yeah I've love to put them back on. Just need a set of tyres really but I was wanting to have the bodywork cleaned up a little before I put them back on... and that'll be never... haha so I should just put the SSRs on as is.
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_HR32 View Post

I havent been on this forum for a hot minute but your valve / coilpack covers are amazing. Congrats on turbo power
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

Got the SSRs back on... Was worried about fitting them on the rear as the camber was dialed out a bit when I put the 20 in. Fits all good though.

Last edited by Jimmy_HR32; 20-03-17 at 11:27 PM.
    Daily
    Mitsi Outlander
    2nd Car
    BNR32

As always, looks ace
    Rad-tastic: Radically Fantastic
    My Sil80 - Just a Street Car
    Daily
    2009 Kia Rio
    2nd Car
    R32 GTS4 Skyline

looking good