Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1089

Thread: Jimmy's R32 4dr Skyline - Now Running RB20DET

Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

Aha yeah there's quite a few of common faults with these cars. I plan to tick them all off eventually but the it is reliable at this stage which is nice.

Did your R31 sell to someone local to you?
    Daily
    C34 Stagea RWD Manual
    2nd Car
    HR31 Passage (sold)
    Name
    bevan

Yeah, the 31 is still local. I see it regularly. Do miss the car, but yeah, needed a change.

mmm, but they are such a nice car, I will aim for one later. The LWB ones are so good, so much room, and so many cool things inside.
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

So, long story short I made a spontaneous decision to enter for EC South Circuit tomorrow. Should be good, doubt I'll get footage though.
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

Last night went well, managed to hold 3rd a few times up the hill but it wanted to bog down. Unfortunately if I used 2nd then I was just on limiter the whole time. Still enjoyed the night, the entries were fun and got plenty of track time.

Daily
    VY Clubsport
    2nd Car
    180sx
    Name
    Sam

looks great! whats the go with 33 gtrs up front one picture, then up front AVS the next?
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

Haha I was wondering if anyone would comment on that. Yeah I had the 33 GTRs up front for the first session, with brand new (cheap) tyres. Turned out to be like jelly, so much understeer and sidewall flex etc. Felt real sketchy turning in on entry, so I luckily I brought my AVS which have 595RSR semis on them and they made a massive difference. Never really experienced playing around with different front tyres during an event so it was definitely helpful to be able to feel the difference.
    Daily
    Cefiro
    2nd Car
    300zx
    Name
    Glen

Car looks good on the track mate.

How well was the night run? was keen to enter, but heard about the "qualifying" on peanut, didn't know if that would hold things up.

Also, what's the rule with passengers? doesn't look like you've got a cage..
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

Thanks Glen, yeah it was actually run well, I was surprised. The qualifying didn't hold anything up. I went over to peanut and Schembri actually remembered me/my car from a previous Hi-Tec skid pan day I did, so he said just go straight out on South.

Being able to take passengers without needing a cage was a winner, the only downside was it was $20 for 6 laps (they give the passenger a sheet and mark how many you've had).

In regards to track time, there were no sessions as such, so just go out whenever you're ready and the lines were small too. Sometimes I came back around to the start line and there was no one waiting. So I had maximum track time and only went through one pair of tyres. Then cruised down to Wollongong to see a friend and back home to Newcastle the next day.
    Daily
    Cefiro
    2nd Car
    300zx
    Name
    Glen

That's awesome, I'll have to hit up the next one for sure, hope they hold a few more.
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

Nothing regarding the Skyline, but thought I'd post a few pics of the 740iL I took this afternoon seeing as the EuroStyleTuning forum is basically inactive.