Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1089

Thread: Jimmy's R32 4dr Skyline - Now Running RB20DET

Daily
    C34 Stagea RWD Manual
    2nd Car
    HR31 Passage (sold)
    Name
    bevan

So good, such an awesome looking car the 740. Such a good shape, and i love the LWB aspect of it
    Daily
    Toyota Hilux
    2nd Car
    Rb25de r32 Skyline
    Name
    Ciaran

Update!!!!
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

There is none!
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

I initially declined the offer to go drifting at Raleigh Raceway again tomorrow, but turns out I caved so now I am making the trek up at 4am tomorrow morning. Wish me luck, we have already lost one car due to an unfortunate defect at a servo. Luckily there was an alternative, with one of my mate's registered cars being towed there so they have swapped places and the defected car will get towed there.

My steering rack is absolutely pissing out fluid, this is the GTS-t rack I fitted about 6 months ago so I'm a bit devo about that. It will feel awful and I'll have to keep topping it up but oh well. Don't have many tyres to use either but I think it's going to rain at least half the day so we'll see.

My decision was made when I decided to see if anyone local-ish had an aftermarket R32 exhaust for sale because I didn't want to make the 5hr drive with my stupid custom system with a thousand leaks. Ended up finding a Fujitsubo stainless system, which is around the same diameter as my old HKS system. The fujitsubo is a lot quieter overall, haven't revved it though. The car is still mega noisy inside which is mainly just all the road noise coming up through the subframe I think.

So that's it, hopefully we get a few pics, maybe some footage although I think I'm giving up on my Contour +2 camera for any in-car footage. I've never had any success with in-car cams (low audio quality shits me).
    Daily
    Toyota Hilux
    2nd Car
    Rb25de r32 Skyline
    Name
    Ciaran

cant wait for photos!
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

I'll have to see if anyone got some photos. I ended up using the Contour for in-car footage but as said, there's something wrong with the microphone as the audio is fucked. Most of the day the track was wet which meant a lot of glare through the front windscreen too. If I cbf I'll upload something but it's not too exciting.

Oh yeah my clutch is pretty much dead too, finally. I didn't notice any slipping throughout the whole day, however now it is really bad. I've never had the box off this car so it's lasted 10 years in my ownership with 15+ track days and a lot of daily driving use. Steering rack is fucked also so I'm just going to let the car sit for a while...
    Daily
    Mitsubishi Triton
    2nd Car
    Toyota Sprinter ae86
    Name
    Nat

Have done the trek from Kempsey back to Newcastle with a slipping clutch after a hillclimb before. Its zero fun haha
    Daily
    Ae71
    Name
    Aleks

come do a peanut night soon ! would be keen to drive with you
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

So I know this goes against the love that I have for NA, but it's finally happening I think.

I'm acquiring some turbo parts to go with the RB20 that I will buying from my brother.

Parts in the pic includes:
    Cheap stainless ex-manifold
    RB25 R33 Series 2 turbo
    JJR Stainless Bellmouth Front & Dump pipe

I also have purchased an R34 side mount cooler just to start with. Have flywheel and new clutch already. Just need boost controller, turbo line kit and some other minor stuff.

The RB20 that I'm buying has had the head refreshed (Brent knows the details as it was going to be his motor), new intake manifold gasket, cam seals, genuine nissan head gasket, and a few other nice refreshments.

Stay tuned!
    Daily
    EG
    2nd Car
    AW11

I also love NA but wow! This is pretty exciting stuff.

I still haven't read your entire thread yet but so far really cool R32, especially love the interior.

Nice work!