Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1089

Thread: Jimmy's R32 4dr Skyline - Now Running RB20DET

Daily
    VY Clubsport
    2nd Car
    180sx
    Name
    Sam

like the idea of rb25 turbo + r34 smic, nice amount of power. From memory my rb20 made 180rwkw with a turnflow cooler and rb25 turbo @ 0.7bar. Was way more fun than when it had a laggy 240rwkw.
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

That's true haha. About 180kw was my goal. Plans may have already changed a little though. My brother may want to keep that RB20 that I was going to buy so all these turbo bits might be best used just bolted onto my current RB25DE...

It should be nicer to drive than the RB20 anyway, I'll just run less boost and it's going to be cheaper for me this way too (and yes I know, people have been telling me to do this for literally years).
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

Bit of progress finally. So we are going with the original plan to put Brent's RB20 in. This weekend I took the RB25.

Backed into my parent's garage.

Thanks to Sean for helping me get it out. Pretty dirty in there so going to give it a good clean and paint the bay again.

Just put this one in storage for now.

Yep definitely not much left on this clutch. It's served me well.

I thought for sure it would have been some sort of aftermarket clutch but turns out it's a stock Nissan clutch. I know it's a low powered car but still not bad for 10 years of ownership and lots of drifting.

Not sure when next update will be.
    Daily
    VFII SS-V Redline
    Name
    Grant

Good progress, finally making the jump to forced induction.

You're right, to have an OEM clutch put up with the punishment of drifting/clutch kick's, even NA is pretty good.
    Daily
    VY Clubsport
    2nd Car
    180sx
    Name
    Sam

right on! looking forward to more drift vids
    Banned
    Daily
    2009 Kia Rio
    2nd Car
    R32 GTS4 Skyline

Nice to see you going turbo power
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

Pictureless update - The RB20DET started first kick without any dramas today with the help of Sean and Brent getting it finalised. Just running on actuator pressure (10psi) at the moment on the R34 RB25 turbo and RB20 side mount cooler so very basic setup. Runs very smooth and pulls nicely for what it is. Drifting at Raleigh this weekend so that will be a good test.

In other details, I am now running S14 rack. Needs an alignment but drives okay so far. I still think my steering feels a bit weird compared to other R32s I've driven so I need to investigate this more.
    Banned
    Daily
    2009 Kia Rio
    2nd Car
    R32 GTS4 Skyline

Souns like it\s coming along
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

So last update the engine bay was left looking like this. Pretty messy.

Decided to do the bay in the same spray can colour I did the interior in.

Kitty is checking if it's all good.

Masking is off. I also re-painted the black around the headlights which makes the bay look neater overall. Also makes sure the light doesn't disperse where it's not meant to. You can see what they looked like in previous post with pictures above.

Exedy lightweight flywheel installed

Just new basic heavy duty Exedy clutch

All bolted on, ready for the gearbox.

Here it is installed. 32 house once again. Brent was prepping for a circuit day at Wakefield Park.

Finished product.

I must note that after driving the car the one time, I noticed a coolant leak and it ended up being a hose near the top of the bay which looks easy to replace however it required me to remove the whole intake manifold to replace it. I took photos but I can't be bothered posting about it in here, so I finished up re-assembling everything tonight. I'm hoping I've fixed the leak, and also hoping no other leaks have developed as a result of me taking everything apart again. We'll see tomorrow when I can start the car again.

I'm also in the process of swapping my 4.6 ratio diff to a 4.3 ratio one I have, just to see if some of the rear end noise is reduced. I quite like the 4.6's but the car will perform fine with 4.3s for now also.
    Daily
    Cefiro
    2nd Car
    300zx
    Name
    Glen

Engine bay looks tops! Covers look great. Is that coil pack cover ARC, or home made jobbie?