Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 49899293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimmy's R32 4dr Skyline - Now Running RB20DET

Daily
    Sunday Model C
    2nd Car
    1J MX83
    Name
    Jacob

More pics/videos of stock auto open diff 31!
    Daily
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Name
    Jason

Car still looking mintaa Jimmeh =D
    Drift clips were awesome too. =)
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

Thanks

Aleks - Couldn't have been better weather dude. Was pretty cold obviously in the early hours of the morning but I love driving up North. It's really nice.

Jakroyds - As per your request

Brent's R31 - Did well!

And just another random one of mine.

Tailshaft issue

I forgot to mention somewhere in this thread prior to drifting at Raleigh I swapped out my tailshaft (1pc) for my mate's stock 2pc tailshaft who lives across the road. I dunno if I said before or not that I was getting pretty bad vibrations at about 100kmh and over.

I was convinced it was the driveshafts from being so low all the time, but putting the stock tailshaft pretty much eliminated the vibrations.

I know my car isn't going to be smooth because of all the rose joints and solid bushes etc but there's definitely something up with the tailshaft. I also must mention that it was originally made for the ABS diff housing that was in the car when I got it. I since put the non ABS housing (shorter) in when the 4.6 gears went in, so the tailshaft sits out of the box more than it was designed for.

So I've put my tailshaft back in now and am going to do something about it when I get back from Japan (leave in just under 4 weeks).

Also got around to fixing my drivers window this weekend. It was a bit of an intermittent problem for a while, and I could hit the door and it would go up/down sometimes. But eventually it died all together. It wasn't a hard fix in the end but I didn't do much research before I decided to purchase a motor/regulator assembly from Japanese Import Spares haha.

Before I pulled it all apart I plugged in the new motor to see if it worked, which it didn't. So I took a look at the relay box on the door.

I fucking hate all this sticky shit behind the plastic. I threw the plastic in the bin after I stepped on it twice. It's like stepping on chewing gum.

This little box.

Oh. Circuits n shit.

Turns out it's just a broken solder joint to one of the pins as you can see here in the pic. Resoldered and works mint now!

And a shitty iPhone pic to finish off the update. The week following Raleigh, 2 of my AVS went flat which was highly inconvenient as I didn't want to be driving around on mismatched wheels. The following weekend I sussed them out. One had a screw in it, and the other had a crappy valve so I got them fixed up when I got all my tyres removed that had been drifted.

Daily
    Sunday Model C
    2nd Car
    1J MX83
    Name
    Jacob

Haha awesome! Love the pics of the stocko 31

Also loving the AVS. Picked up a cheap 17x8 +35 pair for my MX83, just need another pair to make a nice daily driving set. Something so cool about the old school style of them.
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

Yeah man they would suit the 83 nicely too!

Loving the weather at the moment, definitely was colder last year at this time.

I occasionally head down to the beach on my lunch break at work. I don't have lunch at the office as I don't have any friends yet haha. Very content with how my car drives/feels at the moment too.

Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

So next week on Thursday morning I fly out to Japan. Must admit this has come up very quick.

Am still in the process of finalising my car but I have confirmed which car I want now. Some of you may have seen it advertised on PV.

It's a Black RB20 R32 2dr with some rear end damage.

Has some mods such as aftermarket LSD, clutch, TEIN coilovers, lock spacers, HKS boost controller, FMIC, CR kai wheels, kakimoto exhaust, remapped ECU and some others.

One of the issues is the turbo is stuffed/noisy so I have asked them to put aside an R33 RB25 turbo which I will fit myself when I get there.

Daily
    R33 4 Door
    2nd Car
    Cefiro

engine bay is clean as, youll have a ball at Ebisu
    Daily
    Volvo

sweet wheel work dude, have a sick time in the jay pann. get heaps of footage.
    Daily
    s13
    2nd Car
    ke38
    Name
    david

cars looking sick as usual dude Raliegh looked fun
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    Nissan R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

Thanks guys, will do my best to document the trip.