Aleks - Couldn't have been better weather dude. Was pretty cold obviously in the early hours of the morning but I love driving up North. It's really nice.
Jakroyds - As per your request
Brent's R31 - Did well!
And just another random one of mine.
I forgot to mention somewhere in this thread prior to drifting at Raleigh I swapped out my tailshaft (1pc) for my mate's stock 2pc tailshaft who lives across the road. I dunno if I said before or not that I was getting pretty bad vibrations at about 100kmh and over.
I was convinced it was the driveshafts from being so low all the time, but putting the stock tailshaft pretty much eliminated the vibrations.
I know my car isn't going to be smooth because of all the rose joints and solid bushes etc but there's definitely something up with the tailshaft. I also must mention that it was originally made for the ABS diff housing that was in the car when I got it. I since put the non ABS housing (shorter) in when the 4.6 gears went in, so the tailshaft sits out of the box more than it was designed for.
So I've put my tailshaft back in now and am going to do something about it when I get back from Japan (leave in just under 4 weeks).
Also got around to fixing my drivers window this weekend. It was a bit of an intermittent problem for a while, and I could hit the door and it would go up/down sometimes. But eventually it died all together. It wasn't a hard fix in the end but I didn't do much research before I decided to purchase a motor/regulator assembly from Japanese Import Spares haha.
Before I pulled it all apart I plugged in the new motor to see if it worked, which it didn't. So I took a look at the relay box on the door.
I fucking hate all this sticky shit behind the plastic. I threw the plastic in the bin after I stepped on it twice. It's like stepping on chewing gum.
This little box.
Oh. Circuits n shit.
Turns out it's just a broken solder joint to one of the pins as you can see here in the pic. Resoldered and works mint now!
And a shitty iPhone pic to finish off the update. The week following Raleigh, 2 of my AVS went flat which was highly inconvenient as I didn't want to be driving around on mismatched wheels. The following weekend I sussed them out. One had a screw in it, and the other had a crappy valve so I got them fixed up when I got all my tyres removed that had been drifted.