Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: BYP's Civic Racecar

Daily
    A31
    2nd Car
    Plethora
    Name
    Justin

Adored this car flying down the main straight.

I'll pop in and visit you dudes tomorrow, to see how you're going.
    "They are desmonds, i know cos i was there when dave rail-slid them all way up ellison rd like tony hawk"
    Daily
    tinbox
    2nd Car
    8MR
    Name
    Michael

Saw this at WTAC, fucking fast and loud, honda REPRESENT!
    Daily
    Mini Cooper S JCW
    Name
    Jason

The car sounded tits! So very nice. Hope you guys got some good times today!
    Daily
    Toyota

so loud, awesome car.
    Daily
    FG Falcon

good stuff, looking good. congrats!
    Daily
    [PACM4N] Clubspec Evo 4 WRX

Sound bloody awesome at Superlap
    Well done on the car
    Daily
    EVO 8 MR
    2nd Car
    BYP Honda Civic
    Name
    Jimmy

What a crazy 3 days of Motorsport for the team!

It started off on thursday practice. Practice didnt go as planned with a stupid fuse box wire decided to become loose. We lost a good session trying to work out this problem. What a headache. We finally got on the track with everything in good working order. Put down a reasonable time before the alloy exhaust decided to put a hole in itself. Troubles with the exhaust the car was packed up and made a quick trip back to Liverpool Exhaust for a mild steel system. Big Props to Shev and the boys @ Liverpool Exhaust for making up a new system in one hour. Car finally got back to Eastern Creek with its final prep for tomorrow's first run. So practice a day wasnt really practice, managing only 3 laps out of the whole day sorting out bugs. At least it happen on thursday than on Friday

Superlap Day 1
    With a special delivery from JDMyard, a new throttle body was installed on the car before the first run of the day. The old OBX Throttle body didnt hold up and was a real handful to drive with a sticky throttle. All ready to go, a S15 driving decided to break the lap record on his warm up lap. Totalled the car @ turn 5, resulting in a red flag. With only a warm up lap for group 2 in Open, everyone thought they would have a re-run of some sort. Organiser decieded to keep to a strict schedule and cancelled group 2 Open Class run and let group 3 Open Class on. Group 3 Open Class were simply keep in the dark, with a few competitor only managing one lap before the session was over. An angry Group 2 Open Class asked for answer from the event organiser and they simply said 'Bad luck.' With a schedule of only 3 runs on a day, we've lost one run less compared to our competitor to bank in a lap time. We know our tyres were good, condition were ideal in the morning and we lost a good opportunity to put in some laptimes.

Sitting around for 2 hours for the next run @ 1pm, i searched for some answers. Asked some of the cars in the group 2 about their thoughts regarding our cancelled run. They weren't impressed and were pretty pissed off, rightly so.

So its 1pm now, I geared up and was ready to let it ripped in session 2. First lap out 1:41.2 then was held up with a few cars. Dissapointed with the traffic, but what a time for the first lap. I wasnt even pushing the car, the grip level and speed were amazing. Sitting back after that session, the team analyse the data, and 1:40's are on the car. Unfortunately for session 3, track temps were a little higher and the team forgot to compensate for this. I guess it was our inexperience at the track to think of this. Managed a few 1:42's in the session with a sense of dissapointment. Cant do much now, but to get the car ready for tomorrow.

Peter from Modified Magazine approached us later that afternoon, asking for a possible feature of the car. Getting put in an international magazine, i simply answered 'yes, sure thing ill be honoured' He was simply liking what we did to the car and coming from a Honda background himself, he was drawn to the car. Peter spent a good 2 hours for the photoshoot in the pit lane late that evening. At this stage, the team was happy with the lap time from day 1 and a feature in Modified Magazine was a huge bonus

Superlap Day 2

The team didnt need to do much to the car for its first run on Saturday. Tyre pressure was checked and we were ready to the first session. First lap again was a 1:41.2 followed by a 1:41.5. Tyres had abit too much pressure so off to pits for a quick check. Coming out from a quick pit stop the session was over. Cant believe that was 15mins, what a rort!

Now we have a good 4 hours before the next run @ 2:30. Everything was running late due to the drifter's. I was hating this event even more. So I got sent off for session 2, got some hero in a Red EVO 6 decided to pass me on the warm up lap. So i let him be and lead the way. Evo 6 driver decided to stay behind another EVO 9 driver slowly the pace down on the warm up lap. I had no choice but to stick to them as John Boston in the s2000 was coming up real quick. Down the main straight the car pulled the EVO 6, thinking he might have the courtesy to move over. He keep his line forcing me to over take coming into turn 2. Then things went south, the car decided to run on 3 cylinders, so i had no choice but the pit. Unfortunately, its was more terminal than first inspected, something has gone wrong in cylinder 1. The spark plug has been damaged and thats not a good sign. The team has cut their superlap campaign sort and called it the quits. There's nothing the team could do to quick fix the problem. Very dissapointed with what happened, but thats motorsport i guess.

Overall, it was a huge event for the spectators. Very dissapointed with event organisers and what happen to the engine. On a positive note, the team is extremely happy to do the lap times it has achieved with its limited time over the two days. I hope the car has lived up to its expectation with its fans and supporters. We know the car has low 1:40's in it yesterday but due to mechanical failure it couldnt happen. We'll be knocking on the 1:39's but the end of the year. Again, Thanks for everyones support and our sponsors

1:41.2 Video Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcdbwOMfCig
    Last edited by fatboyz39; 23-05-10 at 05:52 PM.
    BYP Racing & Developments
    Built. Tuned. Driven
    XMR86X

Absolutely loved hearing and seeing this on the track, sounded soo insane. Shame about the misfortunes of the event and not pulling the times the cars capable of. It was awesome effort you put in, and watching the progress to superlap. Thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of this cars buildup, well done.
    Daily
    ZC31S
    2nd Car
    ZC21S
    Name
    Pat

Was great seeing you guys out there! Its a bitch wat happened but we all know you guys can get better times =)

And also congrats on the modified magazine feature!! i reckon they love your concept BUILT TUNED DRIVEN!! Respect guys
    Daily
    type x
    2nd Car
    aprilia rs125

saw this at superlap yesterday
    and i gotta say what a fkn loud crazy thing!
    wd to the brothers!

this was the highlight of my day there.