Thread: VTECMACHINE's DC2R

Daily
    Honda S2000 (AP2)
    2nd Car
    London Underground
    Name
    Rix

Quote Originally Posted by morerevs View Post
    I really love the cage setup in the back. Is that really street legal? Would love something like that in my EK!
    Yes, the whole car was street legal and all engineered. It's just a Cusco Safety 21 cage. It helped alot with rigidity. The DC chassis is like cardboard.
    Daily
    XR5 Turbo
    Name
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
    Yes, the whole car was street legal and all engineered. It's just a Cusco Safety 21 cage. It helped alot with rigidity. The DC chassis is like cardboard.
    I read somewhere that the dc2r had one of the best fwd chassis' of its time??
    Daily
    ITR
    2nd Car
    Cinelli Mash
    Name
    Tim

You stole my number plates!!! LOL

Great photos.
    Daily
    Honda S2000 (AP2)
    2nd Car
    London Underground
    Name
    Rix

Quote Originally Posted by AusScare View Post
    I read somewhere that the dc2r had one of the best fwd chassis' of its time??
    Best FWD setup as a whole. It's the definately the best FWD car (Not sure if Megan R26 counts). The chassis is based of old Civic chassis, and is horrible. You only really notice when you strip away the roll bars and strut bars etc.

DC2R's need a rear sway bar, fender braces and if you aren't putting in a cage then you need a floor room bar. Don't need a c-pillar brace, these do nothing lol.
    Daily
    R33 GTS-T

Great interview! Ricki i remember u washing ur car in the freezing cold at night outside touge tune lol instantly knew u loved ur car haha
    Daily
    2ZZ Celica.
    Name
    Omer

Great car, great interview !

Best FWD setup as a whole. It's the definately the best FWD car (Not sure if Megan R26 counts). The chassis is based of old Civic chassis, and is horrible. You only really notice when you strip away the roll bars and strut bars etc.

DC2R's need a rear sway bar, fender braces and if you aren't putting in a cage then you need a floor room bar. Don't need a c-pillar brace, these do nothing lol.
    This shit quality chassis must be the reason why the Type R hasn't won any best FWD drivers car awards, and hasn't seen any acclaim in any magazines.

Must definately be why it has a shit following in the US too.

Daily
    Honda S2000 (AP2)
    2nd Car
    London Underground
    Name
    Rix

If you like cardboard chassis's, then good for you.

I did mention it has the "Best FWD setup as a whole" - reason why it's won best FWD awards etc etc. Go drive a FD Civic, you'll easily be able to see why the DC Chassis is shit. DC2R's are the best though, I miss mine so much!

If you like cardboard chassis's, then good for you.

I did mention it has the "Best FWD setup as a whole" - reason why it's won best FWD awards etc etc. Go drive a FD Civic, you'll easily be able to see why the DC Chassis is shit. DC2R's are the best though, I miss mine so much!
    Sorry man I forgot you were the expert.
    Daily
    DC2R

Sh1t I only have stock sways and a c pillar bar
    Maybe I will try a room bar later