Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Alignment: Specs and Theories

Grand Sword Bearer Trolls Royce's Avatar
    Daily
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by eniryks View Post
    why is tis going to exactly's now what are you trying to prove you started a thread looking for help and now you want to start debaiting theories with some one who you know nothing about?
    No, I started a thread looking to create discussion.

I'm asking straight forward questions about these theories. Where is the problem?
    Daily
    Name
    Chris

So based on exactly what you said, you believe that a car with 40hp, running 1 degree toe out, will be as fast as a car with 20hp, neutral toe. Right?

hahaha last time you started asking questions like this i remember where it went,

look mate this is th theory i have been told, the people that told me about this have been hired to fix the suspension issues in car's like ian pretty's gt40 chris standfords gt rs a mozler 24 hour car and a few of the world rally teams, so look take it as you will but this is exactly what they have told me it is not a i have said it is a what i have been told by by people that do it for a living.
    My point is that you can't give it a blanket rule of 20hp per degree of toe. It doesn't work. While I'm sure that the increased drag of running toe out has the potential to affect both your straight-line speed and acceleration, and that could be countered by an increase in horsepower, it's not just a figure of 15-20hp in every single case. Like I said before, it's going to be a sliding scale dependant on a lot more than just how much toe out you run.
    Daily
    Boss Baller 180sx
    2nd Car
    sil80

Front
    Camber: -4.5 degrees
    Toe : 4mm out total
    Caster : 8 degrees

Rear
    Camber: -3
    Toe: 0mm toe

yeah its currently fked.
    Daily
    Shitty Rail
    2nd Car
    Toaster
    Name
    Reggie

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Brocaine View Post
    So based on exactly what you said, you believe that a car with 40hp, running 1 degree toe out, will be as fast as a car with 20hp, neutral toe. Right?
    just looking in the point of view of DRAG, anything other than neutral will generate drag that will diminish straight line speed. But at the end of the day, racing are won in corners.
    Quote Originally Posted by narada View Post
    Nothing else mattered but the next corner coming up.
    roadsterlife.net - the road is my paper, the roadster is my pen, and the journey is my story

poortography@tumblr - photography by me
    Daily
    Name
    Chris

yep the more toe you pull the more drag you have so 2 deg would be double of 1, i did also say it was between 15-20 hp so that could be your varient that you are looking for i am not pinning it exactly on 1 figure as you are trying to.

i am sure there is varients in there i am only stating what i have been told
    It amazes me how you can raise such a good initial point and then throw it all out the window.

I never actually disagreed with you, all I did was point out that the calculation of losses is far more complex and wide ranging than 15-20hp.
    Daily
    Work hack..
    2nd Car
    MY12 XTP
    Name
    Chris

This sort of reminds of the Dyno drivetrain loss debate.. I can see where rock is coming from, my Rex with ~200kw@fly would make around ~150kw@w (say 25% loss) which seems to be general of thumb for dyno talk.. So
    Does that mean I need 1000hp@fly to make 750hp@w .. I think that's what rock is getting at.. Youre friend worked on race/rally cars, high amounts of engineering/power etc etc so the 'losses' would be more apparent noticeable on a larger power scale then on say you average road car, it all reacts in relativity
    Daily
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by -EGA.2.90- View Post
    This sort of reminds of the Dyno drivetrain loss debate.. I can see where rock is coming from, my Rex with ~200kw@fly would make around ~150kw@w (say 25% loss) which seems to be general of thumb for dyno talk.. So
    Does that mean I need 1000hp@fly to make 750hp@w .. I think that's what rock is getting at.. Youre friend worked on race/rally cars, high amounts of engineering/power etc etc so the 'losses' would be more apparent noticeable on a larger power scale then on say you average road car, it all reacts in relativity
    Exactly. Like I said, a sliding scale.
    Daily
    Honda S2000 (AP2)
    2nd Car
    London Underground
    Name
    Rix

Oi Rock Brocaine. YM. That is all...

Oh also, nice screamer pipe.
    Daily
    Lada

Quote Originally Posted by AYCMACHINE View Post
    Oi Rock Brocaine. YM. That is all...

Oh also, nice screamer pipe.
    Screamer?
    Daily
    '98 Mitsi Galant
    Name
    Mark

Plus tyres are going to play a big part in how much the toe effects straight line speed..

For example a GTR running 265 semis vs my Corolla running 205 RE001 street tyres