Thread: Dekotora

Daily
    MKV R32 Golf
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R

Dekotora

Dekotora - definition and discussion.

References:
    JDMST Dekotora Picture Thread: http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...kotora-Thread-!!!
    Last edited by Justin Fox; 09-11-10 at 05:38 PM.
    Daily
    RPS13

The Dekotora or Decotora (デコトラ dekotora?), an abbreviation for "Decoration Truck", is a kind of loudly decorated truck most commonly found in Japan. Dekotora commonly have neon or ultraviolet lights, extravagant paints, and shiny stainless or golden exterior parts. These decorations can be found on both the cab and the trailer, and not only on the exterior but also in the interior. Dekotora may be created by workers out of their work trucks for fun, or they may be designed by hobbyists for special events. They are sometimes also referred to as Art Trucks (アートトラック) ātotorakku)?).
    Note that Dekotora does not refer to vehicles used for advertisements, political campaigns or propaganda.

Can't remember where I read it...but IIRC one theory of the origins of dekotora is from truckers in coastal areas of Japan, where the salt air rusted out the panels quite quickly. So stainless panels were fabbed up as replacements, and it all went from there.

Here's the perfect tow vehicle for a JDM-style track car

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog...otora-tow-rig/

...and there's the Wii video game too: http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog...ora-tora-tora/
    Daily
    Toyota Windom

Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Here's the perfect tow vehicle for a JDM-style track car

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog...otora-tow-rig/
    LOL i had exactly the same idea (again shoulda read ahead to avoid double posting) It would be awsome.

Its very late and i should stop posting crap now lol
    Grand Sword Bearer Trolls Royce's Avatar
    Daily
    Name
    Chris

I've always wondered what these trucks are actually used for. Do people just drive them around doing normal truck stuff? Or do they have a daily truck and they only drive these things on weekends?

I've seen a few vids where gusy have said that they have a "show truck" and a "work truck" but the work truck is still dekotora'd to a certain extent.

This is prolly a good place to put this
    Daily
    Honda
    2nd Car
    Ford
    Name
    ahsan

Beside speed tests and modified car features, other regular features includes, a rate-my-car feature where readers send a photo of their car to be judged by Manabu Suzuki, with a comedic result; a monthly features, where Keiichi Tsuchiya solves readers' problems that concern with drifting, a monthly column called Sugoiyo Osaru-chin (すごいよ! オサルさん) by Ken Nomura. Also it has a D1GP mini-magazine. Other contributors includes Eiji Yamada pass4sure comptia security+ pdf
    and Manabu Orido. The magazine also covered the build up to his Silver State exploits that he has become known for. Other magazines in the Option line are Option 2, a similar magazine but less emphasises on feature cars but more on technical bits and DIY modifications; Option Wagon for modified MPV, Drift Tengoku, a magazine and video series dedicated to drifting and Video Option. The Option magazine is known to be very popular amongst JDM enthusiasts and people who work in the Import industry who use it to gain knowledge on new parts.