Thread: Daikoku Futo

Daily
    Bussin' it
    2nd Car
    Feet
    Name
    Benson

Daikoku Futo

Daikoku Futo is located south-west of the Tokyo Bay, on the Daikoku Pier, nearby the Yokohama Bay Bridge. It is among the best car meeting areas in Japan, alongside Shibaura and Tatsumi parking areas.

Numerous meetings happen every month. Numerous styles are represented.

Quite often it's a staging point for street racing, but it's also just a place for styles (and sometimes makes and models of cars) to meet and hang out.

References:
    http://wiki.nfsunlimited.net/wiki/Daikoku_Futo
    http://www.7tune.com/daikoku-futo-panorama/

Some examples of events held at Daikoku Futo:
    http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009...eeting-p1.aspx
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNdRMs8al3I
    http://www.7tune.com/daikoku-futo-kaidou-racers/

Directions posted up by dopey:

"For those visiting Japan who want to go to Daikoku Futo, but do not have access to a ride or a car (or for that matter, for anyone who can't drive to Daikoku Futo for whatever reason), the following are instructions on how to get there by train/taxi:

From Tokyo/anywhere other than Yokohama - essentially you will want to first take a train to the nearest train station to Daikoku, from where you can then take a taxi (this is the most economical method). Alternatively, you could simply get to Yokohama station, a very large/major station, and take a cab from there, if you don't mind parting with a few more yen (maybe 3000 yen extra, not sure but at least??)

Or, if you happen to be in Yokohama already, and don't want to get on a train again (or especially, if you are at the tourist spots of Yokohama Chinatown or Yamashita Park - in which case it makes no sense to get on the train, you're already really close to Daikoku!), skip down to the Taxi section below:

Train:
    Several train companies will take you to Yokohama station(横浜駅). JR East, Tokyu, Keihin Kyuko all go there. Note some train lines may be faster than others (ie JR Tokaido line.). At Yokohama station, transfer to the JR Keihin Tohoku line. From there, take this train and get off at the third stop after Yokohama station, Ishikawa-cho station (石川町駅). This might be the easiest route if you begin your journey on JR (as the transfer is easy, and you only pay for one ticket).

Alternatively, if you feel a bit more adventurous, you can transfer at Yokohama station to the Minato-Mirai line, run by another transit company (if you came on JR, exit the JR gates, then purchase another ticket at the Minato-Mirai line gates). Here, get on the Minato-Mirai train, and get off at the fifth and last stop, Motomachi\Chukagai station (元町・中華街駅).

Taxi:
    As you exit either station, head towards the taxi stands (タクシー). Japanese taxis, you enter on the left side (watch the automatic door!).

Ask the taxi driver to take you to the
    DAI KOKU FU TOH PEE AY. (P.A., or PARKING AREA).

Here's the characters - 大黒埠頭PA.

If you can print out this message - point to the following message:

大黒埠頭PAまでお願いします。毎晩走りやなどが集まる駐車場です。首都高速道路神奈川5号大 黒線及び湾岸 線が通過しており、大黒ジャンクションと大黒パーキングエリアがあります。そのパーキングエリ アまでお願い します。

If the first one doesn't understand, try the next cab.

To get BACK, it is highly advisable that you check and confirm with a local member on this board and arrange a ride back to the nearest station. The trains will generally stop running around 2330~2415 (the last runs of the night may not go all the way to Tokyo, btw), so plan accordingly (ie if you get on a train by 2300, you should be ok).

Who knows, if the locals are nice/in a good mood, they may even drive you back to Tokyo if they are headed that way!

Good luck!"
    Last edited by somos; 19-11-10 at 06:28 PM.
    Daily
    2010 Lexus IS F

I wanted to go last trip, but you really need someone with a car to take you (which I did not have) as there is no train station close by...

Actually looking at google maps, maybe alight at Motomachi Chukagai then walk across the bridge?
    Daily
    HC3S/N15/B7

I've been there! It was a real bitch to get to... if you miss the turn-off you've gotta circle around which takes a while. Eventually got there though - it was on a quiet night, but there were still a heap of amazing cars that turned up. Was a cool spot to just chill out for a while after hours of cruising the streets in the R35.

Daily
    Sileighty
    Name
    Michael

Daikoku Futo is a magical place.. i hired a Z34 and went there at 12 on a saturday night.. theres no place on earth more epic for JDM car people.

The epic thing is, there was a HUGE range of different styled cars there, from Bozo, "sex spec", VIP, sound system monsters and ofcourse high Horse Power Wangan monsters, and they were all getting along in the one spot! ill upload some photos i took there when im home!

Quote Originally Posted by dopey View Post
    Was a cool spot to just chill out for a while after hours of cruising the streets in the R35.

Pshhhh, get a load of this guy. Ballin' in an R35 like it ain't no thing.
    Daily
    Tangara
    2nd Car
    Honda Mirage

lol didn't even park properly

Actually I was planning a trip there early next year when the Tokyo Auto Salon is on, where did you guys manage to hire your cars from? All the places I've found were for shitty cars.
    Daily
    Scrapin'
    2nd Car
    SR400

so this like the livo KK's of japan or something?
    Daily
    S15 Sil
    2nd Car
    MK Troll
    Name
    Kevin DV14NT

added to the list of things to do before i die.

sick.
    [Eat - Sleep - Drift]
    Daily
    Honda Civic
    2nd Car
    Nissan Silvia S15
    Name
    Peter

I was so tempted to go there when i went to japan. I thought about catching a cab down but then i will be stranded afterwards. HAHA
    Daily
    Honda Civic
    2nd Car
    Nissan Silvia S15
    Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by wngo View Post
    so this like the livo KK's of japan or something?
    Nah KK Livo is much crazier than this..
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast