Daily
    Bike/Lancer
    2nd Car
    '84 Porsche 944
    Name
    Blake

Quote Originally Posted by OVTEC View Post
    lol didn't even park properly

Actually I was planning a trip there early next year when the Tokyo Auto Salon is on, where did you guys manage to hire your cars from? All the places I've found were for shitty cars.
    Same here, if you go through Nissan or Mazda rent a car you can get 370z's, skylines, roadsters and rx-8's.

Orix does the R35 rentals but that 'll be stretching my budget a bit too far

If you guys have any recommendations on performance car hire please let me know!
    Daily
    HC3S/N15/B7

When I wasn't in the R35 I had a Mazda Alexa which I got from Mazda Hire.

The R35 I hired through Premium Rent-a-car http://www.premium-rent.com
    Daily
    None
    2nd Car
    2011 Giant Talon 3
    Name
    Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by wngo View Post
    so this like the livo KK's of japan or something?
    Yeah except better and there aren't as many F-wits
    Daily
    Bike/Lancer
    2nd Car
    '84 Porsche 944
    Name
    Blake

Quote Originally Posted by dopey View Post
    When I wasn't in the R35 I had a Mazda Alexa which I got from Mazda Hire.

The R35 I hired through Premium Rent-a-car http://www.premium-rent.com
    Their prices are actually pretty reasonable! I might have to treat myself...
    Daily
    Bussin' it
    2nd Car
    Feet
    Name
    Benson

Quote Originally Posted by wngo View Post
    so this like the livo KK's of japan or something?
    But on a good night the whole parking lot (about 500 car spaces) can be filled, with quality looking cars.
    Daily
    HC3S/N15/B7

Some Handy directions for anyone who wants to get there without a car, borrowed from Aki @ GTR.co.uk

For those visiting Japan who want to go to Daikoku Futo, but do not have access to a ride or a car (or for that matter, for anyone who can't drive to Daikoku Futo for whatever reason), the following are instructions on how to get there by train/taxi:

From Tokyo/anywhere other than Yokohama - essentially you will want to first take a train to the nearest train station to Daikoku, from where you can then take a taxi (this is the most economical method). Alternatively, you could simply get to Yokohama station, a very large/major station, and take a cab from there, if you don't mind parting with a few more yen (maybe 3000 yen extra, not sure but at least??)

Or, if you happen to be in Yokohama already, and don't want to get on a train again (or especially, if you are at the tourist spots of Yokohama Chinatown or Yamashita Park - in which case it makes no sense to get on the train, you're already really close to Daikoku!), skip down to the Taxi section below:

Train:
    Several train companies will take you to Yokohama station(横浜駅). JR East, Tokyu, Keihin Kyuko all go there. Note some train lines may be faster than others (ie JR Tokaido line.). At Yokohama station, transfer to the JR Keihin Tohoku line. From there, take this train and get off at the third stop after Yokohama station, Ishikawa-cho station (石川町駅). This might be the easiest route if you begin your journey on JR (as the transfer is easy, and you only pay for one ticket).

Alternatively, if you feel a bit more adventurous, you can transfer at Yokohama station to the Minato-Mirai line, run by another transit company (if you came on JR, exit the JR gates, then purchase another ticket at the Minato-Mirai line gates). Here, get on the Minato-Mirai train, and get off at the fifth and last stop, Motomachi\Chukagai station (元町・中華街駅).

Taxi:
    As you exit either station, head towards the taxi stands (タクシー). Japanese taxis, you enter on the left side (watch the automatic door!).

Ask the taxi driver to take you to the
    DAI KOKU FU TOH PEE AY. (P.A., or PARKING AREA).

Here's the characters - 大黒埠頭PA.

If you can print out this message - point to the following message:

大黒埠頭PAまでお願いします。毎晩走りやなどが集まる駐車場です。首都高速道路神奈川5号大 黒線及び湾岸 線が通過しており、大黒ジャンクションと大黒パーキングエリアがあります。そのパーキングエリ アまでお願い します。

If the first one doesn't understand, try the next cab.

To get BACK, it is highly advisable that you check and confirm with a local member on this board and arrange a ride back to the nearest station. The trains will generally stop running around 2330~2415 (the last runs of the night may not go all the way to Tokyo, btw), so plan accordingly (ie if you get on a train by 2300, you should be ok).

Who knows, if the locals are nice/in a good mood, they may even drive you back to Tokyo if they are headed that way!

Good luck!
    Daily
    Sileighty
    Name
    Michael

Some of the action i saw earlier this year!

Daily
    Honda Civic
    2nd Car
    Nissan Silvia S15
    Name
    Peter

Thats some crazy shiet! have to go there next time. surely
    Daily
    ZRE152
    2nd Car
    AE71, HJ60, SA63.
    Name
    Dan

I really hope I can get to Daikoku Futo when I'm in Japan!

I've tried to contact the Rental Company for an R35 for 24 hours but no reply yet

Where did you guys hire cars from ?

Dan
    Daily
    CITY RAIL

I'll have to wear adult nappies when I go, or bring a lot of pants along. Kinda hard to walk around with your pants full of jizz.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast