Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Daikoku Futo

Daily
    AE94 Corolla
    2nd Car
    AE92 Levin
    Name
    Matt

Bahaha where the hell could you park that boso batmobile van thing XD (at home i mean...)

Awesome. I have always wanted to go to Japan, and when I do, this is something that i'm going to see. Thanks for the tip dreadangel, as much as I hate winter, that sounds more epic
    Daily
    Miyu [Sometime]
    2nd Car
    Mimi [Sometime]

Npz ^_^

Most of those batmobiles have only a parking bay with no cover either on the road in front of the house or on the land itself there is a little bay to park their car. If enough money it'll have a carport. Only a uber rich Japanese citizen can afford to 'use' precious house space to integrate a garage into the house. Don't forget thief there is very very seldom, I remember seeing Supercars parked under carports when I first visited and though they're insane but after staying there for a while, you get use to not haven't a car alarm or locking your car lolz...
    Daily
    1990 BNR32
    2nd Car
    H230
    Name
    Jason

ill be back at this mighty carpark in sept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Daily
    Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    Name
    Dan

Anyone gonna be there in October?? I'm making a trip over and this is on my bucket list...
    Daily
    CD5 Accord, S13 Silvia
    2nd Car
    810 200B S12 Gazelle
    Name
    Jarich

For anyone driving over beware that getting into and out of the carpark part and into and out of the island part (where people will be drifting) you need to go different ways, you can get out of the carpark just fine, but getting back in is a PITA. I think the first time i went there i drove accross the bay bridge three times working it out hahahaha!
    No way in hell would i walk from motomachi chukagai, that bridge is freakin huge and i'm not even sure if you CAN walk on it!
    I was puffing and panting just walking up the hill from motomachi chukagai to where my ex gf worked haha!

Randomly when I DID walk up there i recognised the park there from a manga i was reading at the time, wierd!

And completely unrelated.

Oh yeah it's not ALWAYS a car mecca, i've been there when it's been quite empty, like 2 cars, usually there are vans with massive sound systems, but often there isn't much in the way of performance and the drifters aren't always there either. If they DO drift the corner right outisde the carpark area you can sit on the wall of the parking area and see them without leaving the carpark though .
    Daily
    Bike/Lancer
    2nd Car
    '84 Porsche 944
    Name
    Blake

Some pics from my trip in Jan:

Wangan Midnight by Blake T Jones, on Flickr

edit-4155 by Blake T Jones, on Flickr

5-0 by Blake T Jones, on Flickr

しゃこたん by Blake T Jones, on Flickr

Your own little neon wonderland by Blake T Jones, on Flickr

板者 by Blake T Jones, on Flickr

edit-4133 by Blake T Jones, on Flickr

edit-4101 by Blake T Jones, on Flickr

You lookin' at me? by Blake T Jones, on Flickr

This Bosozoku gang pretty much took over the place. The guy looking at the camera came up to me after I took the photo & I was expecting trouble. He starts doing these ridiculous poses so I snap away. Motions for me to get on the bike. I throw my better judgement aside and hop on...

Still alive to tell the story but I was holding on for my life haha. One of many ridiculous Japan experiences!
    Daily
    R35 GTR
    2nd Car
    EVO 9 WAGON
    Name
    Joe

Ohhhh....the memories....

My wife and I use to meet our friends there every friday and saturday night without fail when we were living there. They use to drift just outside of there whenever they werent hassled by the cops.
    We then use to head off with them to other hangouts/carparks and then after 1pm head off to a certain carpark where they hangout for a while then head off to the industrial area nearby and watch the drifting for at least an hour before cops came. I use to have about 100hrs of footage on my video camera until it decided to pack it in and lost all memory.....

I miss that place so bad... Its only 10mins drive from our office in Yokohama....
    Daily
    Evo VIII MR
    Name
    Kory

totally going there when i head over to Japan next year!
    Daily
    Daihatsu Mira L200
    2nd Car
    Honda Civic EF9
    Name
    Jeremy

all these pictures really make me want to go japan
    Daily
    Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    Name
    Dan

Car is hired and hotel is booked in Yokohama in the last week of October! Hope people decide to turn up to the parking lot