Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thread: 130i BMW - Do you think they are a mans car or a girls car?

Daily
    Size 11 Havianas
    2nd Car
    no
    Name
    K

You'd have to be a fuck wit to drive a BMW!

Daily
    AW11
    2nd Car
    YN60, HJ GTS

just to jump into this thread 8-pages in...

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    a RWD straight six, 2 door coupe is a chicks car?
    dont go talking up its specs, as theres plenty of cars that only look good on paper!
    minus the 'coupe' part, a 'RWD, Straight Six' could be something as average as an EA falcon!

best example i can think of:
    - 90's 2 door coupe
    - Turbo 2ltr DOHC 4cyl, kkk turbo and forged pistons
    - 150kw, 280nm
    - 150mph
    - Getrag 6 speed manual
    - AWD
    - most aerodynamic production car in the world for 10years..

aaaaaand then you find out i'm describing the smoking heap of shit that is the Calibra.

so what does it matter the 1 series is a RWD, straight 6, coupe?
    i doubt it contributes to alot of the sales - and i think many buyers wouldnt even know.
    most important thing to buyers would be the cheap entry to a BMW badge, and having people think you've got cash. maybe even previous BMW owners downsizing, or regular used-BMW buyers scraping into a new one..
    ..fasts and doing skidz wouldnt be the reason.

On the acutal topic - the 1 series (all) seem a little effeminate to me. probably due to seeing so many middle aged professional women driving them. regardless of wether its a 118d hatch, or a 135i coupe. having so many bigger BMW's available probably doesnt help either.. as i wouldn't consider a 5 or 7 series 'girly' in any spec.

BUT, i love the 1series. i reckon they're great. I DO drive a little old MR2 though, so what car's I'd potentially drive wouldn't say much for this topic..

for the side topic of this thread - what does it really matter anyway? its the whole insecure thing that makes guys just buy SS utes n whatnot. just like little blokes driving lifted GQ Patrols. the real winners are the guys who can drive a 15 year old violet Barina Swing. that or they've just completely died inside...

Quote Originally Posted by RdS View Post

uh, quite a lot?
    hell, there's fuck all interesting cars coming out these days, nothing from japan, and all the good tank stuff never gets here, so it's nice that something like this is still out. besides, look past the styling and the 135i especially is the closest thing you'll get to a modern day supra (LOL ON PAPER SPECS).
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 21-10-11 at 08:09 PM.
    Survived parramatta crew

Whiteballz diddles pigeons
    Daily
    EK Sikvic.
    2nd Car
    STP0
    Name
    Ty

... and the 135i especially is the closest thing you'll get to a modern day supra (LOL ON PAPER SPECS).

I don't see the resemblance..

The car in question seems pretty sweet. Girls car? pfft. It's not a girls car, a ek1 is a girls car
    Daily
    2012 Honda Jazz "Vibe"
    2nd Car
    RB25DET R32
    Name
    Jono

Quote Originally Posted by RdS View Post
    i doubt it contributes to alot of the sales - and i think many buyers wouldnt even know.
    most important thing to buyers would be the cheap entry to a BMW badge, and having people think you've got cash. maybe even previous BMW owners downsizing, or regular used-BMW buyers scraping into a new one.
    Ummm.......no.

Your point would be valid for a 118i or even 320i etc, but people (especially the poorer badge buyers) don't just go and get the 3 litre six version, especially the turboed one, that is like saying mums walk into holden dealers looking for a school run car and just coincidentally pick the SS or a Clubby.

Agree on your point about the manly guys driving swifts etc, real men drive can drive whatever they want.
    Daily
    VW Caddy
    2nd Car
    Evo + Jazz
    Name
    James

I reckon you're asking on the wrong forum.

JDM FTW!
    Daily
    Size 11 Havianas
    2nd Car
    no
    Name
    K

Mmm don't know why this talk of people being image conscious and all that....

Sure you get posers, you get that day in day out be it shopping for fashion, cars, houses, people socilising at bars and restaurants etc

But did you people ever think that a 1 series might just tick all the boxes for a lot of people?

Not everyone needs a 5 series.

I think its good that manufacturers such as BMW offer such a good variety of well made motor vehicles.

If only the Japs would follow suit... look at Toyota for instance! I'm a Toyota man through and through but fucked if I'd buy anything on their showroom floors today. Rewind to that two decades between the 80's and start of 2000 and it is a different story.
    Daily
    Exige V6
    2nd Car
    RS Megane Trophy R
    Name
    rob

the 130i is a very good car . torquey , different , rear drive , handles well , well built and not a bad buy used at the moment . certainly not a '' girls car '' although i'd buy one for my girl as long as i could drive it sometimes

and you're right - toyota makes white goods not enthusiasts cars these days .

shame toyota shame - even the ISF , which i got for 3 day test drive , was totally disappointing in every way .

uh, quite a lot?
    hell, there's fuck all interesting cars coming out these days, nothing from japan, and all the good tank stuff never gets here, so it's nice that something like this is still out. besides, look past the styling and the 135i especially is the closest thing you'll get to a modern day supra (LOL ON PAPER SPECS).

The fun is just beginning! Car still has stock internals and currently isn't utilising the largest turbo that can fit... 800rwhp+ is just around the corner

Plus there are more companies developing single turbo solutions for the N54 (priced at 6k+)... fun times ahead. I hope people now see why you mentioned the comment above
    Daily
    Exige V6
    2nd Car
    RS Megane Trophy R
    Name
    rob

Holy thread revival - close relative just bought a 2006 130i .. Just had second baby so needed 4 doors and wanted RWD . Goes well , nicely built , nice motor . Needs LSD . Overall a good thing for the young family car plus Occassional fast twisties and track day .

A mate races one in Production sports and also does targa and it goes reliably quick . Not too bad overall
    Never met a kilowatt I didn't like
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112