Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 130i BMW - Do you think they are a mans car or a girls car?

Hmm... If you're serious about a BMW, whether 130i or 325i, ask on the BMW forums (bimmerpost is one). You'll get a much better insight from owners. Not just some bystanders opinion "they look like ass" "entry level" bla bla lol

If you're wanting the car purely for looks, the 130i isn't for you. At times it's ugliness annoys the shit out of you, but if you look past that it actually grows on you and you learn to love it for what it is (it's understated, yet aggressive at the same time). M Sport pack is a must. Better seats, suspension and gadgets, which makes it a pretty decent daily. Now onto the engine... don't be fooled. It's 195kw at the fly and won international engine of the year a few years ago. It's already tuned to capacity though, so intake and exhaust mods won't gain that much extra power. Through the corners is where the car comes alive. You'll be able to match 135i's in the twisties with no problem. Upgrading the tyres to 225/40 all round eliminates a lot of the understeer and neutralises the car somewhat. 50/50 weight distribution doesn't go astray either.
    Oh yeah, I had a 130i for nearly 2 years. Out of the many sport cars I've driven I'd say it is a very capable and rewarding car if you're willing to learn it's characteristics. And another plus is that cops don't really view the car as a hoon-mobil, so you can fly under their radar with ease (even if unintentionally speeding past them).

As to the how many s1uts in the car theory, well here's some food for thought. One late night after a drive we stopped at the servo for a quick bite. Low and behold as we come to leave, three cute intoxicated blondes come stumbling up the foot path and try to wave down a taxi. Taxi doesn't stop though haha.. no cars around other than us. So they start checking us out and walk our way. As we're making our way out of the servo they come straight up to my drivers window and ask for a lift home. Out of four 135i's, they approached the only 130i. Theory proves itself eh (ask Jeef Beef haha). Anyhow, I was a poofta and told them I had a long drive home. I got so much shit for that later from the other guys

ps: hope you enjoyed deciphering that^ incoherent essay its been a long day

edit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZAJT1Iiw-Y
    Daily
    TT Supra
    2nd Car
    BMW

BMW's are great drivers cars...but they go so so so so wrong and they will piss you off when this happens! Also the 1 series is shite, 135 or nothing dont go near the hatch back. You buy a hatch back to use the hatch and have a somewhat sensible car the 1 series has no room in the boot and hardly any in the cabin. Go the 3 series they are a nicer car to look at and to drive, and if you are worried about poke then go buy a supercharger for it!
    Daily
    2009 Lexus ISF
    Name
    danny

130/135 are great cars
    they handle really well
    still the interior are a let down on those cars (feels really cheap plasticy and low rent)
    other than that the engine combo and chassis balance is brilliant

though it still looks like an ass
    130 hatch looks like a hyundai i30 and im not too convinced about the front of the car
    135 is a sleek nice looking car though the front is still a question
    Daily

There a girls car,

And like a few others said just because its a BMW it doesnt make it cool, its the base model lowest vehicle they have to offer.

Better off buying a Accord Euro Luxury as it has more features and looks better, also u wont look like a metro sexual hair dresser.
    Daily
    f*cking awesome

as long as its black, and you put BBS on it. its legit. and straight up ready for hustling....

accord euro is an asian girls car.

Yep looks too much like a girls car.

Get it for your gf
    Daily
    2010 Lexus IS F

You have 130i

Ditzy blonde pulls up next to you in 120i...
    "Oh. My. God. It's like we have the same car! Suuuuper!"
    Daily
    AF1 '82

Quote Originally Posted by 3AM View Post
    accord euro is an asian girls car.
    LOL exactly what I was thinking
    Daily

So is Jason's Black Accord Euro form the low-down a girls car?? That car will put many to shame on hear and snaps necks on the road with its stance!!

I have seen many prime examples time and time over again of well done Accord Euros's none owned by girls??

Majority of Accord Euro's that I see are driven by males..
    Daily
    Size 11 Havianas
    2nd Car
    no
    Name
    K

Quote Originally Posted by [ IV 23 VI ] View Post
    There a girls car,

And like a few others said just because its a BMW it doesnt make it cool, its the base model lowest vehicle they have to offer.

Better off buying a Accord Euro Luxury as it has more features and looks better, also u wont look like a metro sexual hair dresser.
    I think that is really an apples to oranges comparison dude.

If we want to talk about cars and demographics, My mum (a lady in her 50's) had an Accord Euro does that make them cool or un-cool? lol I personally couldn't stand the way it drove either it was balls to drive.. not a car I would enjoy driving and owning! But on the other hand you are right, pretty hard to find a car that ticks all the boxes for similar money!

I don't understand all the hate for the 1 Series? I didn't realise people were so image conscious of the car they drove either..
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast