Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 130i BMW - Do you think they are a mans car or a girls car?

Daily
    Size 11 Havianas
    2nd Car
    no
    Name
    K

E90's are great.

Ultimately what do you want the for though? ie: main purpose? If handling is very important to you, check out a current platform IS250/350 before you do decide 100% on an E90.

Both are sensational cars however I feel the IS is a more agile car in terms of handling.
    Daily
    Ford Ranger
    2nd Car
    C12 SSS Pulsar
    Name
    Chris

I rekon they are a mean looking car. They are more manly than a swift or a few other small cars I've seen on the road.
    Daily
    Millenium Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    Good choice. Now join up e90 post for some mod-inspiration. Manual 323/325i with m kit is bad ass.

I think the most I'm going to be doing is a set of BBS's and some coils.. I'm sort-of buying this car to stop myself from modifying and doing so much retarded shit when it comes to cars.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepaulie View Post
    335i not an option?
    I'd love one but they are about $20k more expensive at minimum then what I'm looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM-20L View Post
    E90's are great.

Ultimately what do you want the for though? ie: main purpose? If handling is very important to you, check out a current platform IS250/350 before you do decide 100% on an E90.

Both are sensational cars however I feel the IS is a more agile car in terms of handling.
    I want a car that I pretty much wont modify save wheels/coils and to be able, for a change, to be able to drive anywhere without shit breaking, being ridiculously uncomfortable or getting defected.

I don't particularly like the look of the IS platform and to be totally honest, I couldn't justify spending that much money on what is essentially a Toyota. an ISF, maybe, but still, not really what I'm into.

On another note, It was suggested I try out an R32 Golf.. not the new ones, the bad-arse 2004 model one with all the gangster shit.. Going to try drive one this weekend and see what the go is..
    Fuck whatever you think, it needs aqua tint
    Daily
    Size 11 Havianas
    2nd Car
    no
    Name
    K

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
    I want a car that I pretty much wont modify save wheels/coils and to be able, for a change, to be able to drive anywhere without shit breaking, being ridiculously uncomfortable or getting defected.
    totally understand where your coming from there!

I don't particularly like the look of the IS platform and to be totally honest, I couldn't justify spending that much money on what is essentially a Toyota. an ISF, maybe, but still, not really what I'm into.
    Fair enough, that is going to be an age old argument I know! It is very hard to get better bang for your buck & reliability than the Lexus however.

On another note, It was suggested I try out an R32 Golf.. not the new ones, the bad-arse 2004 model one with all the gangster shit.. Going to try drive one this weekend and see what the go is..
    VW golf... then your back to square one, the girls car.
    Daily
    Millenium Falcon

VW golf... then your back to square one, the girls car.
    I semi agree but the R32 actually doesnt look so much like a normal golf and is easily identifiable. The twin exhausts, having only 2 doors, the rather large flares and the fact it sounds fucking awesome. A 130i isn't very distinguishable from a 118i, if you took the badge off each of them, you'd be hard pressed knowing which was the 130/118.

The only thing I'm not overly enamoured about with the R32 is AWD but this is the most money I've ever spent on the initial purchase price of a car so I figure I might aswell drive everything that I like that is suggested/comes to mind and see what truly suits me.
    Daily
    Size 11 Havianas
    2nd Car
    no
    Name
    K

like the 1 series its still a golf at the end of the day no matter what.

But I wouldn't be opposed to the VW AWD it is quite nice to drive actually, I have not driven the V6 R32 AWD but I have given a Golf R (I gather similar 4 motion system?) absolute hell and they are heaps of fun! Very different car to an E90 lol but back to the 1 series comparison yeah I guess they are more comparable.

I have also driven the FWD GTI Golf .. loathed it,Although no FWD is for me! I have never liked them or owned them .. I just don't like the way they drive, nor do I want to get used to driving one.
    Daily
    180sx

unisex car
    Daily
    Millenium Falcon

like the 1 series its still a golf at the end of the day no matter what.

But I wouldn't be opposed to the VW AWD it is quite nice to drive actually, I have not driven the V6 R32 AWD but I have given a Golf R (I gather similar 4 motion system?) absolute hell and they are heaps of fun! Very different car to an E90 lol but back to the 1 series comparison yeah I guess they are more comparable.

I have also driven the FWD GTI Golf .. loathed it,Although no FWD is for me! I have never liked them or owned them .. I just don't like the way they drive, nor do I want to get used to driving one.
    I've owned plenty of FWD cars and I have an awesome habit of breaking them.. FWD is balls in my opinion. I've never actually owned an AWD car and I have no idea how strong the gbox is in an R32 so that could be its downfall in my hands.. Clutch dumps with it bashing the limiter don't bode well for it...

I also don't really see the R32 being a 'mini bang bus' like the E90 though and I don't see it having an awesome ability to have 3 groupies in the back seat but in saying that, I'll see what they're like in person and add it to the decision board..
    Daily
    Size 11 Havianas
    2nd Car
    no
    Name
    K

If bang bus is high on your priority list

Just buy an SUV and be done with it.. hehe.
    Daily
    Car

I have given a Golf R (I gather similar 4 motion system?) absolute hell and they are heaps of fun!

I have also driven the FWD GTI Golf .. loathed it
    Very interesting. I had the opposite experience. Was lucky enough to be given the task of driving the APR Mk6 demo cars (380hp gti, and 420hp R) to a track day in Warwick (ended up ~400km day) and I found the Gti WAY more fun. Felt faster and was just more alive - The R was just too composed, almost boring in comparison. Then again those cars were pretty far away from standard. Both preeeeety fast.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast