Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Locations Sydney City

Daily
    Subaru

Car Locations Sydney City

Got a few shoots lined up for some feature cars. Trying to find some locations in the city for shoots. Know my way around the city pretty well so any suggestions appreciated.

Would like to find an area with space to move around and away from traffic if possible.
    Found a few that might work but more ideas the better

Thanks
    Michael
    Daily
    Subaru Impreza RS MY08

if i remember properly theres a spot near anzac bridge. its actually a wharf for private boats but you can drive your car right onto the wharf beside the boats and get a view of the whole anzac bridge. not sure if you would be able to get in there with alot of cars tho. I dont remember exactly where it is but you could search it up on google maps.
    Daily
    07'BL5
    Name
    Anthony

Newtown maybe?
    Daily
    Holden SSV Ute SeriesII

theres literally none left, all played out or you get kicked out within minutes. Frustrates the shit out of me.

I have a few aces up my sleeve but I'm saving them for certain cars, unless you want to shoot at 3am and can get in and out in 20 mins forget it pretty much
    Daily
    CJ lancer
    2nd Car
    civic

Quote Originally Posted by brasher View Post
    theres literally none left, all played out or you get kicked out within minutes. Frustrates the shit out of me.

I have a few aces up my sleeve but I'm saving them for certain cars, unless you want to shoot at 3am and can get in and out in 20 mins forget it pretty much
    It's sad to hear that
    Daily
    Polar Bear GTR
    2nd Car
    Steel cap boots
    Name
    Dom

I had stumbled across a reli nice place ages ago in surry hills which was in a back street but the building had an awesome gate :s the slight orange tint from the front light gave it a very classy look for VIP cars.

Moral of the story: go around random places and ur bound to find a winner
    Event Organiser to first of many: JDMST Pho Meets!
    Daily
    R32 GTR
    2nd Car
    Hilux
    Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dori_33_dori View Post
    Moral of the story: go around random places and ur bound to find a winner
    This is good advice. Haha. Everyone's gotta do the hard yards to find their spots.

My suggestion is, just grab a bike/skateboard/donkey (so you don't die of exhaustion) and just wander through the city for the day. I used to carry a point and shoot with me everywhere, but now with iphones and their Geo-Tagging capabilities it's much easier.
    Daily
    City Rail
    Name
    Joseph, J, Jo, Bro

Guess it depends on the type of location you want. For every shoot I do, I would stress days - hours before the shoot for no reason.

But I tend to settle for the simple roller door, empty parking lot, graffiti wall and they are everywhere.
    Even my local shops seem to have a few un-used loading docks, it's small but could to be a pretty cool spot, or the multi-level carpark near by.

As city locations go, Newtown, Surry Hill, Redfern, Alexandria area's should be fun to explore.

But as Kelvin said to me, it's not the location itself that's most important, it's how you use the location.
    Daily
    s15
    Name
    Nick

The industrial area, to the left of the western end of the ANZAC bridge has some decent spots, down around the big storage silos. You have to be careful though, some areas can get you 'arrested'. Gotta love friendly security guards.
    Daily
    Nissan Galaxy

Go down Miller Street in North Sydney... to McMahons Point... perfect view of the Harbour bridge... and you should see the Opera House too.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast