Page 4 of 167 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Pho In Sydney? Where is it?

Daily
    '75 SuperCub 90, '86 GB500TT
    2nd Car
    '60 Ford XK Falcon
    Name
    Aly

Glad to know Pho An isn't anything special, had it recommended and went a few times but never quite got the hang of it...

Are there any good places in the city/north shore/inner west?
    Daily

Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::. View Post
    Have tried pho in springvale and footscray no where near as good as Sydney.
    Easy there tiger. You don't wanna start something
    Daily
    Cube Autech Rider
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Stunn-R View Post
    Good discussion here! I'm yet to try Pho An in Bankstown!
    There seem to be mixed thoughts about that place, either really good or really bad :S

Pho Tau Bay, planning to try on Friday!
    so how'd you go roh? also anyone else believe that the pho in vietnam is rubbish compared to here? i'm viet and all my other viet friends are deadset that pho in australia is heaps better... must be quality of ingredients.

i havent been to thang long in ages - although i must admit everytime im in bankstown i eat at dong ba for the most awesome bun bo hue (spicy beef nooodle soup)
    Daily
    Jzx100 s2
    2nd Car
    Jzx100 s1
    Name
    Tom

I don't know about you guys but i prefer the pho at gia hoi in canley heights, i know they specialize in bun bo hue but their pho is the one i prefer compared to pho tau bay and i only just tried pho tau bay cause of this thread.
    Daily
    Chicken Feet
    2nd Car
    EK4
    Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by tangy View Post
    so how'd you go roh? also anyone else believe that the pho in vietnam is rubbish compared to here? i'm viet and all my other viet friends are deadset that pho in australia is heaps better... must be quality of ingredients.

i havent been to thang long in ages - although i must admit everytime im in bankstown i eat at dong ba for the most awesome bun bo hue (spicy beef nooodle soup)
    Last time i went to vietnam the pho there was awesome. It definatley always seemed to taste much more "homestyle" then australian counterparts. Also, it just feels....'right'...eating pho in vietnam. Maybe im too viet for my own good.

Downside is that servings are super tiny most places you go so if people are used to the average australian serving size here, you'd have to have 2 over in vietnam to fill you up.
    Daily
    TRD JZX100
    Name
    Rohan

Quote Originally Posted by tangy View Post

Didnt get a chance to go Pho Tau Bay last week

As for Pho in Vietnam, I have been to Vietnam twice now. Saw the Pho there, but somehow didn't feel like my stomach could handle it (Looked a lot more intense than the Pho here LOL)

Had a Pork Roll in Saigon though, was fucking epic. Shits all over any Pork roll here.

Oh and I had this pancake thing, no idea what its called, but you put all this stuff in it and fold them up and eat it?
    Daily
    Size 11 Havianas
    2nd Car
    no
    Name
    K

I'm hangin to try Pho Tau Bay but they shut at 7pm ... weekend it is!

Yeah those pancakes are great when done right! I almost always start with one of those if its on the menu!

Has anyone tried the place name Pho' at Bankstown... menu seems pretty full on but I don't mind the crushed crab soup, its what I'd imagine to be more traditional food? I can't comment though cos I'm not Viet... I'm a half baked Indo
    Daily
    TRD JZX100
    Name
    Rohan

Oh does it close at 7pm!?

AND did you just say crushed crab soup?! OMFG I want! Whats it called ?!! And where?!
    Daily
    Size 11 Havianas
    2nd Car
    no
    Name
    K

Quote Originally Posted by Stunn-R View Post
    Oh does it close at 7pm!?

AND did you just say crushed crab soup?! OMFG I want! Whats it called ?!! And where?!
    I googled it and on eatability or whatever it was it says Pho Tau Bay hours are 8AM to 7PM ... was kinda wondering who eats Pho for breaky? I was gonna hit it last night!

For the crushed crab soup that place is simply called Pho' it is in the reasonably new liberty plaza CNR Brandon & Chapel St Bankstown. That crab soup is rather interesting!
    Daily
    Mark II
    2nd Car
    R32
    Name
    David

crab soup with thick noodles = banh canh