Page 1 of 37 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: [NSW] Roads & Maritime Services Enquiries! New plates available! Update 4/11/13

Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

[NSW] Roads & Maritime Services Enquiries! New plates available! Update 4/11/13

Hi JDMST!

As an employee of the RTA, and having a passion for motoring, i know that car enthusiasts have issues with the RTA or even just have some questions that need to be answered.

You guys might of seen my post in regards to RTA Personalised Plate Numbers and its fees.
    I just thought, i can help out you guys with anything in regards to the RTA. So ive done this thread so you guys can direct your questions here by posting or pm'ing me, and i'll answer them as soon as i can.

So feel free to throw any questions my way!

Regards
    Neil.

P.s The RTA is now known as Roads and Maritime Services (RMS).
    Last edited by ekx105; 06-11-13 at 08:39 AM.
    Daily
    Supermade S15
    2nd Car
    Pug
    Name
    Dollar

Could i just go to the RTA and get a set of P plates?
    Banned
    Daily
    Lancer
    Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by CuppaJDM View Post
    Could i just go to the RTA and get a set of P plates?
    Yeah..... all the plastic ones are free, just go and ask for a stack and they give it to you.
    Daily
    Bicycle

do you work in north sydney?
    Daily
    kouki S14 ;)

My brother bought a car that was last regoed in VIC and never regoed in NSW.

When he went to get a blueslip the place told him as he doesnt have any proof of previous registration (he doesnt have the VIC papers and the only proof of rego is the old sticker on the window, has receipt of sale though) and it has never been regoed in NSW he cant get it registered atm.

The mechanic said he needs to get it engineered before he can even get a blue slip

Is this true? Or the only option to get it registered in NSW?
    (ther car was taken in stock when he was told this. But if he was going to get it engineered he would put all his mods on first.. would this be issue for rego if engineers report includes mods)

thanks

How is the late fee calculated when you don't transfer the registration within 14 days?
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by (Locky) View Post
    My brother bought a car that was last regoed in VIC and never regoed in NSW.

When he went to get a blueslip the place told him as he doesnt have any proof of previous registration (he doesnt have the VIC papers and the only proof of rego is the old sticker on the window, has receipt of sale though) and it has never been regoed in NSW he cant get it registered atm.

The mechanic said he needs to get it engineered before he can even get a blue slip

Is this true? Or the only option to get it registered in NSW?
    (ther car was taken in stock when he was told this. But if he was going to get it engineered he would put all his mods on first.. would this be issue for rego if engineers report includes mods)

thanks
    Well obviously your brother wouldnt have any proof of previous registration because he didnt own the car in vic, he just bought it from there. Some blue-slip people are lazy. But anyway, aslong as he has proof of purchase (receipt), the blue-slip person finds all the details of the vehicle. Thats his job.
    What i suggest, get it registered stock then put all the modifications you need on it. But if you need anything engineered, get it done after getting it rego'd. As its a longer process to get modifications engineered.

Hope tht helps abit.

Neil.
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by EM16A View Post
    How is the late fee calculated when you don't transfer the registration within 14 days?
    The late fee is $101. So no matter how over the 14 days you are, the late fee stays the same.

Quote Originally Posted by doofus View Post
    do you work in north sydney?
    Nah man. I work @ Blacktown. The other side of the world lol!
    Daily
    Mitsi Outlander
    2nd Car
    BNR32

Does the RTA have any information on how Defect Notices (in NSW) are meant to be filled out.

My last defect (which is now cleared), I believe the HWP officer filled the form out incorrectly (he had marked audit even though it was a random inspection, minor warning with no sticker was still full inspection)?
    Rad-tastic: Radically Fantastic
    My Sil80 - Just a Street Car
    Supporting Member
    Daily
    K04 GTI

Hey mate,

I have personalised plates on my daily which im planning to sell..
    is it possible to keep those plates for myself without registering it on a another car?
Page 1 of 37 1234567811 ... LastLast