Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: [NSW] Roads & Maritime Services Enquiries! New plates available! Update 4/11/13

Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Modified View Post
    Does the RTA have any information on how Defect Notices (in NSW) are meant to be filled out.

My last defect (which is now cleared), I believe the HWP officer filled the form out incorrectly (he had marked audit even though it was a random inspection, minor warning with no sticker was still full inspection)?
    hey mate! we only have info on what you need to do to clear a defect. As we dont actually issue the defect (unless its an RTA Heavy Vehicle Inspection) the police decide what kind of defect to issue and where to clear it, but i'll look into it and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TI View Post
    Hey mate,

I have personalised plates on my daily which im planning to sell..
    is it possible to keep those plates for myself without registering it on a another car?
    hey buddy!
    It is possible to keep your plates. What you do is pop into your closest RTA and put your plates into hold/storage and purchase a standard set of plates to put onto the vehicle you are planning to sell.
    And once you've purchased a new car, just return the plates on your newly aquired car and take out your plates that are in storage.
    Daily
    batmobile
    2nd Car
    EK9 wannabe
    Name
    Peter

blacktown RTA? as in st martins village??? If so thats my local RTA!!!
    Daily
    RPS13

When will the roads be fixed and we see our rego money going to good use?
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by 13BWAT View Post
    blacktown RTA? as in st martins village??? If so thats my local RTA!!!
    yeap! i work there!

Quote Originally Posted by anastasios View Post
    When will the roads be fixed and we see our rego money going to good use?
    haha i have no clue i always ask that too!
    Supporting Member
    Daily
    K04 GTI

hey buddy!
    It is possible to keep your plates. What you do is pop into your closest RTA and put your plates into hold/storage and purchase a standard set of plates to put onto the vehicle you are planning to sell.
    And once you've purchased a new car, just return the plates on your newly aquired car and take out your plates that are in storage.[/QUOTE]

that was quick! haha thanks bro

but what i meant in my question was would I be able to keep those personalised plates without having to put them on another car? ie keep the plates in my room on display haha

if so, would i still need to pay annual fees?
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by 5TI View Post
    hey buddy!
    And once you've purchased a new car, just return the plates on your newly aquired car and take out your plates that are in storage.
    that was quick! haha thanks bro

but what i meant in my question was would I be able to keep those personalised plates without having to put them on another car? ie keep the plates in my room on display haha

if so, would i still need to pay annual fees?
    you wont be able to keep them at home. if your going to sell the car and wantiong to keep your plates, you'll need to put them in storage before getting a new set of plates to sell with the car. But if you want to keep them in your room for display (my mate did this.. abit dogey but) report one or both plates lost/stolen and just keep them in your room then just get a replacement set of normal plates to put on the car and sell. BUTTT big BUUTT! you wont be able to use those plates on a car you purchase and wont even get to re-order them if you want to have them again. Once plates are replorted lost/stolen, replacements cant be made.

so if you want to use them on a new car, only option is to put them in storage.
    Quality JDM Parts JDM Obsession's Avatar
    Daily
    A Japanese car

In your opinion, how many people under report the value of a vehicle that they have purchased privately to avoid stamp duty? Have you heard of anyone being prosecuted for this? Just wondering...
    Daily
    Nissan Cube
    2nd Car
    Honda NSX

Vehicle Identification and Inspection Unit (VIIU) is this really out of a random selection?
    Daily
    EF9
    Name
    G

NEIL YOU LEGEND!

ok heres my question: L-platers can learn on any cars correct? just as long as they have a full licensed unrestricted driver whatever with them. does that mean if i slap on some L plates and grab some full licensed person i can drive a turboed vehicle?
    Daily
    Honda NSX-T

Quote Originally Posted by gou View Post
    NEIL YOU LEGEND!

ok heres my question: L-platers can learn on any cars correct? just as long as they have a full licensed unrestricted driver whatever with them. does that mean if i slap on some L plates and grab some full licensed person i can drive a turboed vehicle?
    no.
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast