Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: [NSW] Roads & Maritime Services Enquiries! New plates available! Update 4/11/13

Daily
    S2000
    2nd Car
    S13

There are no restriction for L-Platers, though they do have a certain amount of demerit points as of 1-2 years ago?
    Daily
    MX5 SE
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by ekx105 View Post
    you wont be able to keep them at home. if your going to sell the car and wantiong to keep your plates, you'll need to put them in storage before getting a new set of plates to sell with the car. But if you want to keep them in your room for display (my mate did this.. abit dogey but) report one or both plates lost/stolen and just keep them in your room then just get a replacement set of normal plates to put on the car and sell. BUTTT big BUUTT! you wont be able to use those plates on a car you purchase and wont even get to re-order them if you want to have them again. Once plates are replorted lost/stolen, replacements cant be made.

so if you want to use them on a new car, only option is to put them in storage.
    This is a little bit inacurate.....

My GF had her plates stolen 2 months ago... they were just her intials and a few numbers, black with white writing.

RTA told us we have to wait 6 months, and then they can be remade, HOWEVER!!! they will still be listed as stolen plates, which means a cop will pull the car over to check these are not the stolen version.

This isnt a huge issue as she drives a standard Mazda 3, but i wouldnt reccomend it anyway.
    Daily
    RB1

Hi Neil, what is the max period for a full driver license renewal before it expires? Working at overseas but planning holidays back to AUS soon.
    Daily
    Zenki
    Name
    Philip Screw Driver

Hi thinking about buying a car that's registered in another state (south Australia). What do I need to do to have it under my name in NSW? Will the rego transfer to me like normal or would I need to start from scratch? By scratch I mean blue sip then green then RTA transfer duty.. ? Cheers

Oh and it's rego'd as a TWO seat car, will that be an issue also?
    Daily
    VOLVETT
    2nd Car
    R1

hi, do u get discount at rta/
    Daily
    Colt RALLIART
    2nd Car
    R32 V-Spec I
    Name
    Papadopulis

How much is the storage fee for plates?
    "Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too." - 土屋 圭市
    Daily
    ECR33
    Name
    Mike

Regarding half cages, what's the process of getting it approved and rego'd? I know I need to get it engineered, but will I need a complete inspection at RTA? Can't be fucked going through with it if I have to remove everything to pass emissions.

can i park in loading zone with my my11 forester?
    Daily
    Daihatsu Mira L200
    2nd Car
    Honda Civic EF9
    Name
    Jeremy

the Suzuki Cappuccino 2D Cabriolet Turbo 3 698cc (1/01/1992 - 1/12/1997) is p plate legal even though it has turbo. Is that because of its small engine? if it is, does that mean the Daihatsu Mira Turbo TR-XX Limited L70V (1987) would be as well because it's engine is 550cc?
    Daily
    Chicken Feet
    2nd Car
    EK4
    Name
    Dave

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast