Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: [NSW] Roads & Maritime Services Enquiries! New plates available! Update 4/11/13

Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by JDM Obsession View Post
    In your opinion, how many people under report the value of a vehicle that they have purchased privately to avoid stamp duty? Have you heard of anyone being prosecuted for this? Just wondering...
    Alot of people under-value the car to save on stamp duty. I remember i had transfered a 2010 Dodge Nitro, from what i recall, those things go for 30000 to 40000 brand new, and the customer put $5000 as purchase, thats heaps under-valued. So we take that price. We dont decide whether its a false value of the vehicle. We just take what it says on the receipt in regards to te purchase price.

If you put like $5 as a purchase price, you would definately be contact by the Office of State Revenue. And it also depends on age of vehicle/when rego runs out. Because ive seen $50, but the vehicle was out of rego and was a mazda 121.

I havnt met anyone that has been prosectuted for undervalue-ing a car.
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by simonster View Post
    Vehicle Identification and Inspection Unit (VIIU) is this really out of a random selection?
    If your vehicle was registered pre-vin number, you might have to get a viiu inspection or if the car has been registered as written off. But yes viiu inspection are given out randomly, but its usually for older model cars. But ive never cone across it yet, it happens on a rare occasion
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by gou View Post
    NEIL YOU LEGEND!

ok heres my question: L-platers can learn on any cars correct? just as long as they have a full licensed unrestricted driver whatever with them. does that mean if i slap on some L plates and grab some full licensed person i can drive a turboed vehicle?
    Yeap thats correct, L-Platers are able to learn in any vehicle. They can even do the driving test in a turboed vehicle, but if they pass, they cant drive it home. P-Plate restrictions. But if they choose to drive it home, we cant stop them. And its at their own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    no.
    Read above.
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by dave2221 View Post
    This is a little bit inacurate.....

My GF had her plates stolen 2 months ago... they were just her intials and a few numbers, black with white writing.

RTA told us we have to wait 6 months, and then they can be remade, HOWEVER!!! they will still be listed as stolen plates, which means a cop will pull the car over to check these are not the stolen version.

This isnt a huge issue as she drives a standard Mazda 3, but i wouldnt reccomend it anyway.
    Hi dave2221. Yes you are correct, you can get them remade. But like you said they will be on the stolen number plate check if yoy are check by the police. And they can be removed from that list.
    My answer was just the usual recommendation to people, so they dont have that hassle, but you are correct.
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by AusOdy View Post
    Hi Neil, what is the max period for a full driver license renewal before it expires? Working at overseas but planning holidays back to AUS soon.
    Max period to let your licence go is 5yrs. After that, you would need to do all tests. If you are overseas, and need to drive, you can get a renewal pack. It can ve downloaded from the website, and explains what you need, eg, passport sized phote etc.
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by bluesprinter View Post
    Hi thinking about buying a car that's registered in another state (south Australia). What do I need to do to have it under my name in NSW? Will the rego transfer to me like normal or would I need to start from scratch? By scratch I mean blue sip then green then RTA transfer duty.. ? Cheers

Oh and it's rego'd as a TWO seat car, will that be an issue also?
    You'll need to start from scratch so blue-slip. Since you are going for the blue-slip, the 14 days to transfer the vehicle doesnt apply to you.
    So once you get the blue-slip done, get a hard copy of a paid 1yr greenslip, bring in the reciept of sale and the number plates, and thats when you pay stamp duty.

The number of seats wont matter, as the blue-slip person checks it all out.
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by driftzor View Post
    hi, do u get discount at rta/
    As a public servant, i dont get discounts, i pay what you pay.
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by MXEMUP View Post
    How much is the storage fee for plates?
    Storage fee is $50 per year. But if you pay an annual fee for you plates, you have pay that too. Storage goes yearly, so if you just want them on hold for a couple of days/weeks, you still need to pay $50 + annual fee if applicable.
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by macaroni View Post
    Regarding half cages, what's the process of getting it approved and rego'd? I know I need to get it engineered, but will I need a complete inspection at RTA? Can't be fucked going through with it if I have to remove everything to pass emissions.
    Yeah you'll need to get it engineered. And once you get it engineered you wont have any issues for it to pass rego because its all passed by the engineer which is approved by the rta.
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by blahz View Post
    can i park in loading zone with my my11 forester?
    Loading zones are only for vehicles that are for deliveries. But i'll look into it tomorrow so you can have a more detailed answer.