Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: [NSW] Roads & Maritime Services Enquiries! New plates available! Update 4/11/13

Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by jem View Post
    the Suzuki Cappuccino 2D Cabriolet Turbo 3 698cc (1/01/1992 - 1/12/1997) is p plate legal even though it has turbo. Is that because of its small engine? if it is, does that mean the Daihatsu Mira Turbo TR-XX Limited L70V (1987) would be as well because it's engine is 550cc?
    Hi buddy, yeap thats right!! Im not too sure on the daihatsu mira. I can look if its p-plate legal for you. Theres a list on the RTA website for all the p-plate legal turbo cars.
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

I'll look into this. If there is a massive change like what that post is talking about, we usually get notified ib advance so were up-to-date on any new rules/regualtions. I havnt seen anything in regards to it, so i'll dig around and update you on any info i can find.
    Daily
    Ford Ranger
    2nd Car
    C12 SSS Pulsar
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by dave2221 View Post
    This is a little bit inacurate.....

My GF had her plates stolen 2 months ago... they were just her intials and a few numbers, black with white writing.

RTA told us we have to wait 6 months, and then they can be remade, HOWEVER!!! they will still be listed as stolen plates, which means a cop will pull the car over to check these are not the stolen version.

This isnt a huge issue as she drives a standard Mazda 3, but i wouldnt reccomend it anyway.
    If you report them to the police as stolen they give you a number so if you do get pulled over for 'stolen' plates just quote that number and then there will be no issues.
    Daily
    V35
    Name
    Cam

How do I change the weight of my vehicle on the registration papers. The RTA has the weight listed at 1500+kg, which is wrong.

Can I just take the Nissan handbook in? Its costing me an extra $100 a year for a mistake i did not make.
    Daily
    R32 N1 GTR

^ You need to go to an official weigh station and get a weigh ticket with teh correct weight. Then pop into the RTA to have it changed.
    All at your cost of course.

Did this 2 years ago, when the weight of my 32 GTR mysteriously jumped up by 200kg's. I asked them to use the standard GTR weight according to Nissan and they said no it has to be weighed. Worked out in my favour as its a N1 so lighter than a normal GTR. But yeah, fun to do when you have to pay for it!
    Daily
    HCR32
    2nd Car
    HCR32 4 door 1 day
    Name
    Matthew

with a uvp is there and secert rules i need to know about i know i need a uvp pink slip and i can only drive from a-b and b-a and maybe c if i need to is there anything else you know of or can help me with
    Daily
    MX5 SE
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by cree View Post
    If you report them to the police as stolen they give you a number so if you do get pulled over for 'stolen' plates just quote that number and then there will be no issues.
    Correct, but it would just be hassle, especially if you have had a drink or two, no piont in increasing your risk for a RBT or if you forget your drivers license ect.

My thoughts are to generally fly under the police radar at all times...... cause if they have taken the effort to pull you over, they are more likely to have effort to book you (assuming they find something wrong)

I just dont want to give them any more reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ekx105 View Post
    Loading zones are only for vehicles that are for deliveries. But i'll look into it tomorrow so you can have a more detailed answer.
    It's a wagon some rangers tell me I can and others don't know
    Daily
    ECR33
    Name
    Mike

Yeah you'll need to get it engineered. And once you get it engineered you wont have any issues for it to pass rego because its all passed by the engineer which is approved by the rta.
    Thanks mate. You know any easy going engineering places?
    Daily
    Blueberry MX-5
    2nd Car
    A Wild Pokemon
    Name
    Gilbert

Yeap thats correct, L-Platers are able to learn in any vehicle. They can even do the driving test in a turboed vehicle, but if they pass, they cant drive it home. P-Plate restrictions. But if they choose to drive it home, we cant stop them. And its at their own risk.
    Isn't there a law where you can't drive home FROM RTA whether you passed or fail due to happy or sad emotions LOL! Or some shit like that.