Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: [NSW] Roads & Maritime Services Enquiries! New plates available! Update 4/11/13

Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by jem View Post
    yea the list has nothing about the mira. i sent an email not too long ago asking the rta about it and they just told me to check the list. would that mean it isn't p plate legal?
    Hey mate, i looked further into it, also contacted our technical inquiries unit about it. And they just said, whatever car is on that list, is p-plate friendly. So sorry buddy. The mira isnt p-plate legal. Sorry.
    Daily
    car

1) why did RTA recently jack up the number plate price..AGAIN ~

2) the myplates website says theres new plate designs coming.. know anything?

thanks.
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
    1) why did RTA recently jack up the number plate price..AGAIN ~

2) the myplates website says theres new plate designs coming.. know anything?

thanks.
    Hey mate.
    The RTA dont control the prices for ordering new plates anymore, since weve outsourced the production on the new plates. You can blame MyPlates for the price hike. We only control the yearly fee.

And new plate designs. No news yet on new styles available.
    Daily
    EG5
    2nd Car
    EH9
    Name
    jennifer.

Didn't even think to ask you

Ok, so we went over this before pretty much but different kinda..

I have those semi personalised plates which i've paid 110 one off order fee, now i just pay the 90 on rego.

But what if i change the plates to something else before rego?

Obviously pay 110 one off order fee.. but does that mean on rego i pay 180 ?? =/

Coz if not, i could totes go for diff plates right now and just pay one off order fee.
    Daily
    Holden SSV Ute SeriesII

so young mate cant drive his 18kw Mira, but can jump in their dads 210kw SV6 Commo and cut sick

GG RTA.
    Sydney, NSW, Australia, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
    Daily
    S13

papa's v12 q7 doesn't even need maccas trays

Question to Neil:

If I have bought an import vehicle from interstate, and it has an import 17 character Australian VIN on the Victorian transfer of rego papers (which I have and other papers regarding it being registered in Vic), but no compliance plate (assume it has come in under 15 year import rule). Should I just be able to get the car a blue slip? Or will I need to get an engineers cert?

It's unregistered currently if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by MiZEHV73C View Post
    Didn't even think to ask you

Ok, so we went over this before pretty much but different kinda..

I have those semi personalised plates which i've paid 110 one off order fee, now i just pay the 90 on rego.

But what if i change the plates to something else before rego?

Obviously pay 110 one off order fee.. but does that mean on rego i pay 180 ?? =/

Coz if not, i could totes go for diff plates right now and just pay one off order fee.
    Hey jen! If your after the coloured ones like your eh civic, your looking at a $220 order fee ajd annual fee of $90. If you dont want those plates, return them to the RTA, and just get random white plates for $92
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by brasher View Post
    so young mate cant drive his 18kw Mira, but can jump in their dads 210kw SV6 Commo and cut sick

GG RTA.
    Yeah i know! Its abit scary letting un-experienced driver control the family v6 commo or falcon!! Making think their hero's!
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Paoooul View Post
    papa's v12 q7 doesn't even need maccas trays

Question to Neil:

If I have bought an import vehicle from interstate, and it has an import 17 character Australian VIN on the Victorian transfer of rego papers (which I have and other papers regarding it being registered in Vic), but no compliance plate (assume it has come in under 15 year import rule). Should I just be able to get the car a blue slip? Or will I need to get an engineers cert?

It's unregistered currently if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.
    Hey mate! Since you do have the vin number and that it has been registered before, im sure you wont have any issues with a blue-slip. Aslong as you have the rego papers from VIC and a reciept of the purchase, you should be fine.
    But i'll look into it more and get back to you!
    Banned
    Daily
    Lancer
    Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by ekx105 View Post
    Its best to ask a mechanic/blue-slip person in regards to any differences in changing engine size/capacity. But i'll have a look for you and get back to you asap.
    Thanks buddy appreciate it!