Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: [NSW] Roads & Maritime Services Enquiries! New plates available! Update 4/11/13

Daily
    EG5
    2nd Car
    EH9
    Name
    jennifer.

Why can't this person drive the mira? =/ lol someone fill me in, can't find the post.
    Daily
    Nothing
    Name
    Jean-Claude

Turbo?

Lots of brands (mostly euro) are turning away from naturally aspirated engines in base models. What will happen when most new entry model cars that have better safety features than a 10/20 year old car?

I know that you only work at the RTA but I just think that it's odd that I can't go out and buy a Fiat 500 or a 180 Kompressor but I can buy a giant Landcruser Desiel or SV6/XR6

I know that the restrictions are inplace to stop and/or limit speeding but the fact is that cars go over 60. It might take 10seconds to get there but it's still speeding

Also having P platers limited to 90 or 100 is silly. It causes problems of motorways as going at time 20km/h slower than the rest of the traffic and trying to merge into a 110km/h zone is quite dangerous

Anyway I know that you just work there. Don't have to read into it, just get annoyed something's.

Just TLDR
    1st to 3rd. Always Skip 2nd
    SWAG
    Yay Cool Stuff
    Daily
    Mitsubitsi Triton MN 11
    2nd Car
    Toyota Kluger GXL 14
    Name
    Chris

Hi Neil,

Great Service mate...

Moving Interstate with one vehicle, but leaving the other vehicle in Sydney for the inlaws to drive. As I will be transferring my license over to QLD aswell as one car, can I leave the other car in NSW Rego with my QLD License ? The in laws can take the car to get its yearly pink slip and what not.

I COULD transfer the car into the inlaws names, but I'd be slugged for transfer of ownership + stamp duty right, as they wont allow me to put the sale price as GIFT !!
    Daily
    Daihatsu Mira L200
    2nd Car
    Honda Civic EF9
    Name
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by ekx105 View Post
    Hey mate, i looked further into it, also contacted our technical inquiries unit about it. And they just said, whatever car is on that list, is p-plate friendly. So sorry buddy. The mira isnt p-plate legal. Sorry.
    spewing. thanks for going through all that trouble for me though. this thread is heaps good
    Daily
    Daihatsu Mira L200
    2nd Car
    Honda Civic EF9
    Name
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by MiZEHV73C View Post
    Why can't this person drive the mira? =/ lol someone fill me in, can't find the post.
    the turbo mira isn't p plate legal cause it isnt on the list ):
    Daily
    A165H
    2nd Car
    D21 2.7D DX 4x4
    Name
    Josh

Quote Originally Posted by ekx105 View Post
    It depends. If you just want to remake them, as in get a new set with same numbers, you just pay the remake fee. But if you want a brand new set, 3 letter 3 number is available in any style except for the standard yellow. You can get them in the traditional yellow but.
    Yeah, the original plates were handed in when the car was deregistered by the original owner in 1989
    Cheers mate
    Rail it & nail it.
    Hillbilly Deluxe Mk.II, '81 Mitsubishi Scorpion/'96 Nissan Navara 4x4/'81 Yamaha IT250/'83 Yamaha YZ125
    Daily
    Daihatsu Mira L200
    2nd Car
    Honda Civic EF9
    Name
    Jeremy

if a car is under someone's name but they can't make it to the rta to hand in the form when they sell the car. is it alright for someone else to go for them??
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by jem View Post
    if a car is under someone's name but they can't make it to the rta to hand in the form when they sell the car. is it alright for someone else to go for them??
    Yeah, if their just notifying us that they've sold the vehicle by handing a notice of disposal in, aslong as the registered owner has signed the "seller signature" area, then anyone can hand it in. If your the buyer, its a different story, the person whose bought the vehicle has to sign the reciept/rego papers and also the form and also the representatives authority.
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman2876 View Post
    Yeah, the original plates were handed in when the car was deregistered by the original owner in 1989
    Cheers mate
    Hey mate. You'll be able to get the same plates as theyve been handed in ages ago, but also depends if that combination isnt taken already.
    You would fall into the category that pays annual fees but.
    Daily
    98 Ek1
    Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Bye Evo View Post
    Hi Neil,

Great Service mate...

Moving Interstate with one vehicle, but leaving the other vehicle in Sydney for the inlaws to drive. As I will be transferring my license over to QLD aswell as one car, can I leave the other car in NSW Rego with my QLD License ? The in laws can take the car to get its yearly pink slip and what not.

I COULD transfer the car into the inlaws names, but I'd be slugged for transfer of ownership + stamp duty right, as they wont allow me to put the sale price as GIFT !!
    Hi mate.
    Yeah, you can leave the other car under your name and nsw rego. What i suggest you do is to redirect your rta mail, as in mailing address, to your inlaws address so you know they'll get the renewal papers, because if they dont get them, you would need to send signed and written consent for them to get the renewal papers.

As they are not making changes to the registration details, they can pay it without hassles. But, as stated above, getting replacement label/making changes to rego, you would need signed/written consent from you.

And your right about the transfer/stamp-duty situation.

Hope that helps.