Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM FC3S TRACK CAR BUILD

Daily
    Car

That's one serious chassis, awesome work mate! White is such a classic look for the FC too, timeless
    Daily
    NONE
    2nd Car
    EK1 CXI
    Name
    Tom

nice fc....
    love the attention to detail

Thanks for the words guys. Hope some people are getting a few ideas along the way and learning from my development. I have been lucky to have learned off felow forum members it always makes things easier with people trying out things before you.

Reinstalled the front crossmember after powder coating. Much easier and hard wearing. Also installed the Atkins rotary pulley kit, and the freshly rebuilt De Powered steering rack. This means no power steering pump and so the front of the motor looks nice and clean.

The decision has been made also to rebuilt/highflow the stock turbo (to comply with 2B Marque Sports Car rules fully) - so put it back on for now to finish putting the engine bay together. Once the other turbo is rebuilt I will swap it out. For now I just want to finish plumbing it all up and get out on the track. I have installed the Kinugawa adjustable wastegate actuator I received last week though - and it is very nice. Kinugawa seem to be getting a good rep for their turbos too for the price.

In the future, depending on which direction I go with racing and when the budget allows I will be putting something with more grunt in there but for now I want to get out and turn some laps.
    PM me if you have any Work Rezax Roar wheels - always after spares

I also tried to fitup an S5 lip to my pretty average S4 bumper. My bar had been repaired a few times.....poorly and the holes to mount the bar and the lip were trashed. After mucking around the deision was made to replace the front end.

With an S4 their is not alot of choice - I wanted the bar mould to match the side moulds and rules in the class mean a full fibreglass bumper were out.................but front chin spoilers are legal. So I decidd a half bumper would be the go. My reasoning here has a few advantages.

1# Excuse to replace the font bumper which is not very nice condition
    2# Lower the front of the bar to help aero
    3# Profide a better base to incorporate my front undertray

I really wanted the RE Amemiya type 1 front half to match the wing and mirrors - but over $600.00 landed from Import Monster for something that could get trashed in the sandtrap? Not in this financial year - so I tried to see if the Shine Auto one would go on an S4. Again no definitave yes on fitment as it's designed for the S5 so that was out. Then I remembered Erebuni did a kit in the 80's for the FC that Selectmaz used to supply. So I tracked down who had the mold and Paul Trani at Ezi Glass here in Vic was happy to assist.

Here is the kit fitted (pre paint) to a car in the USA

The rest of the kit is not to my taste and has no real aero advantage but the front bar had potential. The front bar looked way too busy and definetly showed it's 80's styling cues so I edited it in MS Paint to get a few ideas going.

I am no Photshop guru but you get the idea. So I bought a good S4 bar from a local wrecker (Mister Mazda) complete with a decent rubber seal - bonus and set about fitting it up. I don't have progress pics as it's already at the painter and forgot in my rush to get it there but I will give a quick rundown on the process of fitting it up and installing intergrated the aluminium undertray I have fabbed up when I mount it all to the car next month.

James.
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

looks good james. always been a fan of FC's, I just lack the confidence to deal with the spinning triangles. Aero looks great with the holes filled. Keep it up
    Daily
    HDJ80 Landcruiser, Vitz, Supra
    2nd Car
    Supra
    Name
    Shane

WOW! WHat an awesome build man! Those stands are awesome
    Daily
    2nd Car
    Supra
    Name
    Shane

Actually I have a pair of those Rezax in 17 x 9 if your interested. I need wider.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    Actually I have a pair of those Rezax in 17 x 9 if your interested. I need wider.
    Cheers Gorilla - PM sent about wheels.

Do you pilot that Supra from WTAC?
    Daily
    180SX

Rad build!
    Daily
    2nd Car
    Supra
    Name
    Shane